Danny Brière saga ‎Part 2 "Bergevin.Wat R U Doin. Bergevin. Stahp" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
#Habs GM Marc Bergevin has told me he respects fans but doesn't listen to them for unemotional counsel. Can't understand why, frankly...

Can't blame him...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Okay now I have to leave to get my 2 girls...can Danny wait before he makes his announcement 'cause I really would like to be there when it happens....;)

If not...have fun guys. I'll be back in 1 hour.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 1m
#Habs GM Marc Bergevin has told me he respects fans but doesn't listen to them for unemotional counsel. Can't understand why, frankly...

But if you take emotion out of it and just look at the stats it's a bad signing.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The worst thing is. If Briere would be 6'3. Everybody woull forgot what he did us theres a couple of years ago.

But because hes a dwarf on a midget team. We are all pissed. But we dont know whats happening behing the scenes. Im sure Bergevin is not dumb enough (I hope) to sign Briere and not move one of our small forward.

Again, has less to do with size and more to do with how uneffective he is at this point in his career.

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Okay now I have to leave to get my 2 girls...can Danny wait before he makes his announcement 'cause I really would like to be there when it happens....;)

If not...have fun guys. I'll be back in 1 hour.

God's speed WS we need you now more then ever. :(

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
The worst thing is. If Briere would be 6'3. Everybody woull forgot what he did us theres a couple of years ago.

But because hes a dwarf on a midget team. We are all pissed. But we dont know whats happening behing the scenes. Im sure Bergevin is not dumb enough (I hope) to sign Briere and not move one of our small forward.

Gionta won't even start the season no?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Can't blame him...

Well, as Habs fans we are always divided. So when there's an actual consensus amongst us (consensus meaning at least 95%), I'd suggest they'd listen....maybe the Gomez trade, if leaked, would not have happened...;)

Dr. Charles

Jan 20, 2005
Cracktown
Just considering signing Briere is like considering dating an old friend that used to be sexy in school and turned you down at the time... and now got like 4 kids, has debts and her body is all screwed up...

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
But if you take emotion out of it and just look at the stats it's a bad signing.

Depends of the asset we'll get in a trade for DD or Gionta.
AND with Brieres salary. I dont think 4M$ is right. Its probably more 3.

Kane wants out of Winnipeg. Nashville have too much defenceman and need a center badly.

Jodin vs DD.
Kane vs DD + Pick ?

We NEVER know.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Kane would be a dream but he clearly doesn't fit the criteria needs to be a Hab.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec

We haven't seen the term&price of the contract yet. 2x4m/yr probably isn't set in stone.

What if its one year?

What if its a cheaper deal?

What if Briere is the masterpiece to sign more, better players like Gomez was? :sarcasm:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Well, as Habs fans we are always divided. So when there's an actual consensus amongst us (consensus meaning at least 95%), I'd suggest they'd listen....maybe the Gomez trade, if leaked, would not have happened...;)

What's the breakdown among francophone fans? For/Against Brière?

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

Kane wants out of Winnipeg. Nashville have too much defenceman and need a center badly.

Jodin vs DD.
Kane vs DD + Pick ?

We NEVER know.

Jodin? Maybe Josi.

and those trade offer are horrible.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
To be honest...I'm exaggerating right now because it's fun lol. But, still...I'd prefer we not sign Briere unless DD is shipped out.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We haven't seen the term&price of the contract yet. 2x4m/yr probably isn't set in stone.

What if its one year?

What if its a cheaper deal?

What if Briere is the masterpiece to sign more, better players like Gomez was? :sarcasm:

That's true, if it's 1 year it's not so bad but more than that for a guy at his age coming off such a bad year. It would be a bad signing.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

Jodin vs DD.
Kane vs DD + Pick ?

We NEVER know.

I like how some are already in cognitive dissonance mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad