Danny Kristo could be going to jail

Dec 2, 2010
Well according to this, Caggiula is the only that was deemed a "potential" alc. poisoning case. Probably because he puked when the paramedics were there and they have to take precaution. The fact they didn't state that he was diagnosed with actual AP tells me he didn't have any.

Listen, I'm not saying what Kristo and his teammates did is smart or legal, but it's being really blown out of proportion.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Listen, I'm not saying what Kristo and his teammates did is smart or legal, but it's being really blown out of proportion.

I can agree with this, I don't think it's jail-worthy and lord knows I've done worse but I just felt like you guys didn't know the full story. I didn't even come to the Habs board for this reason but being a Gopher fan, when I saw this thread I had to see what you guys thought of good old Danny 9 toes. :D

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It was much more than providing a few beers to minors.

I'm sure it wasn't like they were holding the kids down and forcing the beer down their throats either.

Kids do stupid ****. Kristo should have known better as a senior and a team leader, and deserved the team-imposed suspension. But I think everyone can agree that jail is a little extreme for this "crime".

Dec 2, 2010
I can agree with this, I don't think it's jail-worthy and lord knows I've done worse but I just felt like you guys didn't know the full story. I didn't even come to the Habs board for this reason but being a Gopher fan, when I saw this thread I had to see what you guys thought of good old Danny 9 toes. :D
Nicely done there :laugh: You're welcome to come back if only for the occasional chirp.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Well the drinking age in most states is 21, purely because of money
reasons.

In 1984, Congress passed the National Minimum Drinking Age Act, which required states to raise their ages for purchase and public possession to 21 by October 1986 or lose 10% of their federal highway funds. Since younger voters have a tendency not to vote, it was an easy decision for state politicians to vote in favor of raising the drinking age back up to 21.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
In 1984, Congress passed the National Minimum Drinking Age Act, which required states to raise their ages for purchase and public possession to 21 by October 1986 or lose 10% of their federal highway funds. Since younger voters have a tendency not to vote, it was an easy decision for state politicians to vote in favor of raising the drinking age back up to 21.

The main reason this was passed is because kids in states where the drinking age was 21 would drive into states where the drinking age was lower, and being stupid teenagers, would them drive drunk back and get themselves killed.

Having such a high drinking age is extremely stupid though. I'm happy I lived in Montreal when I was 18 and didn't have to go through this hypocritical BS.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I absolutely agree with anyone who thinks that this being an offense is ridiculous. Bat**** crazy, to be honest.

But... He should have known better, especially when the guy is aiming to be a pro athlete who will have ridiculous attention everywhere in this city. He's not "just a kid", whether he likes it or not.
Some people have to learn the hard way. This will be a lesson for him.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

Yes. It was this loss of Federal funds I was referring to. Kind of "back door"
bullying, since I assume drinking age is properly a state matter.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I'm sure it wasn't like they were holding the kids down and forcing the beer down their throats either.

Kids do stupid ****. Kristo should have known better as a senior and a team leader, and deserved the team-imposed suspension. But I think everyone can agree that jail is a little extreme for this "crime".

Now that I actually live in the US, I understand te cultural differences. The US isn't laissez faire when it comes to minors drinking, in Canada, a teen drinking is a right of passage.

I live in a county where I can't even buy any liquor, only beer. The baptists have outlawed it. I drive 20 miles to the next county. The entire state can't sell any liquor on Sundays.

They take their **** serious down here. Cops are everywhere, some places have three different police forces patrolling, city cops, county sheriffs an state troopers. I got pulled over last week for going 3 mph over the speed limit.

The US can be extremely different than Canada.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Earlier this year there was a thread about Kristo getting suspended yet again and I went on a rant about how I think he's a bad prospect for his off-ice issues. I stayed away from this thread because I abhor paternalistic pro-police laws and politics has nothing to do with this.

The act itself is harmless in a lot of ways but the actor was not aware, or ignored, the reality around him. He yet again demonstrated a startling lack of awareness, responsibility and professionalism. I have no faith in the guy because he's a basketcase and he hasn't even gotten paid yet. As good as he is, and he is talented, I just don't know how the Habs can trust him to make the jump to the AHL without some heavy supervision. It's as if he does not want to be a pro-hockey player whatsoever, a shot that I and millions of other young people would've done almost anything to attain. It's disappointing and disheartening - a young guy with so much talent just not giving a damn, over and over and over.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him or something, but seeing all this heat on Subban, PKane and EKane I think the fans and the media wouldn't even know where to begin with this guy but they'll shred him apart and bring up all his past at the measliest discretion. He only has himself to blame. He HAS to be squeaky clean from the moment he signs his deal or it's just going to be bad for all of us.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Earlier this year there was a thread about Kristo getting suspended yet again and I went on a rant about how I think he's a bad prospect for his off-ice issues. I stayed away from this thread because I abhor paternalistic pro-police laws and politics has nothing to do with this.

The act itself is harmless in a lot of ways but the actor was not aware, or ignored, the reality around him. He yet again demonstrated a startling lack of awareness, responsibility and professionalism. I have no faith in the guy because he's a basketcase and he hasn't even gotten paid yet. As good as he is, and he is talented, I just don't know how the Habs can trust him to make the jump to the AHL without some heavy supervision. It's as if he does not want to be a pro-hockey player whatsoever, a shot that I and millions of other young people would've done almost anything to attain. It's disappointing and disheartening - a young guy with so much talent just not giving a damn, over and over and over.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him or something, but seeing all this heat on Subban, PKane and EKane I think the fans and the media wouldn't even know where to begin with this guy but they'll shred him apart and bring up all his past at the measliest discretion. He only has himself to blame. He HAS to be squeaky clean from the moment he signs his deal or it's just going to be bad for all of us.

I stopped reading at this point. He's not a professional. He's a college kid having the time of his life and he KNOWS it! Who, honestly, would not pay top dollar to be in his shoes (no pun intended) for the last 4 years? I think this kid is a LOT smarter than some think.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I stopped reading at this point. He's not a professional. He's a college kid having the time of his life and he KNOWS it! Who, honestly, would not pay top dollar to be in his shoes (no pun intended) for the last 4 years? I think this kid is a LOT smarter than some think.

Some people feel that once you're drafted a team owns you, not your rights to the NHL.

Ridiculous. Danny Kristo can drop out of school, get fat and collect welfare and no one can say a damn thing because all that happened was a team picked him. That's it. He never collected a paycheck from them and College/Uni players pay their own ride to training camps too! Danny never even accepted the job or a job from the habs and this talk goes on. It's an internal issue and they'll take care of it, that's it.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Some people feel that once you're drafted a team owns you, not your rights to the NHL.

Ridiculous. Danny Kristo can drop out of school, get fat and collect welfare and no one can say a damn thing because all that happened was a team picked him. That's it. He never collected a paycheck from them and College/Uni players pay their own ride to training camps too! Danny never even accepted the job or a job from the habs and this talk goes on. It's an internal issue and they'll take care of it, that's it.

I think Danny's situation is very different than that :laugh:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My point was that he can quit hockey and we can't say jack about it. That's all. Let's not talk about this, so pointless.:laugh:

Characterizing one of our best prospects as a welfare bum? I don't see that as pointless...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Characterizing one of our best prospects as a welfare bum? I don't see that as pointless...

Uh, I didn't. I said he can do whatever he wants and ruin his life, we don't own him. That was my point, not sure how you missed it. I don't think he's a welfare bum at all, the opposite. I think he's a normal guy. I think you assumed I meant he was, I'm saying he can hit rock bottom(by his own will of course) and it's none of our business, we don't own him and he's not a pro yet. I mean as fans. Management obviously cares but it's his life is all im saying.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Uh, I didn't. I said he can do whatever he wants and ruin his life, we don't own him. That was my point, not sure how you missed it. I don't think he's a welfare bum at all, the opposite. I think he's a normal guy. I think you assumed I meant he was, I'm saying he can hit rock bottom(by his own will of course) and it's none of our business, we don't own him and he's not a pro yet. I mean as fans. Management obviously cares but it's his life is all im saying.

So here we are again...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So here we are again...

You can't be serious?

EDIT: If it's not clear. I'm not saying he's acting like a bum. I'm saying we can't even criticize him if he were. He's free to become a doctor, lawyer or pursue a hockey career. That's my point. There's no negative jab, it's just saying he hasn't signed a contract so he's free to pursue any interest he wants until he signs. Of course, it has to be legal lol

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
What? Children have liquor with meals all over the Planet and have done for centuries,the thought of the elder statesmen that create laws that are unjust doesn't make them right.The Roman Senate would have only "Citizens" with the right to consume alcohol as everyone else has neither the intelligence or class to act appropriately,unless they deemed it so!:sarcasm:

bigtimehockeyfan999*

he sucks trade him already...if he was going to be a montreal canadiens..he would be one already get rid of this bum

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

That's my point. I had my fun in college but I wasn't trying to run for public office or join 780 of the worlds best hockey players in the best hockey league in the world. There are sacrifices to be made, parties to avoid, trouble to stay out of if you want to make it to some places. I firmly believe in both a) enjoying yourself when you're young and b) making the appropriate sacrifices when required.

Kristo hasn't been in some light trouble, and it isn't his first time. He's been in disciplinary trouble REGULARLY. With his school, his coaches and with the police. I'm not saying he's not allowed to party, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem like he's willing to sacrifice THAT aspect of college life for the goal of making it in the NHL with the Habs.

We don't own him, he doesn't "owe" the Habs or us fans anything... it's just a waste to see this happen before our very eyes, over and over and over. He's a talented player who hasn't even signed a deal and he's getting frostbite, getting suspended multiple times and is now facing criminal charges? How badly does this kid want to make it in the league - that's the question. And as long as he's a Habs prospect we, as fans, are allowed to ask these pretty tame questions.

I don't question his talent, he's a question-mark like every other college athlete, I question his dedication to his future career. I, personally, know so many would be NHLers who just didn't have the talent but had all the work ethic... and then there's Kristo.

he sucks trade him already...if he was going to be a montreal canadiens..he would be one already get rid of this bum

Poor asset management. We have nothing to gain by trading him, he might still turn out good so keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad