Dan Marrazza, Golden Knights twitter director, is no longer with the organization

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm not sure what it was specifically that got him fired, but when he accused members of the media of cheering for a team it was accusing members of the media of being unable to remain objective while covering the sport. Considering that is part of the job, it was accusing them of being unable to do their jobs. Had their credentials been stripped, or had they otherwise been prevented from doing their jobs due to the accusation, we're getting closer to a libel suit. His employer saw fit to apologize for those comments, so the absolutely insane thought process that leads to it being considered "over the top" is nonsensical reach necessary to protect someone who clearly screwed up.

In summary, the guy didn't seem to understand that representing a public entity on social media requires some level of responsibility for what is said. I know teenagers who are more aware of reality than that.

Well I mean I doubt he just decided to make it up randomly. If it is their job to remain neutral, they should probably do it. Dumb of him to call them out and couldve been a libel suit as well but I dont think you need to be defending them so hard because they were writers for the team youre a fan of. They probably did in fact cheer and it probably pissed the guy off because theyre supposed to be neutral

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad