Dan Marrazza, Golden Knights twitter director, is no longer with the organization

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Again show me an example of a guy losing his credentials for clapping once in the press box but we both know there is zero chance a guy is losing his credentials based on a one time clapping incident in a press box.

They had to apologize because the world is turning into a PC POS place where it is better for companies to just placate whiners rather than do the right thing.

They didn't have to issue an apology because of what the twitter guy did they had to issue an apology because of the whining and crying of the media guys.

Here's an example of a journalist being fired for clapping.

NASCAR Reporter Fired For Clapping At The Daytona 500

Here's a brief article reacting to that firing.

No Cheering In The Press Box – Ever

When you do just a little bit of research on the topic it becomes obvious that it is considered a fireable offense. Whether thats right or wrong is another topic all together.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Here's an example of a journalist being fired for clapping.

NASCAR Reporter Fired For Clapping At The Daytona 500

Here's a brief article reacting to that firing.

No Cheering In The Press Box – Ever

When you do just a little bit of research on the topic it becomes obvious that it is considered a fireable offense. Whether thats right or wrong is another topic all together.

Seems unlikely that he was fired for clapping and even the article touches on his reaction, which was 100% justified, to his clapping.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Seems unlikely that he was fired for clapping and even the article touches on his reaction, which was 100% justified, to his clapping.

Yeah the article mentions it sealed his fate, his in if he didn’t take that approach perhaps he keeps his job. Read any article on the topic though and they will tell you all the same thing.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah the article mentions it sealed his fate, his in if he didn’t take that approach perhaps he keeps his job. Read any article on the topic though and they will tell you all the same thing.

I am not debating whether or not cheering is allowed in the press box.

It is more the idea that this tweet could have cost these guys their jobs which is ridiculous because a. I doubt anyone is fired for clapping in a press box once and b. I doubt anyone is fired based on the sole report of a twitter account which is known to be primarily of a humorous nature.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I am not debating whether or not cheering is allowed in the press box.

It is more the idea that this tweet could have cost these guys their jobs which is ridiculous because a. I doubt anyone is fired for clapping in a press box once and b. I doubt anyone is fired based on the sole report of a twitter account which is known to be primarily of a humorous nature.

I know and it’s mentioned in several articles that it could result in the loss of jobs by journalists them selves. Do some research on it, it’s pretty easy to see why the PHWA would be upset by it. This isn’t even a new trend or just North American.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know and it’s mentioned in several articles that it could result in the loss of jobs by journalists them selves. Do some research on it, it’s pretty easy to see why the PHWA would be upset by it.

I have done research and it's pretty easy to see it was a humorous tweet that could be dealt much better from the writers and the PHWA, but then they wouldn't all sanctimonious and tell us how sacred their jobs are.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I have done research and it's pretty easy to see it was a humorous tweet that could be dealt much better from the writers and the PHWA, but then they wouldn't all sanctimonious and tell us how sacred their jobs are.

Okay dude. I’m sure you would be ecstatic if someone accused you of doing something prohibited that’s associated with your job. I’m sure no harm was meant but that’s not the point and it’s not the only instance of the Vegas Twitter crossing the line.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Okay dude. I’m sure you would be ecstatic if someone accused you of doing something prohibited that’s associated with your job. I’m sure no harm was meant but that’s not the point and it’s not the only instance of the Vegas Twitter crossing the line.

This is the equivalent of the office clown joking about me taking home a pen from the office.

Sure technically I could get fired for stealing but since my boss isn't an idiot he is likely going to ignore the ribbing seeing the source and context and then ignore it further because it is a ridiculously small offense that has zero bearing on my ability to do my job.

And personally if I am such a soft, loser that it does affect me at worst I am going to talk to my boss in private about my concerns with said employee's comments. There is no case no matter how much of a whiney, bitch I am feeling like that I am going to have a whine fest in public about how that accusation questions my professionalism and that there is no place in the office place for people to take home a work pen.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the equivalent of the office clown joking about me taking home a pen from the office.

Sure technically I could get fired for stealing but since my boss isn't an idiot he is likely going to ignore the ribbing seeing the source and context and then ignore it further because it is a ridiculously small offense that has zero bearing on my ability to do my job.

And personally if I am such a soft, loser that it does affect me at worst I am going to talk to my boss in private about my concerns with said employee's comments. There is no case no matter how much of a whiney, ***** I am feeling like that I am going to have a whine fest in public about how that accusation questions my professionalism and that there is no place in the office place for people to take home a work pen.

Unless your job is to prevent people from stealing pens I don’t think that analogy applies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why?

Their job isn't to stop people from cheering.

No but it is to present information objectively, it’s kind of a serious issue among sports journalists. Comparing it to a stealing a pen gives some valuable insight into your thoughts on the topic.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No but it is to present information objectively, it’s kind of a serious issue among sports journalists. Comparing it to a stealing a pen gives some valuable insight into your thoughts on the topic.

Stealing is a serious issue where I work as well.

But like clapping once in a press box, stealing a pen is a very minor, minor act.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

But like clapping once in a press box, stealing a pen is a very minor, minor act.

Stealing is of course a very serious issue everywhere but then again I’ve never heard of a taking a pen home being referred to as prohibited or really ever a hot topic in any field of work.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I know and it’s mentioned in several articles that it could result in the loss of jobs by journalists them selves. Do some research on it, it’s pretty easy to see why the PHWA would be upset by it. This isn’t even a new trend or just North American.

Are we talking about the same PHWA which, without fail, has embarrassing homer votes for the NHL Awards every year

Yes, we must preserve the sanctity of the PHWA, the most honorable group in the land! Pure objectivity with that group

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Are we talking about the same PHWA which, without fail, has embarrassing homer votes for the NHL Awards every year

Yes, we must preserve the sanctity of the PHWA, the most honorable group in the land! Pure objectivity with that group

Yes that PHWA, the group that recently voted 81% in favour of transparency on ballots. Of course objectivity will always be an issue, humans will have always have their bias but it's an issue that they do take seriously which is the whole point of the reaction to the accusations of cheering.

Tunapants

May 24, 2012
PHX, AZ

You spend several pages saying you want to see proof that it can cost someone their job, and when that exact thing is linked you continue going on. Would anyone lose their job from it, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean it's okay to (potentially) lie about someone and how professional they are.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You spend several pages saying you want to see proof that it can cost someone their job, and when that exact thing is linked you continue going on. Would anyone lose their job from it, I doubt it. But that doesn't mean it's okay to (potentially) lie about someone and how professional they are.

Except it wasn't the exact thing as there were other aspects involved in the the firing.

Tunapants

May 24, 2012
PHX, AZ
Except it wasn't the exact thing as there were other aspects involved in the the firing.
It's very obvious that it's a serious thing, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Edit - We don't even know if he was fired or if he was, it was for the Nashville incident, still doesn't mean it was okay for him to do.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's very obvious that it's a serious thing, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Edit - We don't even know if he was fired or if he was, it was for the Nashville incident, still doesn't mean it was okay for him to do.

Serious is likely a strong word to describe it. If you are a solid writer, don't act like a huge d-bag and have no history of doing it you likely get a little talking to by a vet telling you not to do it again.

I think the only chance you get fired for clapping one time if it is over the top obnoxious and you have other issues that led to the paper leaning towards firing you anyways.

Also my biggest issue here isn't even that they took issue. If they would have quietly gone to the twitter guy or even the Golden Knights management and talked to them I would have had a ton more respect and likely not even said much. If they responded with a light hearted tweet that refuted what they did but kept in mind it was coming from a humor based twitter account I would have been fine with that but to whine about it and get the PWHA to whine about it like they did was the problem.

The no cheering in the PB is a moronic practice anyways but to act like it is some scared thing that can never be violated is even more ridiculous. Your a bunch of losers writing about sports take the self-righteousness down about 1,000 pegs.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Watching @Baxterman and @Pay Carl attempt to debate against common sense was more entertainment than Dan ever directly created

Who knew broadcasters were journalists?

A lot of them were journalists before or went to journalism school

And even if you remove the broadcasting aspect, most report for their station and do interviews between periods and after games

They kind of go hand in hand

I’m shocked that needed explanation

But that has been like 1% of the focus of my posts so way to go for the heart

People who get mad about reporters liking their teams crack me up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad