Danny Brière saga ‎Part 2 "Bergevin.Wat R U Doin. Bergevin. Stahp" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
Yes he is small but he can't be as uninvolved as Micheal Ryder was . Welcome Daniel hope you have a great time with the Habs !

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
tumblr_m7xjjevoeE1rn95k2o1_250.gif

Guys don't get your hopes up, he probably won't end up signing.

Not sure if serious...

Most people are getting their hopes up that he wont be signing.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I can't even believe it. So much for becoming a bigger/tougher team. Can't wait to see a Gionta-Desharnais-Briere line!!

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Oh whatever. I wish my team would be winners sometimes. I'll eat my words if he comes in and does great. I hope he does great. But I have no confidence in him.

IMO, he will have around 0.25 PPG in games against division rivals, and if he doesn't create points he doesn't do anything else.

Bad signing. IMO. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll publically say so, I'm not one to not do it and be stubborn in my positions, but I don't like it.

cap10bfl

Apr 18, 2007
Laval, Qc
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 38s
Une excellente source me confirme que Daniel Brière s'est entendu avec le Canadien. Confirmation sous peu. #RDS

done deal

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Still refuse to believe it. I won't!

EDIT: God damn it! Lavoie and Engels both reported it now. That's enough for me. :(

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 1m
Une excellente source me confirme que Daniel Brière s'est entendu avec le Canadien. Confirmation sous peu. #RDS

Holy ****

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Heres the thing. Briere has had success in the post season but its because he could sneak around and jump into scrambles after Philly's big forwards would be engaged with the opposition's defence. That's not going to work here. He's old, small and prone to inconsistencies in the regular season. And I hate the $$$ (not the term though)

The positives for me is that he is very skilled and does have tons of experience. I just don't like adding another midget. If Gionta was gone, then fine. But as it stands now we are tiny up front and it just doesn't make sense. I'm not going to say he won't succeed here, but you really have to question if he is going to be able to be effective in the same way he could be in Philly. Big risk by MB, could really sour my opinion of his decision making if it goes bad.

Welcome, Danny.

Analyzer*

I can't even believe it. So much for becoming a bigger/tougher team. Can't wait to see a Gionta-Desharnais-Briere line!!

You won't see it...

2 years 6 mill per. That's my guess.

Haters gonna hate.
Bieber gonna Bieb
Overpayers gonna overpay.

Roy Gerbil

Hang up the phone
Oct 17, 2007
Roy, New Mexico

I don't disagree that I'd be disappointed if this is all that occurred, but this type of overreaction is absurd.

It's July 4th people, relax. An entire summer awaits.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
En suivi à @A_Sanscartier., CH "annoncerait" d'ici fin journée signature de Daniel Brière. 8M $ sur 2 ans.@985Sports Attendons confirmation.

Translation:
In follow-up, @ A_Sanscartier: Canadiens announcing Briere signing by the end of the day. $ 8M over 2 years. @ 985Sports is waiting for confirmation.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
You're hitting your sophomore slump after a great ROY run!!

Embrace the madness and the overreaction.

lol,I'm not really a fan of 35 year old Briere, but I'l wait and see what he does for the team. This might turn out to be a great signing, or a complete bust. At least the term isn't long.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
I am meh on it, hoping Briere rebounds from last year, if he does, he is a great player.

I gotta say, he has balls to come and sign here at 35 after what he did a few years ago . I give him props for that. He will be scrutinized every single second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->