Confirmed with Link: Daniel Cleary (1 year, $1.5 MM + $1 MM bonus potential)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Ummm Nyquist is on the team! you really think Jurco will stay down? get real! You can and most likely lose players like Mitch and Lando now! Yep damn those 6' 200lbs, right handed mean wingers! Oh and his 29 goals and 18Asst last year just suck as well. :shakehead:shakehead
And we really don't need any right handed shooting centers either! So lets just let let Ferraro walk as well. This crap of letting kids rot is no longer going to work! And it is the teams with the GOOD 4TH LINE PLUGS as you put that win!! That is called depth not plugs by the way. :shakehead:shakehead Keep backing Kenny and we are the dead wings again!!!

I'd much rather have Miller-Helm-LGD as a fourth line. I have no idea why you're so distraught about Landy and Cally. They're borderline NHLers, probably lifetime AHLers. At this point I'd take Athanasiou in the lineup over those two.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Not trying to defend the Cleary resigning, but the bolded part is ridiculous. Cleary is tough as nails, and has the biggest heart on the team. Its why he's a broken down piece of junk now. He has given everything and more for this team.

As for Callahan and Ferraro, right now they are both borderline NHLers. We should be legitimately upset about Jurco and Mantha being denied a roster spot. Mitch and Landon.....not so much.

Was tough as nails! Had the most heart! If he was going to get top min then yes, I hope to that's not the case. Miller can sit, danny boy can sit and let Jurco and Mantha play. I see you have a Giffs avvy have you ever watched Mitch play? He is all heart and one tough sob.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Was tough as nails! Had the most heart! If he was going to get top min then yes, I hope to that's not the case. Miller can sit, danny boy can sit and let Jurco and Mantha play. I see you have a Giffs avvy have you ever watched Mitch play? He is all heart and one tough sob.

no was about it,it's not like Cleary suddenly became lazy or anything

he's just completely physically incapable of being anything close to a useful hockey player anymore

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Holland talks about loyalty yet where is his allegiance to the fans who sellout every game and fill that place up. I swear if Jurco is sent down for Cleary I'm gonna lost it, you play the best 18 skaters and he isn't even close. He's almost not even AHL material, 8 points in 52 games is beyond terrible

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
I'd much rather have Miller-Helm-LGD as a fourth line. I have no idea why you're so distraught about Landy and Cally. They're borderline NHLers, probably lifetime AHLers. At this point I'd take Athanasiou in the lineup over those two.

I like Miller, he is a very good pker, Love Helm, but he is our 3rd line center now. I just have a soft spot for Cally now. We are not going to loose Jerco or Mantha. I just don't want to draft someone loose them for cleary and spend a pick to bring them back again.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Holland talks about loyalty yet where is his allegiance to the fans who sellout every game and fill that place up. I swear if Jurco is sent down for Cleary I'm gonna lost it, you play the best 18 skaters and he isn't even close. He's almost not even AHL material, 8 points in 52 games is beyond terrible
No one will disagree with that. Hopefully things will sort themselves out in training camp. As long as Cleary is the 13th/14th forward he's not doing us much damage.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
no was about it,it's not like Cleary suddenly became lazy or anything

he's just completely physically incapable of being anything close to a useful hockey player anymore

Right if your car can't do the speed minimum you don't drive it when you have a newer one sitting in the drive way lol.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I like Miller, he is a very good pker, Love Helm, but he is our 3rd line center now. I just have a soft spot for Cally now. We are not going to loose Jerco or Mantha. I just don't want to draft someone loose them for cleary and spend a pick to bring them back again.

We won't have to. Nobody is going to claim them if we waive them.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I doubt they're generating much buzz around the league about the potential of them being waived. They're not that good.

Ouch. Someone's not mincing words here. :laugh:

I don't think they're generating much buzz, either, and there's also no reason to take a swing with them when there's also some of the guys still UFA who could be signed.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Helm is the 4C. He's definitely not gonna play above Z, D, Sheahan, and hopefully Weiss. And that's fine. Helms' greatest asset is his speed and his playmaking isn't where it needs to be to be a top9 C compared to the rest.

The only benefit to guys like Callahan at this point is that they might bring a little bit more sandpaper vs. a guy like Miller and would be just a little cheaper. But I have no idea if Callahan would be our #1 PK forward like Miller. In fact I rather doubt it.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Helm is the 4C. He's definitely not gonna play above Z, D, Sheahan, and hopefully Weiss. And that's fine. Helms' greatest asset is his speed and his playmaking isn't where it needs to be to be a top9 C compared to the rest.

The only benefit to guys like Callahan at this point is that they might bring a little bit more sandpaper vs. a guy like Miller and would be just a little cheaper. But I have no idea if Callahan would be our #1 PK forward like Miller. In fact I rather doubt it.

Gator-Helm-Miller/Cally

Is my ideal 4th line.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Dream scenario would have been, a few hours after the Cleary signing 200 season ticket holders should have withdrawn, i think that only economics could really influense a GM to listen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah Sheahan played above Helm in the depth chart pretty much all of last year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Right if your car can't do the speed minimum you don't drive it when you have a newer one sitting in the drive way lol.

and i'm really not suggesting otherwise,i've wanted Cleary gone for years now

but it's silly to suggest that he suddenly doesn't have heart anymore,the problem is it's literally the only thing he's got left

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ferraro, maybe. Callahan just scored 29 goals and looks to be a pretty valuable bottom-sixer in the future. To say he is not that good is very wrong IMO.

Plenty of guys are good AHLers and not so good in the NHL.

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
Callahan will never get a decent chance in the NHL as long as he's in the Red Wings system. He plays with to much grit.
No place for his style in game in extended pinkie finger Holland/Babcock scheme.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI

I really do not know how Callahan is on the pk. I just think his up side is WAYYY higher than most are giving him here.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone think Stone Hands Luke can be effective playing the Wing? I don't really.

I think he's effective on the 4th line. Anything above that and I'm not interested.

Pretty sure he's naturally a wing, and I think it's a better fit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad