Confirmed with Link: Daniel Sprong to Anaheim Ducks for Marcus Pettersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not a fan of this trade, seems like it could easily bite us. He has the potential to be a good player.

I also don't really see how this is a trade that will help shake up the team since he wasn't playing anyways. Hopefully more moves are coming up.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Because God put us all on earth for a reason (or reasons) and bringing misery to your day is one of mine? :oops:

giphy.gif

I thought it was my boss's purpose on Earth.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So Pettersson is waiver exempt, have to imagine they give him a look and send down Riikola.

Maybe they give him a look but they can send down Wilson....I think he’s going directly to the A though to learn the Pens system, which is way different than ANA’s...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
By the early looks I think you guys slightly win this trade. But we were able to make the trade with Larsson looking better and Mahura showing more potential in the NHL (both younger Ds than MP).
I really hope MP pans out and I think he might have a good chance to do it with you guys. For now he has been a nice 3d pairing guy and I think he can pan out as a nice #4 if all goes well. He just needs to get bigger and stronger. The smarts and few other skills are there for him to one day be a #4.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Bryan Rust might be the forward with the most job security on this team after Crosby/Malkin.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
From Mackey: "Asked Sprong today why he thought he wasn't playing: "That’s my opinion. I’ll keep that to myself. Just try to stay focused. It’s out of my control. I can only control what I can control. It’s the coach’s decision if I’m in the lineup or out of the lineup."

Definitely sounds like there was a rift there between player and coach. If Sprong does have an attitude problem I hope he realizes that's not gonna play any better with Carlyle.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
dan SPRONG

Let's be real - it was never going to work here with this guy. Oh well.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not a fan of this trade, seems like it could easily bite us. He has the potential to be a good player.

I also don't really see how this is a trade that will help shake up the team since he wasn't playing anyways. Hopefully more moves are coming up.

If it means Maatta or Oleksiak can be moved now, it may end up worth it.

Reactions: Beau Knows
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad