Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Daniel Carr (Sent down 2/1/2017)

good to see him heating up as the Dogs need all the scoring help they can get. The interesting thing is that before his 16 game streak, he only scored in 4 of 37 previous games. I haven't seen him since he's heated up but when I saw him early in the year I wasn't impressed at all. But he was a hair from being a PPG in the NCAA and won a National Championship (wouldn't be surprised if Mark MacMillan's team wins it this year).

Who has a decent scouting report on Daniel Carr? I remember him buzzing around noticeably in the pre-season games, and see he has gone on fire lately. Also had good NCAA stats.

Does Carr have NHL level skating? Shot? Hockey IQ?

Can he provide secondary scoring to the Habs eventually?

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Who has a decent scouting report on Daniel Carr? I remember him buzzing around noticeably in the pre-season games, and see he has gone on fire lately. Also had good NCAA stats.

Does Carr have NHL level skating? Shot? Hockey IQ?

Can he provide secondary scoring to the Habs eventually?

I think that the only thing that struck is that he needed way much more strength. But he does have a great knack for the net, good speed, good hands. But just seems frail to me.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
I did an advanced search on my post history for Carr to see what I've said about him, I found only this from preseason;

"I actually was quite impressed with Carr for my first ever viewing of him, seemed engaged physically, speedy, had some flash. It was my first time ever seeing him but his line did well and he especially stood out to me against Hensick and Bowman, personally. But I always have a soft spot for the new guys too."

He only played in the one pre-season game anyway. As for in Hamilton I watched a bunch of games at the start of the year and he was mostly playing bottom 6, borderline 4 line wing then and he didn't stand out to me. But I think he is a good skater, and clearly has a great shot, and doesn't seem afraid to go to the net/dirty areas to fight for goals.

Really interested to see how he finishes the season, and if the Dogs make the playoffs, and even moreso next year. If he can come in next year and pick up as a top player for the Dogs, he'll definitely be more on my radar. For now I still don't consider him a top prospect but I am limited in my viewings/knowledge of him of course. But clearly raising his stock lately, but is it is a flash in the pan or can he maintain? That is what I'm most interested in, and seeing him in pre-season games next year will be nice too I'm sure he'll get more than 1 game.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
So Carr is a tall whining sniper who drinks and smokes too much but will score a lucky goal to win the Olympics?

HFZWksO.gif

:laugh:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
A mix of Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Mike Bossy, Guy Lafleur and Sidney Crosby.

Lemieux's back, Gretzky's size, Bossy's playmaking, Lafluer's off ice habits, and Crosby's durability.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I did an advanced search on my post history for Carr to see what I've said about him, I found only this from preseason;

"I actually was quite impressed with Carr for my first ever viewing of him, seemed engaged physically, speedy, had some flash. It was my first time ever seeing him but his line did well and he especially stood out to me against Hensick and Bowman, personally. But I always have a soft spot for the new guys too."

He only played in the one pre-season game anyway. As for in Hamilton I watched a bunch of games at the start of the year and he was mostly playing bottom 6, borderline 4 line wing then and he didn't stand out to me. But I think he is a good skater, and clearly has a great shot, and doesn't seem afraid to go to the net/dirty areas to fight for goals.

Really interested to see how he finishes the season, and if the Dogs make the playoffs, and even moreso next year. If he can come in next year and pick up as a top player for the Dogs, he'll definitely be more on my radar. For now I still don't consider him a top prospect but I am limited in my viewings/knowledge of him of course. But clearly raising his stock lately, but is it is a flash in the pan or can he maintain? That is what I'm most interested in, and seeing him in pre-season games next year will be nice too I'm sure he'll get more than 1 game.

How did we acquire Carr?

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Danny Carr

Just how good is this guy? I heard MB speak highly of him. He's 6'0" 195lbs. Not a small player. He's not a speedy player but he's got one hell of a shot. A very Sakic-like wrister. He's 23 with good numbers. Is he NHL ready?

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Carr-Plekanec-Frolik?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly never seen the guy play. Heard a ton of good things about him from Habs fans. Will be interesting to see if he has an NHL career.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Won the leading scoring title For a rookie in the A last year and has size and speed. He should IMO be in consideration to make the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad