Daniel Carcillo (June 3 - Susp. reduced 10 gms to 6 gms)

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
Regardless if Carcillo plays or not, the Rangers should milk him for every bit of information he knows about the Kings because you know Gabby's spilling whatever he knows about how we practice and go about things.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Regardless if Carcillo plays or not, the Rangers should milk him for every bit of information he knows about the Kings because you know Gabby's spilling whatever he knows about how we practice and go about things.

I am so mad at Torts for running Gabby out of town. I would have fired Torts right then and there for refusing to figure out a way to get along with him. He was the sniper we needed for years. Oh, how I hate Torts right now.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I am so mad at Torts for running Gabby out of town. I would have fired Torts right then and there for refusing to figure out a way to get along with him. He was the sniper we needed for years. Oh, how I hate Torts right now.

I don't think Gaborik would have 12 or whatever goals he currently has in the playoffs with us. Having Kopitar as his center makes his life a lot easier.

But yeah, your point still stands, though. Freaking Torts...

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey

We got Moore, Brassard and Dorsett for him. Can't say we didn't get good value back. We needed to clear cap space and Gabby wasn't performing. While you could argue that was Torts' putrid offensive system's fault, we had a $7.5M player who wasn't getting done and a lot of raises due.

LGRDunDunDunDunDa

Mar 17, 2011
We got Moore, Brassard and Dorsett for him. Can't say we didn't get good value back. We needed to clear cap space and Gabby wasn't performing. While you could argue that was Torts' putrid offensive system's fault, we had a $7.5M player who wasn't getting done and a lot of raises due.

+1
we would not be in the Finals without these 3 guys. Great Trade!:yo:

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
+1
we would not be in the Finals without these 3 guys. Great Trade!:yo:

This. As it was said before.. no way Gaborik leads the playoffs in goals with Stepan as his center. Trade saved cap space and gave us a key pivot in Brassard for years to come, if we qualify him (which I believe we will)

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

This is true and don't get me wrong, I love Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett but Gabby has a history of killing us. That was years ago and this is a different team, I know, but the thought of facing him makes me very nervous.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
This is true and don't get me wrong, I love Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett but Gabby has a history of killing us. That was years ago and this is a different team, I know, but the thought of facing him makes me very nervous.

Gabbys a great player. he has a history of beating a lot of teams.

Rangers have some elite players themselves. i find it unlikely that Gabby alone wins them the series. theyve got far too many other weapons to worry about just him.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

What does Gabby know about the team now? He was traded before AV became coach--there have been a lot of changes in the way the Rangers approach games and practices, I'm sure, are different now.

And I'm sure Carcillo is more than willing to tell his teammates as much as he knows.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
What does Gabby know about the team now? He was traded before AV became coach--there have been a lot of changes in the way the Rangers approach games and practices, I'm sure, are different now.

And I'm sure Carcillo is more than willing to tell his teammates as much as he knows.

Yeah, Gabs might have some info on a few core players but it isn't like he can "tell" them how to get around McDonough and it just happens... McDonough is an all-star defenseman... In the same way, Carcillo can't just "tell" the guys how to get around Doughty...

BUT, that does not render these bits of information useless. It works out good that we have Carcillo, and to and extent, Boyle, who have both played on that team in recent years

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Didn't the league once say that one playoff game effectively counts the same as two regular season games?

Anyway, not a pressing issue if Carcillo is gone for the series. The depth and experience, however, would be nice to have in their back pocket.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
the 'infraction' had zero malice. the suspension really must be reduced. this is a fringe nhl'er and they're still holding his feet to the fire? pathetic. carcillo can't afford the stigma. if he sits out the whole finals suspended, it would be terribly unfair and a bit sick. power-hungry attention-***** refs...

MSG*

The suspension was BS. The linesman was overly aggressive with DC. You could say he was "man handled". I hope he is available for this series. He has the tools to play a team like LA and make a difference.

AHB*

What does he know? New system, new coach and an incredibly new roster.

Players that have joined the team since Gabby left.

MSL
Pouliot
Brassard
Dorsett
D. Moore
J. Moore
Klein
Carcillo

To a lesser extent, guys that weren't key components of his team:

Kreider
Zucc
Talbot

Think about when he left, it was a completely different squad. Different makeup, different style.

I hope Gabby spills his "secrets" because LA will be expecting a team that is the complete opposite of what they'll see.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
Gabby has reinvented himself, which is good to see. Torts tried to get him to do it, but he seemed unwilling. Maybe the multiple trades opened his eyes. Or maybe playing with Kopitar was the impetus. Or maybe Sutter opened his eyes. Whatever the case, it's good to see him find other ways to help his team.

That said, I hope he goes back to his floating irrelevant ways against the Rangers! :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

Gabby has reinvented himself, which is good to see. Torts tried to get him to do it, but he seemed unwilling. Maybe the multiple trades opened his eyes. Or maybe playing with Kopitar was the impetus. Or maybe Sutter opened his eyes. Whatever the case, it's good to see him find other ways to help his team.

That said, I hope he goes back to his floating irrelevant ways against the Rangers! :laugh:

Gabby was given free reigns by the Chi defense. He's not getting that same pass against the Rangers.

AHB*

This is the first time in his career Gaborik has had a real #1 Center him.

BarbaraAlphanse

This is the first time in his career Gaborik has had a real #1 Center him.

Honestly, I think that his totals are overblown. I don't think any team prepared for him to be a force and I think that they underrated his ability to score given his production the last two seasons.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
BREAKING NEWS:

“@DarrenDreger: NHL reduces Carcillo suspension from 10 games to 6.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad