Rumor: Dan Bylsma reportedly wants to coach in Philadelphia

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I feel bad for you guys if you end up getting Bylsma. He refuses to change his system even when it's getting shut down, he makes terrible lineup decisions and he will overuse the hell out of your 4th line scrubs. He's not a good coach at all. The Flyers should go for the walrus if Berube gets fired.

by the way Sens fans talk about Maclean it sounds like he is just like Berube.
I think they should and likely will ride it out with Berube until the end of the season. As much as I hate the jackass there are no viable options.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
by the way Sens fans talk about Maclean it sounds like he is just like Berube.
I think they should and likely will ride it out with Berube until the end of the season. As much as I hate the jackass there are no viable options.

I think every fan base says this about every coach. Even Babcock in DET gets **** for favoring veterans.

They probably should just ride it out, though. They're missing the playoffs no matter what at this point. Might as well wait and see if any good options arise during the offseason.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Hmm, let's not forget 2011 when the Penguins almost ran down the Flyers for the division without both Crosby and Malkin.

That's nice and all, but they still didn't catch us that season. He openly admitted that he didn't change much of Therien's system when he took over and they won his only cup. After that under his system they had great regular seasons with two of the best players in the game and epic playoff meltdowns. Not a coach I would be interested in having behind my bench.

SalaciousCrumb

Dec 31, 2013
NYC
Disco Dan gets hired as the coach of this team and my lifelong dedication to being a Flyers fan will seriously begin to wane...

:shakehead

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Neither did Lavy. Look at him now. He's probably going to be coach of the year.

You can't condemn him as a bad coach for things that happened in Year 5. A lot of coaches don't even make it to Year 5. Especially in this organization, if you're in Year 5, Years 1-4 were likely very successful. And Year 5 for Bylsma was a Conference Final run, (a year after that series against the Flyers) which the Penguins hadn't seen since Year 1. Bylsma has credentials, with resumé, and is still a younger coach. He would be at the top of the list of guys who should be coaching this team next year.

Hmm, let's not forget 2011 when the Penguins almost ran down the Flyers for the division without both Crosby and Malkin.

Yeah and now Lavy has one of the best defense/goalie combos in the league. The Flyers are worse defensively then the Pens the last few seasons. The chances of Dan Bylsma doing what Lavys doing with this team?

Bylsma couldn't control his players, and never adapted. Watch the Pens the last few seasons. The fact he got USA coaching job was a head scratcher. Also if he's such a good coach why did the Polie decide to hire Lavy for the Preds after choosing Byslma over Lavy for USA head coach? Maybe he seen Bylsmas flaws.

Finally why not just keep Lavy instead of hiring a worse version of him? Blysma had the 2 best players in the world it's win the cup or bust. They were favorites multiple times and completely blew up in the playoffs. No thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad