Recalled/Assigned: Daniil Tarasov to SJ

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
This is an awesome reward for his stellar play as of late.

He won't play tonight but there's a small chance if TK is out for a while he may get into a game.

I think Tarasov would do fine on the '3rd' line with Sheppard at C and Hertl on the other W but I agree, skating him with any combo of Desi/McGinn/Scott would just be setting him up for failure.

Last edited:

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
My guess is he'll get into the lineup just as soon as John Scott gets suspended again for concussing/name-calling Tim Jackman. :sarcasm:

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
This is interesting. Tuesday, Kurz quoted McLellan on Hertl: "Based on our injuries now and the way we move people around, he’ll play the wing for a couple games again..."

Then Wednesday, TMac says Kennedy is injured. Tarasov called up.

I'm assuming Hertl goes back to center, but the whole "he'll play the wing again" made me rage. Hertl was doing fine at center and they blew his 4-day break apart to get him AHL time at center. Then TMac plays Rubik's cube because... he's bored?

Maddening. But oddly, thank you Kennedy for forcing TMac to do the right thing.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
This is interesting. Tuesday, Kurz quoted McLellan on Hertl: "Based on our injuries now and the way we move people around, he’ll play the wing for a couple games again..."

Then Wednesday, TMac says Kennedy is injured. Tarasov called up.

I'm assuming Hertl goes back to center, but the whole "he'll play the wing again" made me rage. Hertl was doing fine at center and they blew his 4-day break apart to get him AHL time at center. Then TMac plays Rubik's cube because... he's bored?

Maddening. But oddly, thank you Kennedy for forcing TMac to do the right thing.

TK getting injured isn't going to move Hertl back to center. They like Sheppard at C so until they get healthy enough to go with 4 good likes Hertl is likely to stay at W.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think they might have Hertl and Sheppard switch around during games. I'm pretty sure I saw Hertl take some draws last game, meaning I thought he was the first one on the draw.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
With Jackman not playing tonight I hope Tarasov gets to play. Scott can sit and goodrow can slide to the 4th line.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
With Jackman not playing tonight I hope Tarasov gets to play. Scott can sit and goodrow can slide to the 4th line.

I don't see that happening.

Smart move by the Ducks to go with a skilled 4th line vs what's likely to be a pretty bad 4th line. I'm surprised they don't do this all the time, they have the skaters for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad