Tribute Daniel Alfredsson VS Erik Karlsson

Greatest Sen

• Total voters

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Who is your pick for number one senator of all time ? Alfie has the longevity Karlsson has the talent

Im gonna go with EK since I can’t remember every other fan base lusting after one of our players as much as Karlsson . But alfie was clearly the most loved player to ever play for this team name was chanted every game closer to his end here .

also if ur coming here to say the greatest sen is someone other than these two your opinion is wrong

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
With all due respect to EK, there is no comparison to Alfie. Alfredsson is one of those guys that transcended from his status as just a hockey player and was seen as the face of the franchise.

He is the greatest sports hero in Ottawa history and there ought to be a statue out front of the rink imo.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Karlsson was clearly the best player ever to play for the Sens.

Two Norris trophies. Should have won at least 1-2 more if it weren't for Pouty Due Doughty, injuries, and the Sens missing the playoffs in 2015/16 (which is ridiculous logic, but whatever).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Two Norris trophies. Should have won at least 1-2 more if it weren't for Pouty Due Doughty, injuries, and the Sens missing the playoffs in 2015/16 (which is ridiculous logic, but whatever).
What a shaft that Norris BS was.

He was arguably the greatest offensive defenseman of all time, let alone our time. Injuries tore him down early, but he was one of a kind.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
If it's best career then guys like Hasek and Hossa are probably 1 and 2.

If it's greatest senators only, it's Alfredsson.

If it's best when in Ottawa its Karlsson.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Peak Karlsson was a generational talent. Too bad injuries have derailed his prime years. He paved ways for the Makars of the world to play that exciting style. I think peak Karlsson beats any defenceman at their peak today wrt to the impact he made to his team's success (and failure). Really unique.

Alfredsson is the epitome of the Senators, unperturbed and was really one of few who were able to fight back in the painful battle of ontario playoff days. He willed the Sens to their first SCF appearance. He was always super consistent and gave the Sens many years of valuable/grade A service as a player/embassador. The team was a contender and consistently made the playoffs.

EK65 leading the less talented squad on one-leg to one goal short of making their 2nd SCF appearance was likely a more impressive feat.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Alfie by a fair bit. Karlsson is a step down mostly due duration and injury. Alfie only had 2 seasons as a minus player including his rookie year.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Alfredsson for me. Longevity. Led the best teams. And while EK is definitely the most talented I think maybe some are selling Alfie short.

He got 100 points one season and was an absolutely puck hound.

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
No Petr Schastlivy? What is this absolute garbage poll?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
If you want me to answer for honest, Alfredsson gets the vote, but, he's forever tainted in my opinion with the scurrying off to Detroit without telling Bryan Murray he was doing it.

He took a big steamy dump on his legacy here, and I can't forget it.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Karlsson for me - that guy personally won me several hockey pools, and I will gladly buy him a beer if I ever run into him. I'll never forget picking him up in a waiver meeting years ago and several guys asking, "Erik who?!" ... "You'll find out," was my reply :)

Reactions: Sicko

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's 4 reasons why that's absurd.
Lol cut me some slack, I wasn't alive until well after he retired. I think my viewings of Bobby Orr are limited to about 5 highlight reels and the iconic photo of him jumping.

let's go with *excluding Bobby Orr, Karlsson was arguably the greatest offensive defenseman of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad