Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
It could also be the final conclusion that Bødker is no more than just a third liner. Where has he been the last 15 games?

That's possible, but even in this situation he's a regular on the PP. He will definitely get a chance with another team before it's time to give up on him as a top six.

Rumour has both Eller and Hansen as potential deadline deals. We could end up with 4 Danes traded this season (including Nicklas Jensen).. Interesting development in terms of the prospect of having a Danish player winning the cup, but it could be bad for our World Championship team. Have your pick at what is more important to you. :)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
That's possible, but even in this situation he's a regular on the PP. He will definitely get a chance with another team before it's time to give up on him as a top six.

Rumour has both Eller and Hansen as potential deadline deals. We could end up with 4 Danes traded this season (including Nicklas Jensen).. Interesting development in terms of the prospect of having a Danish player winning the cup, but it could be bad for our World Championship team. Have your pick at what is more important to you. :)

I would be more worried if Eller was not on the block. I think Hansen will stay in Vancouver. Nobody is going to pay what Canucks want for him. Bødker will be traded to Blackhawks and that is going to be the only trade involving a Dane.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
And we have the second Danish player to be traded this season:

Rights to Philip Larsen traded from Edmonton to Vancouver for a conditional 2017 pick. Interesting... Teams wouldn't normally do something like this if they aren't very serious about bringing the player back to the NHL. They will probably have spoken to the player as well, so they know the player is interested in signing.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
If you havent watched Ehlers' second assist from last night I suggest you take the time and do it. It was a beauty.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Will be interesting to see if Bødker is traded for the price that Coyotes demands. He has scored one goal in the last 26 matches....which contender wants to pick up a guy that cant score and has a +/- at -27??

I really dont get Bødker. Maybe he should just join the rest of the Danish leftovers in KHL.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Will be interesting to see if Bødker is traded for the price that Coyotes demands. He has scored one goal in the last 26 matches....which contender wants to pick up a guy that cant score and has a +/- at -27??

I really dont get Bødker. Maybe he should just join the rest of the Danish leftovers in KHL.

It seems that he turned down a 5,5 million dollar 5 year contract from Arizona.
That can only mean two things:
1) He (and his agent) totally missed the train, when they had the chance. Total overvaluing his actual worth. No way he will get that kind of money with his current form.
His poor play lately can very well be the result of this uncertainty over his future.

2) He turned it down, so he would get away from Arizona and that the paycheck is less of an issue.

In this case option 1 do seem the most likely.....

So what will Arizona demand for him - and what will people like to pay for him?
The idea of a Tampa trade with Bødker for Drouin seems interesting.
Source: http://www.fiveforhowling.com/2016/...rizona-coyotes-mikkel-boedker-jonathan-drouin
Instead of wasting Drouin in AHL and having him complaining you get rid of him and get a winger you can use in the playoffs. Tampa simply doesn't have room for him currrently.
Arizona gets a super-prospect (though regarded as problematic) to build around for the future with Domi and Duclair.
Tampa probably wants more than just Bødker so they might end up agreeing at Bødker + some draft pick ??

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Boedker has lost me, I dont think I can defend him anymore.. he is a poor player in some regards, and his point totals are not good enough with his toi and pp time.

being outscored by almost 2 rookies, and him thinking he is some kind pf star player.
he has lost his Danishness..

he will end up a 3rd liner on some team wanting to use a pick on him.
He will ferch a 2nd rounder, I wouldnt use a 1st rounder on him.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
I am not quite sure what to make of boedker either. admitted I am a little bit more positive in thinking he can turn it around.
Last season before his spleen injury his shooting % was a career high 17% after working on his shot in the off-season.
This year, it is down to only 9% and if you deduct the 2 games against Ottawa where he had hat tricks it is down to 5,4%. Basicly if he had scored goals at his normal pace for the rest of the year he would have had around 7 more goals this year.

Working on his shot again in the next off-season ( and not so much simply working on getting back in shape) should help, and getting a higher shooting % again should do wonders at least for his numbers. And hopefully also for the rest of his play

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
This is just Boedker's basic slump which happens every season. Bad timing for sure, but I'm wouldn't be suprissed if he score 13-15 points next month.

He's done with Arizona it was clear before season started. They didn't commit to him after three 50 point pace season so what difference forth would have made? And even before that they didn't commit to him when he was pretty cheap. Ofc Arizona fans are pissed, but this was bad asset management by their GM.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I am not quite sure what to make of boedker either. admitted I am a little bit more positive in thinking he can turn it around.
Last season before his spleen injury his shooting % was a career high 17% after working on his shot in the off-season.
This year, it is down to only 9% and if you deduct the 2 games against Ottawa where he had hat tricks it is down to 5,4%. Basicly if he had scored goals at his normal pace for the rest of the year he would have had around 7 more goals this year.

Working on his shot again in the next off-season ( and not so much simply working on getting back in shape) should help, and getting a higher shooting % again should do wonders at least for his numbers. And hopefully also for the rest of his play

Thanks for these stat-info and welcome to these boards by the way!
A reason for the large decrease in his shot-% could be because of his spleen injury (perhaps subconsciously) that makes him take shots from distances further away than he did before?
A factor of getting back into shape will probably have decreased his shot practice as well....

This is just Boedker's basic slump which happens every season. Bad timing for sure, but I'm wouldn't be surprised if he score 13-15 points next month.

He's done with Arizona it was clear before season started. They didn't commit to him after three 50 point pace season so what difference forth would have made? And even before that they didn't commit to him when he was pretty cheap. Ofc Arizona fans are pissed, but this was bad asset management by their GM.

Could be just a slump, but when he is in a trading position it will put more pressure on the psyché and so prolong the slump.
I think it more likely he will start to bounce back after he is traded.
I disagree that Arizona has not committed?? What makes you think that??
He has gotten insane amount of PP time, though with little production to show for it. Arizona wanted to sign him for a quite high value for 5 years.
It's more that Arizona has been very committed, but Bødker (or his agent) apparently thought he was worth even more (or wasn't willing for any kind of money to stay in Arizona); but Arizona didn't bite.

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
He has gotten insane amount of PP time, though with little production to show for it. Arizona wanted to sign him for a quite high value for 5 years.
It's more that Arizona has been very committed, but Bødker (or his agent) apparently thought he was worth even more (or wasn't willing for any kind of money to stay in Arizona); but Arizona didn't bite.

Bødler is actually the forward in the league with the most PP time! Although I think he's not being used in the best way as he is almost exclusively used on the blue line. I refuse to believe he would turn down a $5.5 mill. offer because the amount is too low. He must be looking for a change of scenery...

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Boedker has lost me, I dont think I can defend him anymore.. he is a poor player in some regards, and his point totals are not good enough with his toi and pp time.

being outscored by almost 2 rookies, and him thinking he is some kind pf star player.
he has lost his Danishness..

he will end up a 3rd liner on some team wanting to use a pick on him.
He will fetch a 2nd rounder, I wouldn't use a 1st rounder on him.

A contender team that wants to max the roster for the playoffs, they might give away 1st rounder, so it most likely will be a late 1st rounder. Most teams would only go for 2nd rounder + something for him I think.
Bødker still is top 100 in point in NHL, so I think he is a second line winger.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
A contender team that wants to max the roster for the playoffs, they might give away 1st rounder, so it most likely will be a late 1st rounder. Most teams would only go for 2nd rounder + something for him I think.
Bødker still is top 100 in point in NHL, so I think he is a second line winger.

well first of all, we all know points are not the be all say all, and Boedkers +- is atrocious.
so are his point totals with his toi and pp in mind.

have you guys watched him? his 2 way isnt even what it was, he is not very good in his own end, and he floats alot.

I think we are making too many excuses for him, a player with h supposed caliber, needs to up his consistency.

I wouldnt use a 1 st rounder on him, but peace be with the team that does.

hopefully he just needs a change of scenery.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mikkel Bødker traded to Colorado for Alex Tanguay, Conner Bleackley (2014, late 1st round draft) and Kyle Wood (2014 3rd round draft)!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So he did pull a late first round pick (Bleackley - who according to gossip wanted to be traded) along with Tanguay (possibly over the hill as his current season is bad, but his production last year was pretty good) and a 3rd round D-man (and most d-men are so hard to predict, so mostly always a gamble).
Arizona got good value in this trade (they need a veteran for the youngsters next season and two prospects that could pan out) and Colorado got some players off their hands who apparently didn't fit their roster plans. Seems pretty balanced.....

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So he did pull a late first round pick (Bleackley - who according to gossip wanted to be traded) along with Tanguay (possibly over the hill as his current season is bad, but his production last year was pretty good) and a 3rd round D-man (and most d-men are so hard to predict, so mostly always a gamble).
Arizona got good value in this trade (they need a veteran for the youngsters next season and two prospects that could pan out) and Colorado got some players off their hands who apparently didn't fit their roster plans. Seems pretty balanced.....

dont be fooled, that trade is a Colorado win imo. It's equivilant to 2 2nd rounders and a hasbeen.
Both prospects are unsigned, and Bleackley has been on a downward spiral for a year or more. he wanted to be traded because the avs had soured on him, and he was stripped of captaincy in red deer.

Besides, players like this are worth less than picks... so not really pulling a 1st, this shows nobody wanted to pay big for Boeds.

Wood is the only good piece if he signs..

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
dont be fooled, that trade is a Colorado win imo. It's equivilant to 2 2nd rounders and a hasbeen.
Both prospects are unsigned, and Bleackley has been on a downward spiral for a year or more. he wanted to be traded because the avs had soured on him, and he was stripped of captaincy in red deer.

Besides, players like this are worth less than picks... so not really pulling a 1st, this shows nobody wanted to pay big for Boeds.

Wood is the only good piece if he signs..

What I read is that Bleckley had been injured. That sets a prospect behind the curve.
Being unhappy, stripped of being Captain, does make most people play worse.
He could bounce back, but apparently Arizona have an option of a 2nd rounder in 2017 instead?!
[Bleckley is still a first round pick......so someone had spotted talent at one point -> so unless he has permanent injury problems, it could resurface with some confidence!]

Tanguay as a has been (bad season so far, but great last season with 22G - not impossible he could still have a few good years?).
Off course most trades are some kind of gamble.
If Arizona fans think they got cheated and Colorado fans think they got cheated it looks from a neutral point of view as a fair trade and somewhat risky for both (for instance for Colorado if Bødker doesn't resign).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
What I read is that Bleckley had been injured. That sets a prospect behind the curve.
Being unhappy, stripped of being Captain, does make most people play worse.
He could bounce back, but apparently Arizona have an option of a 2nd rounder in 2017 instead?!
[Bleckley is still a first round pick......so someone had spotted talent at one point -> so unless he has permanent injury problems, it could resurface with some confidence!]

Tanguay as a has been (bad season so far, but great last season with 22G - not impossible he could still have a few good years?).
Off course most trades are some kind of gamble.
If Arizona fans think they got cheated and Colorado fans think they got cheated it looks from a neutral point of view as a fair trade and somewhat risky for both (for instance for Colorado if Bødker doesn't resign).

2016 early 2nd.

and as you say, depends if Boedker resigns in Colorado!

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Oh god....Colorado? well, at least he wont be over coached. (I am not a believer in Patrick Roy)

Colorado has tons and tons of talent but doesnt seem to really ever work...Hopefully that will change.

WC is coming closer and the playoff watch has begun..

As it stands now, we might be able to get Ehlers, Eller, Hansen and Bjorkstrand.
Hansen might still be traded and vancouver could still make the playoff but i doubt they will. Canadiens are also still in the picture.

but colorado could still end up not making the playoffs and we will have bødker anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad