Denmark: Danes in NHL 2015-16

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Oh god....Colorado? well, at least he wont be over coached. (I am not a believer in Patrick Roy)

Colorado has tons and tons of talent but doesnt seem to really ever work...Hopefully that will change.

WC is coming closer and the playoff watch has begun..

As it stands now, we might be able to get Ehlers, Eller, Hansen and Bjorkstrand.
Hansen might still be traded and vancouver could still make the playoff but i doubt they will. Canadiens are also still in the picture.

but colorado could still end up not making the playoffs and we will have bødker anyway.

erhm...trade deadline means that after this date you will no longer be able to trade, so if Hansen was not dealt before 2100 monday night he will not be, at least until the season is over. First round of the playoffs will also be over before WC starts, so why limit the chances of getting all our players with us? The only one I see going far is Andersen. Nielsen could, but that depends whether they meet up against Caps or Rags in the first round. It is actually quite tight at the moment in the metropolitan division, so Islanders might not qualify for the po's at all.

Not sure what to think about Bødker in Colorado. Hopefully a change of air will do him some good.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Well I want to see what Boedker can do when he have first time in his career legit #1 center and good linemates overall. Difference between Vermette & Martinook vs MacKinnon & Landeskog is huge. And Roy's offensive style of hockey might suit him better than Tippett's boring style.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
erhm...trade deadline means that after this date you will no longer be able to trade, so if Hansen was not dealt before 2100 monday night he will not be, at least until the season is over. First round of the playoffs will also be over before WC starts, so why limit the chances of getting all our players with us? The only one I see going far is Andersen. Nielsen could, but that depends whether they meet up against Caps or Rags in the first round. It is actually quite tight at the moment in the metropolitan division, so Islanders might not qualify for the po's at all.

Not sure what to think about Bødker in Colorado. Hopefully a change of air will do him some good.

My brain somehow thought there were a few days to the trade deadline...

The reason I didnt include the others was because there is no reason to sell the skin before you skin the bear. We never know who will go though...But it looks like there a chance for a very strong roster at the moment.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
My brain somehow thought there were a few days to the trade deadline...

The reason I didnt include the others was because there is no reason to sell the skin before you skin the bear. We never know who will go though...But it looks like there a chance for a very strong roster at the moment.

Indeed, question remains how many are burned out and wants to play WC. We are priveleged that most of them accepts their participation within a second, but I cant help think that f.eks. Nielsen is now 31 and it must be really hard for the body to keep in shape for so long time in a year without relaxation.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Indeed, question remains how many are burned out and wants to play WC. We are priveleged that most of them accepts their participation within a second, but I cant help think that f.eks. Nielsen is now 31 and it must be really hard for the body to keep in shape for so long time in a year without relaxation.

yes, that will always be a risk..I would say that while your argument makes perfect sense, I would be very confident that Nielsen would say yes if he was available and is allowed to go. He was very disappointed the last time he wasnt allowed to go.
But Islanders could go far into the playoffs...proven doubters wrong all season.

But i think its likely that somebody says no.....But we can always hope for a really strong team...

Would love to see Ehlers in a Denmark shirt again.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
No Danish points last night, but Frederik Andersen had yet another great game.
Anaheim won 3-2 over Los Angeles and have made a spectacular comeback from their woeful start of the season and they now leads the Pacific division.
Andersen made 32 saves out of 34 shots for 94,1%.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Good game for Frans Nielsen with 1G (EN) 1A in Islanders 6-4*win over Rangers.
So it looks more and more like a playoff spot for Islanders, so no Frans Nielsen for the WC.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Good game for Frans Nielsen with 1G (EN) 1A in Islanders 6-4*win over Rangers.
So it looks more and more like a playoff spot for Islanders, so no Frans Nielsen for the WC.

First round exits should have enough time to join the World Championships team. Of course the likelihood is much lower, but it shouldn't be ruled out if his team is bounced in four or five games.

I tried to navigate the schedule on nhl.com, and I think the regular season ends on April 10. The World Champs only starts on May 6, so any player whose team is knocked out of the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs should have enough time to join the World Champs. Even a quick second round exit could join in time to be an impact player. This is of course not taking fatigue and potential injuries into account.

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Two goal game for Bødker. :handclap: And a goal for the forgotten Norwegian Martinsen as well. :) Still very early, but it looks to me like Colorado could be a better fit for Bødker's game than Arizona.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
Still very early, but it looks to me like Colorado could be a better fit for Bødker's game than Arizona.
It's an instant improvement.
IMHO he would fit even better with the Duchene/Iginla line, and I suspect we'll see that combo soon.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Now 11 players with NHL experience. Seriously guys, who expected this nine years ago when Franzie made his debut and became the first one? And they are all still active some in their prime some about to be, none over the hill.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Now 11 players with NHL experience. Seriously guys, who expected this nine years ago when Franzie made his debut and became the first one? And they are all still active some in their prime some about to be, none over the hill.

its epic :yo::handclap::popcorn:

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
In his 2nd game Oliver Bjørkstrand scored 2 goals on 6 shots. I hope he can manage to stay up and gain some NHL experience in the rest of the season.

And if the Nicklas Jensen hattrick is a sign of better play / more confidence the top 3 of our right wingers looks so much better :)

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
In his 2nd game Oliver Bjørkstrand scored 2 goals on 6 shots. I hope he can manage to stay up and gain some NHL experience in the rest of the season.

And if the Nicklas Jensen hattrick is a sign of better play / more confidence the top 3 of our right wingers looks so much better :)

He will probably be sent back when the AHL playoffs begins in a few weeks.

For what I know Jensens contract expires this year and I am having a hard time seeing Rags extending with him.

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark

For what I know Jensens contract expires this year and I am having a hard time seeing Rags extending with him.

Jensen will be playing in Europe next year. That's almost confirmed from an insider.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016

He would have plenty of time to get back to the AHL, Lake Erie have 4 games after Columbus have their last one. But there is indeed several things to consider and Olivers play is just one of them. I just hope that he get as many games this season as possible, so he will have less need for adjustment in the years to come.

As for Jensen, Europe would seem like a good option. Not to mention that it would be an advantage for the NT compared with the AHL. Nevertheless I hope that he can have a nice end of his stay in the AHL. He is one of the players that I am most curious about, hoping he will get closer to what I hoped he would be when he was drafted.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Why not? He's doing fine in AHL and Rags have the worst prospect pool in NHL.

For an NHL prospect he's not doing fine. He's 23 and just this year he might finally break 0,5 PPG in the AHL. For a player who has no big qualities apart from his offensive game, that is not fine for an NHL prospect at his age. Had he been three years younger it would be fine but it's not now. Never say never, but I have a very hard time seeing him getting another NHL game.

danish kingsfan

Dec 16, 2015
Denmark
With another two points for Nicklas Jensen last night, it looks like he's playing for he's live, he has now posted 4g and 3a in his last 3 games, let's see if he can keep it going and perhaps get another and maybe final shot at the nhl, if not okay, not all of our players can play nhl hockey, and if he could become a star in khl or shl that would be priceless for our national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad