Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Te Deslauriers-Froese-Carr line should be put together again. They were playing great against lesser opponents, bottom six players.

as well as te Patches-Galchy-Gally line who finished great together two years ago.

But Julien being Julien.... welll....

Reactions: Fixxer and Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The thing I liked a lot about Carr's goal last night is even though it can be called a tap in, as the play developed, he went to the front of the net with purpose; he went there to hunt for a goal and no other reason, not because you're supposed to go to the net as a forward. He went with his stick on the ice, trying to sneak through the defensive coverage and put himself in the right lane for a pace or to pounce on a rebound. And when he got the rebound, he made no mistake.

I want him in the lineup every game until the of the season and I want him back next year as a lock on the 4th line with a possibility of moving up if he earns it.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
The thing I liked a lot about Carr's goal last night is even though it can be called a tap in, as the play developed, he went to the front of the net with purpose; he went there to hunt for a goal and no other reason, not because you're supposed to go to the net as a forward. He went with his stick on the ice, trying to sneak through the defensive coverage and put himself in the right lane for a pace or to pounce on a rebound. And when he got the rebound, he made no mistake.

I want him in the lineup every game until the of the season and I want him back next year as a lock on the 4th line with a possibility of moving up if he earns it.
With 11 points in 18 games, he should definitely be in the lineup over guys like Shaw or Froese.

But grit

Reactions: Tim Wallach

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Won't be surprised when he's scratched tomorrow to let Froese get back in the lineup.

Nothing wrong with Froese. DLR though i just don't know.

I think after Pacioretty and Plekanec are traded.

You'll be left with

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher
Hudon-Danault-Sherbak
Deslauriers-Froese-Carr
Byron-L.Shaw-Lehkonen

Pick your holes to fill.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
The Habs season has been over, it's ****ing stupid not to have Carr and DLR in the lineup every night as what the **** do we have to lose otherwise.

I agree entirely.

Carr playing shouldn't even be a question.

DLR has not been good bit for God's sake we have him, he showed some spark the last 20 games in the HAL last year, friggen play him. And not on the 4th either. He fails he fails. We are no worse off. Now if by some chance he clicks, then there we go.

The season is done baby. Look to the future. You give all our young guys a shot. Bring up BigMac while we are at it. Ludricous that these guys are being kept out of this so awesome line up for the likes of confirmed career fringe players.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He is our forward with the best PPG, and he is on par with Weber including defenceman as well. As many points as Lehkonen with half of the games played. He is not a defensive liability more than Hudon, Scherbak, Galchenyuk, Drouin... I see no reason for him not being in the lineup as others posted stated.

I hope he can become a Derek Ryan or Jordan Weal type of player. Late bloomers that got full-tme in the NHL in their mid-twenty and are now contribute well on the 3rd line. I'm not comparing them style-wise but I think that's his ceiling.

He's a RFA at the end of the season, thinking he get re-signed. I mean, Ryan became a regular in the NHL at 30 years old. Maybe next year is the year he become a regular.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He is our forward with the best PPG, and he is on par with Weber including defenceman as well. As many points as Lehkonen with half of the games played. He is not a defensive liability more than Hudon, Scherbak, Galchenyuk, Drouin... I see no reason for him not being in the lineup as others posted stated.

I hope he can become a Derek Ryan or Jordan Weal type of player. Late bloomers that got full-tme in the NHL in their mid-twenty and are now contribute well on the 3rd line. I'm not comparing them style-wise but I think that's his ceiling.

He's a RFA at the end of the season, thinking he get re-signed. I mean, Ryan became a regular in the NHL at 30 years old. Maybe next year is the year he become a regular.

I just love that he can produce playing on the 4th line. That's very hard to do. He Deslaurier and Froese have good chemistry together. They wreck havoc on the opposition. I can't remember the last time I actually look forward to our 4th line being on the ice. But I did with them.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I remember him being close to the net, a lot of the time. From his first games with the habs a few years back, to now. The issue is ice-time and even, just being able to actually play. I agree with the previous posts about the Deslauriers - Froese - Carr line

Reactions: Habs100

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coach has favored the likes of Froese over him. It's a clear message as to where he stands in the coach's mind.

Seems to me that once this contract ends, he's off to greener pastures.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Coach has favored the likes of Froese over him. It's a clear message as to where he stands in the coach's mind.

Julien likes a big 4th line and speed is the way of the new NHL.

It's a shame, usually I can't wait until the 4th line gets off the ice. But when Carr and Deslaurier are out there together, especially with Froese, I look forward to seeing if they'll create something in the offensive zone.

I could see Carr going on a tear if he ever got a regular shift. Sure he'd have his cold spells, but he'd play through it.

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I hope we can get a pick 2019 for Carr this summer. Habs don't seem to want to use him and he could be a very useful winger for some teams third or fourth line.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Greener as in the Swiss alps?? Carr is a fring NHL player. Dime a dozen.
No team will give him a spot in top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad