Recalled/Assigned: Daniil Tarasov to SJ

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I don't see that happening.

Smart move by the Ducks to go with a skilled 4th line vs what's likely to be a pretty bad 4th line. I'm surprised they don't do this all the time, they have the skaters for it.

I know. One can dream though. The coaching staff is stuck in their ways.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
whats up with his play lately in the W? Besides it being "stellar"? Can someone elaborate?

thanks!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Can someone give a scouting report for Tarasov?

Offensively Tarasov is very good, he has great puck skills, vision, a good shot, good hockey sense, passes well and can get himself into good scoring positions.

The rest of his game, while improving is still just so so.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
Can someone give a scouting report for Tarasov?

I remember seeing Tarasov in camp two years ago. Thus guy has extra moves that you rarely see from Sharks players. He just had an extra deke or move that most guys couldn't keep up with.

Problem was he couldn't play in the other end of the rink to save his life.

It seemed like with many Russian players, the scoring touch was legit, but he either wasn't too excited or able to play both ends of the game. Time in the AHL was supposed to give him time to learn.

I can't watch W. Sharks games like the rest of us in SJ, but that's at least what I know of the guy.

I think we signed him as a UFA, so if he made the squad, even next year, that would be a big win for DW IMO.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm happy. Seen him a few times in Worcester and he's really impressed me. The few times I've seen him, he looks like he's about to get absolutely cranked, but somehow doesn't get injured, so I hope he works on not even putting himself in such a position, but maintains playing hard.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
I remember seeing Tarasov in camp two years ago. Thus guy has extra moves that you rarely see from Sharks players. He just had an extra deke or move that most guys couldn't keep up with.

Problem was he couldn't play in the other end of the rink to save his life.

It seemed like with many Russian players, the scoring touch was legit, but he either wasn't too excited or able to play both ends of the game. Time in the AHL was supposed to give him time to learn.

I can't watch W. Sharks games like the rest of us in SJ, but that's at least what I know of the guy.

I think we signed him as a UFA, so if he made the squad, even next year, that would be a big win for DW IMO.

I remember during his stint with the Bulls being baffled why he wasn't in the AHL. His offensive skills were definitely there (by far the best player the Bulls ever had :laugh:). Glad to hear from others his game's been improving in Worcester, hope he gets a chance to play at least one game during the callup. Either way it's probably kind of exciting for him, though.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I don't get the excitement. Sure he is on a bad team but he is a skill player who is nowhere close to a ppg in the ahl.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Glad we sat him tonight and played Scott. We wouldn't have gotten the win otherwise.

I'm totally with your sarcasm on this, and he needs to play over Scott.

But last night was the perfect Scott game, up 4 goals in the 3rd period, Scott can stay on the ice so Ducks are less likely to goon it up per usual when they are losing big.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
I'm totally with your sarcasm on this, and he needs to play over Scott.

But last night was the perfect Scott game, up 4 goals in the 3rd period, Scott can stay on the ice so Ducks are less likely to goon it up per usual when they are losing big.

What's more likely to happen?

1.) Scott being iced protects cheap shots from happening and thus keeps us safe?

OR

2.) Scott contributing to a dumb penalty and causing a PP to happen for the opposition leading to our men getting unnecessarily dinged up by taking/blocking shots?

To me, Scott does more harm than good in any game.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
What's more likely to happen?

1.) Scott being iced protects cheap shots from happening and thus keeps us safe?

OR

2.) Scott contributing to a dumb penalty and causing a PP to happen for the opposition leading to our men getting unnecessarily dinged up by taking/blocking shots?

To me, Scott does more harm than good in any game.

Well I saw Scott on the ice late vs good lines from the Ducks. I don't think Perry is going to start a scrum vs Scott.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
Well I saw Scott on the ice late vs good lines from the Ducks. I don't think Perry is going to start a scrum vs Scott.

It hasn't stopped him before with our prior goons. People use Scott on the ice against the Ducks to justify his presence. When healthy, he has no place in the starting lineup. Enforcers do more damage to the teams that employ them than to the opposing team - he's not even fast enough to hit the other players. I'm not a huge Brown fan, but when he's healthy and you want that "grit," he should do the job.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
He actually hits a lot of players on the forecheck, even on the Hawks who are very speedy. He always finishes his checks which is something this team often lacks.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Scott scores goals (barely plural) whereas Tarasov is only good for secondary assists.

Seriously, probably the best game from the 4th line this season: 2 G, 4 pts.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
amazing what a scoring 4th line will do. I like Tarasov, he made some really solid plays, him and Tierney had great chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad