Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Bader's approach isn't exactly perfect, but if you want to see a model that really loves Yurov here it is.

I don't know who Patrick Bacon is, I only started seeing his tweets in the past month. But he seems not very bright. Suggest ignoring him.

You had me at bacon

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
i have him somewhere between boldy (floor) & kaprizov (ceiling!)
If Boldy was his floor, he'd be a very safe pick, unfortunately he's not that safe of a pick...his floor carries bust potential.

This is a risk/ reward pick. The potential reward is worth taking the higher risk... but it's also why after taking Yurov, the Ohgren pick looks much better in hindsight than it did initially. Good combo of safe/ risk between the two.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
#1 every player drafted could bust, i was super high on sokolov and he bellyflopped. #2 yurov technically scored more ppg than kaprizov in the MHL. #3 you point out bust potential but never acknowledge BPA vs redraft 3 years later is never the same so nobody really knows who BPA is. hmmmmm,

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
#1 every player drafted could bust, i was super high on sokolov and he bellyflopped. #2 yurov technically scored more ppg than kaprizov in the MHL. #3 you point out bust potential but never acknowledge BPA vs redraft 3 years later is never the same so nobody really knows who BPA is. hmmmmm,
I’ve read this 8 times and still have no idea what point you’re trying to make

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Hindsight is 20/20 when discussing a BPA pick turning into a bust, in turn meaning Yurov could be a huge bust in 3 years and when we look back at this draft at that point we will regret this pick?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hindsight is 20/20 when discussing a BPA pick turning into a bust, in turn meaning Yurov could be a huge bust in 3 years and when we look back at this draft at that point we will regret this pick?
If you look back at every pick you make, you'll have more regret than joy. You just make the best choice you can with the information you have at the moment and hope you have more wins than the other guys.

Today Yurov looks like a great pick. That's all that anyone can say about it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I am starting to warm up to Yurov. The only risks I see is that he signs an extension at the end of this season. Love to see him play for Minnesota in April.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If you look back at every pick you make, you'll have more regret than joy. You just make the best choice you can with the information you have at the moment and hope you have more wins than the other guys.

Today Yurov looks like a great pick. That's all that anyone can say about it.
The comment wasnt my own thoughts, just trying to figure out what he was trying to say with his points. I love the Yurov pick the more i look into the player. its a boom or bust, something we wanted. the kid could be an elite offensive talent. time will tell but i wont look back on this pick in 5 years and say dang i wish we wouldnt of done it.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The comment wasnt my own thoughts, just trying to figure out what he was trying to say with his points. I love the Yurov pick the more i look into the player. its a boom or bust, something we wanted. the kid could be an elite offensive talent. time will tell but i wont look back on this pick in 5 years and say dang i wish we wouldnt of done it.
Yeah, I know. I thought to myself "maybe I should be replying to DANO instead," but then got lazy.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm guessing at least the bust potential comment was because I disagreed with his "Boldy being his floor" comment. I said Yurov has pretty high bust potential, so how could his floor be Boldy. If Boldy was his floor, and Kap his ceiling, he'd have gone top 5.

His being a high risk is why he was still there at 24.

Redraft 3 years from now, makes no impact on that statement right now. You can only make your best guess on today's information in today's draft on BPA. Change the info with 3 more years of data, of course the results will change.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm guessing at least the bust potential comment was because I disagreed with his "Boldy being his floor" comment. I said Yurov has pretty high bust potential, so how could his floor be Boldy. If Boldy was his floor, and Kap his ceiling, he'd have gone #1.

His being a high risk is why he was still there at 24.

Redraft 3 years from now, makes no impact on that statement right now. You can only make your best guess on today's information in today's draft on BPA. Change the info with 3 more years of data, of course the results will change.
FIFY

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo was on KFAN today watching practice, and said that Beckman was clearly the best player on the ice (Rossi wasn't there yet). Said he scored 3 goals in 10 minutes...I'm assuming there was some sort of scrimmage.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Russo was on KFAN today watching practice, and said that Beckman was clearly the best player on the ice (Rossi wasn't there yet). Said he scored 3 goals in 10 minutes...I'm assuming there was some sort of scrimmage.
Rossis' team practices after his so godda find that team chart to see who he was against but its still a good sign to see him pushing the pace right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad