May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
V4LcSqZ.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You'd just be exchanging a green turd for a brown one. Glad to see standards are high.

The brown one smells just a little less gross and cleans out of your carpet just a little bit easier.

Either way we'd still have poop on our rug, though.

LexSea

Queen of the Couch
Mar 31, 2014
I'm sure plenty of people want to coach the Flyers, doesn't mean that they should. Pass.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No to Bylsma & no to bringing anyone else in who has intentions of possibly being more than an interim if Berube is indeed given his walking papers at any point in season.

I don't want to be stuck with another Berube because the team went on a run after a coaching change was made.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So I leave for the period between Christmas and New Year's and this is what I come back to. What the hell, 2015, what the hell?

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
I might be one of the few people that actually think that Bylsma might be a good fit in Philadelphia.

I don't think he's a great coach by any stretch of the imagination. But there's no denying he's at least OK. He really had a strong start in Pittsburgh and actually was the fastest coach to 200 wins ever. He soured out after a few years, which is definitely partially to blame on his coaching, but he also had to deal with a banged up team for years. However, he still has come in first in the division for the last 2 years and was second in every other year in the division before they were realigned. That really isn't that bad of a record, especially since Crosby and Malkin were almost always battling injuries...

I really believe that every coach sours out after time and a fresh start can really make good things happen. Look at guys like Hitch. No denying he's a great coach, yet he started to coach the Flyers into the sucking territory. Look at him now in STL. Many vote him as top 5 in the NHL.

A fresh start and Bylsma might be a competent coach once more. Anyone can coach better than Berube and I'm legitimately scared to see what grand idea Hextall and Snider and the rest of the front office can come up with for a new coach when Berube gets inevitably fired within the next year. And let's just be honest, no elite coach like Babcock is going to come to Philadelphia.

I say let's go for it.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
that's how you win in the playoffs.

No, no it's not. Guy Boucher is a junior coach who thought his junior system would work in the NHL. All it did was get him run out of the league with no coaching jobs in sight.

Kill the Bylsma idea with fire. I want no part of his country club mentality around a team that already has problems showing up every night.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I might be one of the few people that actually think that Bylsma might be a good fit in Philadelphia.

I don't think he's a great coach by any stretch of the imagination. But there's no denying he's at least OK. He really had a strong start in Pittsburgh and actually was the fastest coach to 200 wins ever. He soured out after a few years, which is definitely partially to blame on his coaching, but he also had to deal with a banged up team for years. However, he still has come in first in the division for the last 2 years and was second in every other year in the division before they were realigned. That really isn't that bad of a record, especially since Crosby and Malkin were almost always battling injuries...

I really believe that every coach sours out after time and a fresh start can really make good things happen. Look at guys like Hitch. No denying he's a great coach, yet he started to coach the Flyers into the sucking territory. Look at him now in STL. Many vote him as top 5 in the NHL.

A fresh start and Bylsma might be a competent coach once more. Anyone can coach better than Berube and I'm legitimately scared to see what grand idea Hextall and Snider and the rest of the front office can come up with for a new coach when Berube gets inevitably fired within the next year. And let's just be honest, no elite coach like Babcock is going to come to Philadelphia.

I say let's go for it.

i say bring him in on the condition they see how the team finishs the year then decide to extend him or look for a long term coach in the off season.

this would do 2 things... it would light a fire under both the rosters and Bylsma's ass...

gotta admit i'd be curious to see what Bylsma could do with this team.. ive seen enuf of Berubes "talent" for several lifetimes...

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Can Maloney just go full moron for 15 minutes and fire Dave Tippett please.

Last edited by a moderator:

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
i say bring him in on the condition they see how the team finishs the year then decide to extend him or look for a long term coach in the off season.

this would do 2 things... it would light a fire under both the rosters and Bylsma's ass...

gotta admit i'd be curious to see what Bylsma could do with this team.. ive seen enuf of Berubes "talent" for several lifetimes...

The only thing is at this stage of the game, the Flyers are already in a pretty decent hole that Berube and the gang has dug. I doubt we'd see a true turnaround.

However, I think it would be a very interesting experiment.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Can Maloney just go full moron for 15 minutes and fire Dave Tippett please.

I would love this. Some people would think he would suffocate players like Giroux and Voracek, but I doubt that would happen. He's never coached a team with even average offensive talent.

Tippett would bring a level of defensive structure that this team needs. They don't have enough defensive IQ throughout the roster to play with a more free wheeling defensive system. They need a coach that can give them set roles on the ice.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Unemployed coach is looking to work for a franchise that might be firing their head coach during or after the season..... I couldn't figure this one out. Also, it's someone from hockeybuzz, how viable could this report be?

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
No thanks. He was a pretty big dud in Pittsburgh. And I don't really believe this. If he was offered a job to HC another franchise he'd be there in the blink of an eye. There is only 2-3 coaches out there that would actually HOLD OUT for a certain job and get his way.

RJ8812*

No thanks. He was a pretty big dud in Pittsburgh. And I don't really believe this. If he was offered a job to HC another franchise he'd be there in the blink of an eye. There is only 2-3 coaches out there that would actually HOLD OUT for a certain job and get his way.

Darryl Sutter was a dud in Chicago, San Jose and Calgary. Now he's considered one of the best coaches in the league

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
The only thing is at this stage of the game, the Flyers are already in a pretty decent hole that Berube and the gang has dug. I doubt we'd see a true turnaround.

However, I think it would be a very interesting experiment.

its never to late to turn a sinking ship around and start a winning culture instead of this ****show we have presently...

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I would love this. Some people would think he would suffocate players like Giroux and Voracek, but I doubt that would happen. He's never coached a team with even average offensive talent.

Tippett would bring a level of defensive structure that this team needs. They don't have enough defensive IQ throughout the roster to play with a more free wheeling defensive system. They need a coach that can give them set roles on the ice.

6 in one hand half dozen in the other, think of the additional chances they could generate with a coach who can design a breakout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad