Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2016/2017

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
hmm.. he must have showed more than he did at the WC. He was pretty bad there.

But I guess it's AHL for him in the beginning

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
This is really really cool and suprising...patrick bjorkstrand could do very well on a 4th or 3rd ahl line...he is so defensively aware and he always works hard.

Its very bad for the national team on the other hand.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
This place has been quiet since the olympic let down..

Sadly I said from the beginning, that I believed Freddy would be in trouble in Toronto, and his first game last night gave me no reason to think otherwise. he was severly exposed in a 5-4 OT loss in a game that Toronto actually dominated. Loss was partly on his shoulders.

Boeds played his first ame for San Jose, and didnt do much.

For some reason I think this is going to be a looong year, with no obvious top drafts, no stars in any jr. league over there. And a couple guys etting older. plus our Euro based players havent looked too sharp either with a few exceptions ofc.

Buckleup, its going to be a looong year for DK hockey!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
This place has been quiet since the olympic let down..

Sadly I said from the beginning, that I believed Freddy would be in trouble in Toronto, and his first game last night gave me no reason to think otherwise. he was severly exposed in a 5-4 OT loss in a game that Toronto actually dominated. Loss was partly on his shoulders.

Boeds played his first ame for San Jose, and didnt do much.

For some reason I think this is going to be a looong year, with no obvious top drafts, no stars in any jr. league over there. And a couple guys etting older. plus our Euro based players havent looked too sharp either with a few exceptions ofc.

Buckleup, its going to be a looong year for DK hockey!

Come on, are you ****ing serious???

Freddy has been out with an injury for 4 weeks, have played 1½ preseason game and the opener last night. I think he deserves a little more time to prove his worth?

Bødker is on a new team a need time to find chemistry with his new linemates.

Bjorkstrand and Ehlers will be good this season. Bjorkstrand has been looking really really good on the first line in Columbus. Ehlers is kind of a no brainer if you ask me.

Larsen is the big question mark right now. Will he be sufficient as 3rd pairing with pp time on the 2nd unit? His play kind of shows that he has some problems in defensive zone, but lets see in ten games.

Hansen will do what Hansen does best.....he probably wont hit 20 goals this season, but that is not a criteria for him on the 3rd line.

Fransie will be interesting to watch how he plays in Detroit.

Jensen could be a joker in Rangers if he delivers in AHL.

The three newly drafted players all delivered solid efforts in preseason rookie camps, Russell wsa invited to Flames training camp and Mads Eller in Edmonton...

All in all, I think it looks good.

Lets try to have a little patience for 15-20 games and evaluate there instead of jumping to conclusions with 1 game being played?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Come on, are you ****ing serious???

Freddy has been out with an injury for 4 weeks, have played 1½ preseason game and the opener last night. I think he deserves a little more time to prove his worth?

Bødker is on a new team a need time to find chemistry with his new linemates.

Bjorkstrand and Ehlers will be good this season. Bjorkstrand has been looking really really good on the first line in Columbus. Ehlers is kind of a no brainer if you ask me.

Larsen is the big question mark right now. Will he be sufficient as 3rd pairing with pp time on the 2nd unit? His play kind of shows that he has some problems in defensive zone, but lets see in ten games.

Hansen will do what Hansen does best.....he probably wont hit 20 goals this season, but that is not a criteria for him on the 3rd line.

Fransie will be interesting to watch how he plays in Detroit.

Jensen could be a joker in Rangers if he delivers in AHL.

The three newly drafted players all delivered solid efforts in preseason rookie camps, Russell wsa invited to Flames training camp and Mads Eller in Edmonton...

All in all, I think it looks good.

Lets try to have a little patience for 15-20 games and evaluate there instead of jumping to conclusions with 1 game being played?

Why not take a page out of your own playbook and ignore my posts since they never stop annoying you. why bother? you obviously have misunderstood the intention behind my post and only see an angry oessimistic old fart, so again ehy bother?

I have seen the tendencies for a while, and to me Andersen is way way to inconsistent and Boeds is just not a good player imo.

I was talking pure stats, hence me saying not as fun of a season.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Why not take a page out of your own playbook and ignore my posts since they never stop annoying you. why bother? you obviously have misunderstood the intention behind my post and only see an angry oessimistic old fart, so again ehy bother?

I have seen the tendencies for a while, and to me Andersen is way way to inconsistent and Boeds is just not a good player imo.

I was talking pure stats, hence me saying not as fun of a season.

So because Bødker and Andersen struggles a bit early in the season it is going to be a long season for DK.....and I missed the point. So what is the point?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So because Bødker and Andersen struggles a bit early in the season it is going to be a long season for DK.....and I missed the point. So what is the point?

Why so passive aggressive?

First of all, I see many posters, post stuff that isnt rosyred incl. your own negativeties during the og.
but you never seem to be annoyed by that.

As soon as I write something that is just a little pessimistic, all hell breaks loose.

Second it could be a loong season, could!

Third, it is not just based off those two games, but the og qual, the world cup, age, and the end of last season.
And, imo, boeds has been struggling for some time.

I dont think the danes in Europe are looking strong, and no notables in jr.

Thats why I feel it could be a loong season.

I feel that Andersen is too inconsistent too handle Toronto. I feel Boeds is not a very good player.

I see Nielsen getting older, Hansen getting older.

Jensen im not sure he will se much time in the NHL.

All hopes are on Bjork and Ehlers imo, and nothing is set in stone there!

I was right about the OG qual, even though I based it off a hunch.

ps, as i wrote once before, you can literally choose to ignore my posts in settings.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
havent seen Ehlers as passive as he was last night, before. need to watch out for Laine

good start for Nielsen

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Why so passive aggressive?

First of all, I see many posters, post stuff that isnt rosyred incl. your own negativeties during the og.
but you never seem to be annoyed by that.

As soon as I write something that is just a little pessimistic, all hell breaks loose.

Second it could be a loong season, could!

Third, it is not just based off those two games, but the og qual, the world cup, age, and the end of last season.
And, imo, boeds has been struggling for some time.

I dont think the danes in Europe are looking strong, and no notables in jr.

Thats why I feel it could be a loong season.

I feel that Andersen is too inconsistent too handle Toronto. I feel Boeds is not a very good player.

I see Nielsen getting older, Hansen getting older.

Jensen im not sure he will se much time in the NHL.

All hopes are on Bjork and Ehlers imo, and nothing is set in stone there!

I was right about the OG qual, even though I based it off a hunch.

Nielsen on pace for 164 points.....old huh?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
After one bad game from Ehlers and one good from Laine, Laine takes Ehlers spot on the 1st line and bumps Ehlers to the 3rd. like I said, with Connor and Laine on the team there is much more pressure on Ehlers.

And since Little is out, Ehlers is stuck with Thorbs and Burmi... Yay! Connor is on the 2nd, and Laine gets Wheels and Scheif on the 1st.

also read an article also (cant find it) that said Bjorkstrand looked out of place last game, and was outmuscled constantly.

When players around his draft class all seem to do well, (Larkin, Domi, Pstrnak, Draisaitl, McDavid, Matthews, Nylander, Marner and so forth) His own team starts to notice and want him to also explode. he has the tools and the players around him.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers with a rocket of a goal last night, in a otherwise quiet night (little toi) from him and a bad night from the Jets.

Detroit loss with no Nielsen pts.

Vancouver ot win, no Hansen or Larsen pts.

Good game from Larsen.

Boeds with a goal in a San Jose win. dindt watch, so no idea about his performance.

Columbus lost and Bjork once again looks out of place.

Andersen and the Leafs take home a 4-1 victory over Boston, and Andersen had a big part in that. boy what a game ha had!

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Ehlers is in bad spot btw. Their management loves shiny toy Laine and Ehlers got demoted after one medicore game (hit crossbar). In next game Laine was bad and he was the main result why they lost against Wild. And he still stays in top line.

I kind of hope that Ehlers gets traded. He can't compete fairly against that golden boy Laine. Last year Ehlers needed to work his way up in lineup and now Laine gets free pass to top line after bad preseason.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers with a rocket of a goal last night, in a otherwise quiet night (little toi) from him and a bad night from the Jets.

Detroit loss with no Nielsen pts.

Vancouver ot win, no Hansen or Larsen pts.

Good game from Larsen.

Boeds with a goal in a San Jose win. dindt watch, so no idea about his performance.

Columbus lost and Bjork once again looks out of place.

Andersen and the Leafs take home a 4-1 victory over Boston, and Andersen had a big part in that. boy what a game ha had!

Compared to other years, it has been a somewhat slow start for the Danish players in the NHL.
Yet Nielsen, Bødker and Ehlers has each scored a goal, so they are not totally invisible in the stat department.

That Oliver Bjørkstrand has some problems transitioning to NHL is not that surprising and hopefully he will stay on the team long enough to turn it around.
Philip Larsen starting well is good news as it really seems he has kept improving defensively and is more NHL ready this time around.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Ehlers is in bad spot btw. Their management loves shiny toy Laine and Ehlers got demoted after one medicore game (hit crossbar). In next game Laine was bad and he was the main result why they lost against Wild. And he still stays in top line.

I kind of hope that Ehlers gets traded. He can't compete fairly against that golden boy Laine. Last year Ehlers needed to work his way up in lineup and now Laine gets free pass to top line after bad preseason.

Cause there is no way Laine just is more talented and shows more talent than Ehlers did, right? Ehlers scored his goal on the 2nd line anyway, so maybe the coach just saw some chemistry between those guys?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Compared to other years, it has been a somewhat slow start for the Danish players in the NHL.
Yet Nielsen, Bødker and Ehlers has each scored a goal, so there are not totally invisible in the stat department.

That Oliver Bjørkstrand has some problems transitioning to NHL is not that surprising and hopefully he will stay on the team long enough to turn it around.
That Philip Larsen started well is good news as it seems he really has kept improving defensively.

I cant help but feel this season will be a bit meh, but I could be very wrong.

Bjorkstrand, will IMO, go back to the AHL withing a few games. Has not looked very good. and has looked outmatched, heavily.

Phil, has been better defensively than I ever thought, soo theres that :)

Ehlers is in a bad situation with Laine being the new shiny toy, and at the same time a major talent. So it wont take alot for him to get demoted and Laine promoted.
They used a 2nd overall on him, it goes without saying.

I have my doubts about Ehlers though, I have watched him play ALOT and its like something is missing for it all to click. Like just one small thing I cant put my finger on.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I have my doubts about Ehlers though, I have watched him play ALOT and its like something is missing for it all to click. Like just one small thing I cant put my finger on.

So is it perhaps that he is still "trying to much" instead of keeping it simple, where he can use his speed and quick release to more effect?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So is it perhaps that he is still "trying to much" instead of keeping it simple, where he can use his speed and quick release to more effect?

Yes, I think he needs to simplify his game a little. Might help.

Also he seems like he is not the luckiest player on earth.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Cause there is no way Laine just is more talented and shows more talent than Ehlers did, right? Ehlers scored his goal on the 2nd line anyway, so maybe the coach just saw some chemistry between those guys?

Right now Ehlers is much better. Laine can't make anything happen, expect in pp. Laine is great talent, but he did nothing to deserve spot in first line. It must be very demoralizing for Ehlers and Co see that happen. If I was in Ehlers position I would be pretty mad, and if things don't change in future I would demand a trade.

Laine is 2nd overall, but he they should put him in same line with others. Now he got free pass to 1st line. And I bet it's not best for Laine's development to get free gifts like that.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Right now Ehlers is much better. Laine can't make anything happen, expect in pp. Laine is great talent, but he did nothing to deserve spot in first line. It must be very demoralizing for Ehlers and Co see that happen. If I was in Ehlers position I would be pretty mad, and if things don't change in future I would demand a trade.

Laine is 2nd overall, but he they should put him in same line with others. Now he got free pass to 1st line. And I bet it's not best for Laine's development to get free gifts like that.

Guess it was pure luck Laine got a hattrick yesterday

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ok so, a few games in and dare I say I am rather dissapointed, if this goes on, it will indeed be a long season.

Mikkel Boedker - Degraded to 3rd line, not a lot of TOI and not a lot of pts to follow. Will have a huge dip in pts this season, while still being a defensive liability. - Not really that pumped by him in San Jose.

Jannik Hansen - Will dip in pts, but is still a solid all rounder.

Philip Larsen - Has been OK, not good but OK. had his 1st 2 pts last night.

Lars Eller - On the 3rd line and got his 1st goal last night. Will not be a pts machine and we will see that Lars just isnt better, even if he has better linemates and is on a better team. It's ok, he is still a good player, he just wont ever score alot of pts.

Frans Nielsen - No pts last night, but a solid two way outing, might score more pts, is he ups his game. He is on the 1st line, 1st pp, and PK, so he should have more pts than he does so far.

Oliver Bjorkstrand - Sent back to the A, just NOT ready for the NHL AT ALL. Super underwhelming, like almost dissapointing. has had good linemates who have all produced, just not Ollie, dispite PP time.

Frederik Andersen - 3 of his 4 games has let in 5 goals with a below .90% svs%. His D, is not that bad, but he has been bad and let in waaaaay too many goals he shouldnt - one good game from him. Like I said, Toronto will throw him under the bus, already ready with the lynch forks in TO. They blamed him for ruining Matthews 4 goal night, for loosing the 4 goal lead against the Jets, and last night again a bad performance from him.

Nikolaj Ehlers - Only hope for me this season, but he needs to play with better players. His linemates are just not fast nor good enough.

our Euro based players have again also underwhelmed IMO.

Jensen scored in the A last night, and big brother bjrokstrand scored 2 in his first AHL game!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad