Danny Brière saga ‎Part 2 "Bergevin.Wat R U Doin. Bergevin. Stahp" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
To be honest...I'm exaggerating right now because it's fun lol. But, still...I'd prefer we not sign Briere unless DD is shipped out.

We all feel that way, MB has 3 months to get rid of a midget or two. It's NOT time to panic yet, he might just pull off a masterful move or two by then.

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
Why not Brière? He could replace Ryder, Ryder was soft anyway so not much of a difference. Maybe Bergevin plans on getting a tought winger too adding Brière and his experience in the playoffs cannot be a bad thing because last year only the kids and Subban were performing in the playoff.

Since Cammalleri has been gone we haven't won a playoff round i wonder why. Like he said they are players that get you in the playoffs and they are player that get you trough.

Only thing i hate is that he has history with the habs but i would welcome his offensive output on a short term gladly.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Jodin? Maybe Josi.

and those trade offer are horrible.

And why that?

Do you know how much centers are available on the UFAS? Do you know theres a LOT of teams looking for one. DD and a 1st would bring in a good return. Its not cause you hate him, that he has zero value. If he was the our only forward under 6'0, we would like him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Alain Sanscartier ‏@A_Sanscartier 59s
Confirmé Daniel Brière a Montréal....

Uh oh.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
You know we could have a Briere-Desharnais-Gionta line and cringe everytime theyre on the ice together...

bbWcjGJ.gif

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Again, has less to do with size and more to do with how uneffective he is at this point in his career.

I think Philly as a whole was ineffective last year. No offensive support from the D, no goaltending. I think he can rebound on our team. If we aren't going to spend that money elsewhere then why not give it a shot?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Come on poeple, try to look at the big picture here (Hopefuly, there's one)
I really beleive this would be the first of a couple of move.

Let's say the plan is to get that type of line-up on the top9

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Bourque
Clowe/Clarkson (big winger) - Eller - Brière
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

I wouldn't have a problem to get that type of top 9.
Just have to drop some small players for toughness, prospect, pick and get some Cap back. Sign (or trade for) a good winger with some grit, some size.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Just considering signing Briere is like considering dating an old friend that used to be sexy in school and turned you down at the time... and now got like 4 kids, has debts and her body is all screwed up...

Man, those are the best dates! A box of cheap wine and you're in a for good night! :sarcasm:

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Alain Sanscartier ‏@A_Sanscartier 6m
Confirmé Daniel Brière a Montréal....

Legit twitter account... FML...

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
En suivi à @A_Sanscartier., CH "annoncerait" d'ici fin journée signature de Daniel Brière. 8M $ sur 2 ans.@985Sports Attendons confirmation.

Looks like it's happening.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Go get your damn girls ! :laugh: Poor little kids having a mad dad who spend all his time talking with insane people on an insane hockey forum:laugh:

See? I can't go! I new something would happened...Sanscartier confirms it now....It's done people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going now...I'll listen to Mitch in the car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille