Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2016/2017

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Agreed he is doing good in the NHl, but to start the year he was bad in the AHL.

Either he is a slow starter, or he is the type pf player that thrives with talent and in intense atmospheres, PO, NHL over AHL. etc.

anyhow, I still think he can outdo Ehlers, his shot is Deadly, almost Ovechkin lite like.:handclap:

Season has become better as it has progressed. Still unsurr about Andy tho, and That 10-11 game no pts (bar 1-2 secondary a's) streak Ehlers had was scary. Looks like he is turning it. lets just hope he hits the 60pt mark and 25 goals. then ill be a happy camper :handclap:

Admitted I was to trigger fast with Eller, he has been boss on that 3rd line, and is potting them.

Hansen in Sj is a bummer :shakehead not for u guys tho.. :cry: But he deserves it.

still not a fan of Boeds, who I will say is still not doing what he should.

Franzie, havent watched him since Christmas, so cannot comment.

i think his end to the ahl season more than secures it as a successful season...showing up when it matters.
i have no idea how it will all go but has so much talent...his shot is deadly but dont know if its better than ehlers...ehlers just doesnt shoot as much as he should..

but oliver b has really taken steps this year...his goal vs the devils looked so easy that i almost feared retaliation.

im optimistic with freddy...he is carrying a huge load with a defence that isnt performing..have seen him is less good games but maybe i just catch his better ones...the usuakly very critical leafs board seems more positive than not. he has a lot of experience considering the length of his career and i think he is getting better.

ehlers will have slumps..1. he is young, 2. he plays so fast...if he isnt 100%, it just goes wrong...but we also have too high expectations..he has 54 points in 32 gsmes in his 2nd season...he is doing just fine.

Eller is playing the role he should and has surpassed my low expectations.

boedker i dont care about. he is not good enough/or doesnt consistenly care enough to play a top line in the nhl..and he is not suited for other things.(even if he has scored on 3rd and 4th line this year.)

I like hansen so hope he turns it around and becomes a huge success in sj

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Oliver Bjørkstrand is really a "sniper"-player with very good potential. It does look from his more average AHL scoring, that he needs good skill around him to really shine.
To be a sniper career wise you have to keep confident and keep shooting, even when you have goal draughts.
It will be interesting if Bjørkstand can keep it up when he hits a draught?

When Ehlers started his first matches in the NHL he shot a lot, but when the goals didn't come he shooting decreased. Ehlers has many other quality he can bring to his line (speed!), whereas Bjørkstrand is less (currently) useful if he doesn't produce.

Same problem with Bødker. He simply doesn't produce enough currently, whereas Eller and Hansen have other rolls important for their teams.

Frederik Andersen is interesting. He seems very cool-headed, but he does have big ups-and-downs in performances. It can't all be explained with fatigue or injury when it less good. Is it pressure when perhaps over-compensating (thinking to much about it) if a game has gone bad and then ending in a bad streak.
Maybe more and more stability will come with age?
The secret of great goalies is maybe primarily to be able to shrug off a bad game quickly.

When he is on he is really on. When not he is way more average NHL-goalie.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Frederik Andersen is interesting. He seems very cool-headed, but he does have big ups-and-downs in performances.

Breaks in schedule hurt him badly. He seems to me that kind of goalie who needs to play or at least practice every day to keep his rhythm.

Also part of his "insconsistency" comes from the team. Leafs D are bottom three in the league and they also have their ups and downs too. But because it's always easier to blame goalie for losses media and fans almost always go that route.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Ehlers with record for most goals in a season for a dane....not really so suprising..by far the most talented player we ever produced.

Hansen seems to be settling in good in san jose...5 points in 10 and a gordie lowe hatty yesterday.

Freddy was injured but is back playing again.

WC Watch: Ehlers and Nielsen could be going.
Hansen and Boedker, Andersen, Bjorkstrand and Jensen might be tied up.

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Ehlers with record for most goals in a season for a dane....not really so suprising..by far the most talented player we ever produced.

Hansen seems to be settling in good in san jose...5 points in 10 and a gordie lowe hatty yesterday.

Bjork has been out since he got knocked out against...Leafs was it? I assume he has somesort of concussion.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010

Ehlers has the most points, but he still needs a few goals to beat Frans' 25 goal season.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Nicklas Jensen had pretty good year. 32 goals in AHL, 2nd in league. Definitely a step in to right direction.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Nicklas Jensen had pretty good year. 32 goals in AHL, 2nd in league. Definitely a step in to right direction.

Showed me this a few years ago, and i would have thought you were high.

Really nice to see him fulfill his talent..realky hopes he ends at jokerit

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
What expectations do you have from the Danes this season? I'm really hoping Bjorkstrand has a breakthough season!

Not very high tbh.

Obviously expect Ehlers to build on his super season.
And Ollie to become a mainstay NHL'er.

More than that, and im afraid I will be dissapointed.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not very high tbh.

Obviously expect Ehlers to build on his super season.
And Ollie to become a mainstay NHL'er.

More than that, and im afraid I will be dissapointed.

I agree with the hopes of these two.
I hope Frederik Andersen keeps his position in Toronto.
I also hope Frans Nielsen will bounce somewhat back and that Jannik Hansen can have a season with less injuries.
Eller is a solid 3rd line center and I don't really expect more.

It is Mikkel Bødker that is cruising close to an NHL exit if he doesn't produce more.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Vezina for Freddy and Art Ross for Ehlers sounds plausible =)

Well Boedker needs to play better and Hansen needs to stay healthy.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Bødker has 3 years left of his contract. I doubt he is exiting NHL any time soon. He might get traded if anyone wants him.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Pretty good start I would say. Ehlers is stud like usual and even Boedker has find a bit of his game. Freddy is in tough spot, because Leafs D is even worse what it was last year. If they outproduce their opponents I guess it's fine, but if they start to lose stupid mainstream media will pick on Freddy and fast.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Tough start for the leafs...Andersen was hung out to dry by his defence but maybe could have had a few of the goals.

Really amazing performance by both the sharks and the blue jacketa but no danish points

Ehlers with an assist against the wild..

So good danish start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->