Recalled/Assigned: Daniil Tarasov to SJ

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
amazing what a scoring 4th line will do. I like Tarasov, he made some really solid plays, him and Tierney had great chemistry.

I love me a skill based 4th line - third line also for that matter.

I remember constantly bucking heads with people on the board who insisted our 3rd line needed to be a shutdown grind-em-out line.

All lines should be able to score in today's NHL.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I've hit a brick wall on this so perhaps others can track down the info.

Daniil Tarasov is, despite all denials, apparently still injured. He didn't play this weekend, and when I asked if he was skating with the team I got the runaround, which is very unusual. Usually if I stumble into stuff they don't want me to know they come right out and tell me they aren't going to tell me anything.

Here's the issue...an NHL team cannot assign an injured player to the minors without that player's permission. I'm thinking Tarasov gave that permission to make himself eligible for the AHL playoffs, and because of that is still collecting his NHL salary.

Asking San Jose hockey ops about stuff like that is akin to asking them a question about nuclear physics--you're not going to get an accurate answer (if you get one at all).

So, anyone with any insight here?

jarr92

May 7, 2013

Daniil Tarasov is, despite all denials, apparently still injured. He didn't play this weekend, and when I asked if he was skating with the team I got the runaround, which is very unusual. Usually if I stumble into stuff they don't want me to know they come right out and tell me they aren't going to tell me anything.

Here's the issue...an NHL team cannot assign an injured player to the minors without that player's permission. I'm thinking Tarasov gave that permission to make himself eligible for the AHL playoffs, and because of that is still collecting his NHL salary.

Asking San Jose hockey ops about stuff like that is akin to asking them a question about nuclear physics--you're not going to get an accurate answer (if you get one at all).

pretty sure he skated at the outdoor practice..? don't know if that would help

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Maybe he was healthy and sent to Worcester but got injured again getting off the plane.

In all seriousness, he had been skating w/ SJ for at least a few days before being sent down but who knows.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe the Sharks told Worcester not to play him, because they wanted him healthy and back with the Sharks after the deadline?

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Maybe the Sharks told Worcester not to play him, because they wanted him healthy (for at least a couple of shifts) and back with the Sharks after the deadline?

Whats the old line (in jest) "fixed it for you"?

Last edited:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Remember those odd transactions when Taylor Fedun went back and forth on paper from the SJSharks and WorSharks? Now it's Tarasov's turn.

With Fedun being an emergency recall I understand the back and forth with him but Tarasov was a regular recall, any idea why they "sent" him back to Worcester then "brought" him back again?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Well, with the crazy international charter rules, he's with the team until they're out of Canada.

I'm thinking that's not the case. My understanding is the issue with charter flights to Canada is once the passenger list is filed you can't add anyone, but there isn't any problems with people on that passenger list deciding not be on the flight for whatever reason.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
And he was 'returned' to Worcester again as of yesterday.

This was listed as a regular recall but they're treating it like it was an emergency, that or he's back to Worcester for good this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad