Danny Kristo could be going to jail

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The first time I got plastered I was 18 I think, later than most people. I think it's 15 or 16 for most people I know.

Thank god I grew up in Montreal. It saved me a lot of troubles.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The first time I got plastered I was 18 I think, later than most people. I think it's 15 or 16 for most people I know.

Thank god I grew up in Montreal. It saved me a lot of troubles.

I have the feeling that because it's more restrictive elsewhere, that when guys do get beers they get a little nuts over it because they've been prevented of taking it for so long, they can't wait to drink like it has this whole mystic attached to it. I had my first beer at 14 but I never was a big drinker. It's really in my early 20s that I started drinking a little more. But mainly at parties and when I went out, never on a regular basis.

Halifaxhab*

Wife beaters and Leaf fans get less than that in terms of prison time, can't see them giving 5 kids from University jail time for buy booze for a party...at a University.

I mean really is surprising that serious students, futue leaders of society, are drinking? I am so saddened by that....:sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah, it seems like he's been in the USHL forever (only 3 years!), but he was only drafted in 2008 and isn't a top prospect, so his development will take longer. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Van Wilder though.

I'm still not sure what lot of people see in him. He's always looked very ho-hum to me, but I hope something good happens with him soon. Avoiding jail time would be a start.

Just to clear things up, Kristo spent 1 year in the USHL (that's the top US junior league, and the feeder league to the NCAA). Kristo has spent 4 years in the NCAA, so this is his final year. Before that he played in the USHS (that's the US High School league ranging in age from 14-19 mostly) and then he left the USHS for the USNDTP which is now back in the USHL (but unlike other USHL teams they play in international tournaments and against NCAA schools).

As for not being a top prospect, he certainly is. He's easily one of our most skilled prospects. He's currently tied for 2nd in the NCAA in goals scored and has great speed to go with his impressive offensive abilities.

No doubt Kristo will need to live with a vet if he's ever part of our team lol.

lol. :laugh:

A better question may be how it affects his eligibility. He may be in Hamilton sooner rather than later.

It shouldn't, i believe I read that the couts won't do anything till March although my french isn't so great. The regular season ends in 4 or 5 weeks although North Dakota could be at the Frozen Four tournament at the end of March. I just don't see them sending any of these kids to jail although i never heard of getting jail time for buying beer for underage kids.

7th Player

Oct 8, 2007
www.7thplayer.com
Distributing to minors? That's what College is about.

****ing Americans and their priorities. 18? Can't have a beer, but here's a gun!

Seriously. Give the kid a break. People/media saying Habs need to trade him should relax. The guy has tons of character. No doubt he'll be a solid NHLer one day.

Freaking TVA reporting this as if he had committed the crime of the century

Last edited:

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Wow, those USA laws are so great. Hey man, let's send you to war but you can't have a drink with your buddies.

What the **** is wrong with them? Everybody knows that Americans are drinking at the age of 16-17. Now Danny, let's send you to jail because you distributed alcohol for people under 21.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Wow, those USA laws are so great. Hey man, let's send you to war but you can't have a drink with your buddies.

What the **** is wrong with them? Everybody knows that Americans are drinking at the age of 16-17. Now Danny, let's send you to jail because you distributed alcohol for people under 21.

Well the drinking age in most states is 21, purely because of money
reasons.

Sioux Tradition

Jan 30, 2013
No one will get jail time out of this incident. Contributing charges usually result in a fine, community service, and probation.

He's having a fine season by the way. Night in and night out he's the most dangerous player on the ice.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

send him to jail...keep him there....i never want to see him in a habs jersey

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Had the same thing happen to me in upstate New York. Me the only Canadian in the car and we are driving down a country road drinking and throwing empties as the road signs. I know really smart. Anyway cop pulls us over. I was 18 six weeks before. Everyone else in the car turned 18 later that year. Copy gives me the contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Might not ever be allowed to come back to the states. I nearly sht myself.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Had the same thing happen to me in upstate New York. Me the only Canadian in the car and we are driving down a country road drinking and throwing empties as the road signs. I know really smart. Anyway cop pulls us over. I was 18 six weeks before. Everyone else in the car turned 18 later that year. Copy gives me the contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Might not ever be allowed to come back to the states. I nearly sht myself.

People under estimate how anti serving minors the US is. They also under estimate DA's that need to be reelected and send a strong message.

In all likelihood they are posturing right now but him getting jail is definitely a possibility in the US, they can take it quite seriously.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
You guys aren't hearing the whole story here. He did much more than just provide alcohol for minors.

I read an article months ago shorty after it happened that I will try to track down again. The article stated that he and some other seniors got the freshmen stupid drunk to the point where they were passed out and vomiting on themselves. The seniors then carried (yes they had to be carried) the freshmen back to their dorm rooms. The RA of the dorm saw what was happening and came over and confronted the guys and asked what was going on. Naturally the seniors got out of there and just left the kids passed out in their rooms. The RA went into the rooms to find the kids passed out and had to call the police and paramedics showed up to bring them to the hospital.

It was much more than providing a few beers to minors.

Dec 2, 2010
You guys aren't hearing the whole story here. He did much more than just provide alcohol for minors.

I read an article months ago shorty after it happened that I will try to track down again. The article stated that he and some other seniors got the freshmen stupid drunk to the point where they were passed out and vomiting on themselves. The seniors then carried (yes they had to be carried) the freshmen back to their dorm rooms. The RA of the dorm saw what was happening and came over and confronted the guys and asked what was going on. Naturally the seniors got out of there and just left the kids passed out in their rooms. The RA went into the rooms to find the kids passed out and had to call the police and paramedics showed up to bring them to the hospital.

It was much more than providing a few beers to minors.
So the lightweights passed out... was any of them in actual medical danger or did the RA call 911 because it's his ass on the line if he lets it go? I'm banking on the latter.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
So the lightweights passed out... was any of them in actual medical danger or did the RA call 911 because it's his ass on the line if he lets it go? I'm banking on the latter.

Probably both, but if the kid is unresponsive and the paramedics deem it necessary they don't have much of a choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad