Tribute Daniel Alfredsson VS Erik Karlsson

Greatest Sen

• Total voters

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Lol cut me some slack, I wasn't alive until well after he retired. I think my viewings of Bobby Orr are limited to about 5 highlight reels and the iconic photo of him jumping.

let's go with *excluding Bobby Orr, Karlsson was arguably the greatest offensive defenseman of all time.
You must be very young because that’s not correct either

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You must be very young because that’s not correct either
Im 36 going on 37. I saw a lot of Coffey, Lidstrom and Leetch's career, but not so much potvin admittedly.

I said arguably, which means more that he's in the conversation with only a select few, which I think is definitely true if we're talking peak performance more than total careers.

Pretty hard to clearly establish "the best" sort of like the silly Goat debates about MJ, Kobe Lebron, etc.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We needed to see more prime Karlsson in the playoffs. His performance in the 2016-17 playoffs has to be as good as anyone anytime but it was over a small timeframe.
Its too bad he basically ruined his ankle going for it. He had some amazing moments and games while he was here.

Lidstrom and Robinson are missing from the all time D lists. All those D brought a pretty good package and contributed heavily to championships something Karlsson has yet to do.

Karlsson is the most talented player to play for the Ottawa Senators. In that way his is the greatest Sen ever. Alfie is a great guy. By all accounts a great captain and leader. Very good player but not on Karlsson's level.. so I guess we need to have a common definition for greatness.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Karlsson for me. Not just for his generational talent, but also considering the lack of talent he had to play with during his prime here.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He is the greatest sports hero in Ottawa history and there ought to be a statue out front of the rink imo.
Agreed.

Check out the line of work that our teams budget would allow for

44278679_101.jpg

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
It killed me to see Karlsson leave Ottawa the way he did. He is bar none one of the best players I have ever seen. But he is not the glue that Alfie was for this team. Alfredsson made every player who lined with him better. Alfredsson didn't need anybody to make him better. I cannot say the same for Karlsson. Methot made Karlsson a better player. Meth allowed Karlsson to be the rover. Granted, in his prime Karlsson was awesome at both ends of the ice. But Alfredsson was everything for a team that needed an identity.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It killed me to see Karlsson leave Ottawa the way he did. He is bar none one of the best players I have ever seen. But he is not the glue that Alfie was for this team. Alfredsson made every player who lined with him better. Alfredsson didn't need anybody to make him better. I cannot say the same for Karlsson. Methot made Karlsson a better player. Meth allowed Karlsson to be the rover. Granted, in his prime Karlsson was awesome at both ends of the ice. But Alfredsson was everything for a team that needed an identity.

For a player of Karlssons caliber the fact that the best we could do is Kuba and Methot as his partners is sad. Methot didn't make Karlsson better, Karlsson made Methot look like a top pair d. Karlsson was gonna do Karlsson things regardless.

I guess they could have done worse than Meth, but they could have done a lot better too.

Reactions: Sicko

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nobody in Ottawa has ever played hockey like EK, and probably won’t for another 20 years.

but Alfie is love. He’s like a brother. He’s the best.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I can't believe someone actually put this to a vote.

Im sure if I did this on the main board results could be a little different but ya I thought it would be closer, some might be seeing it as a who do you like more poll

Reactions: DJB

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Alfie easily. Unfortunately, as dominate as EK was at his peak, we were robbed of what he was truly capable of, due to injuries. Alfie was the face of the franchise for 20 years, you'd have a hard time finding a player that meant more to one team than Alfie did to the Sens.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Im 36 going on 37. I saw a lot of Coffey, Lidstrom and Leetch's career, but not so much potvin admittedly.

I said arguably, which means more that he's in the conversation with only a select few, which I think is definitely true if we're talking peak performance more than total careers.

Pretty hard to clearly establish "the best" sort of like the silly Goat debates about MJ, Kobe Lebron, etc.

you dont need to give him ur age man, that poster is like 12 years old.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Man did we ever have a nice run with a sick team.

If the money is there again this time around, this squad looks like it can kickstart that kind of legend again.

I think we have the right people in place in the front office, we have the right mix of players to start up the engine.

We just need that sweet sweet lube to keep this bad boy oiled up.

Euge don’t fail me now, ha Ha!

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Alfie is the greatest Senator. EK65 was the most talented Senator ever. Voted for Alfie.

Came to say exactly this. Alfie was the most valuable/most impact for the franchise. Karlsson the most talented we've had.

Reactions: armani

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad