Dan Bylsma Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
NOTICE:

Please do not quote Madden, Rossi, et al when they make bold statements attributable to no one in particular. If they don't name a source, don't quote them.

They are social media trolls of the highest order and I'm not going to let them use our forum as their personal buzz-source, whether about Malkin, Bylsma or anyone else. I WILL delete their BS comments / quotes, if there's no legitimate attribution on their part, so be prepared for it / don't go Full Grumble on me when I do. ;)

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
I honestly give up on the team. Its clear with keeping Disco that team an ownership has no clue how to build a winner an no point getting invested in them when we will no the result. Regular season champs isnt good enough for me. Its like being happy with the pirates being great before the allstar break.
Enough is enough with this team. Its soo sad wont go to anymore games or buy pens gear again.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Got tweet from Madden an he says he was told that Dan wont be fired. So Pens are stuck with him.

If true, that will be it for me as a fan until they come to their senses and everything bad that comes their way as an organization will be well deserved if they refuse to do the right thing to get back on track.;)

CorpseLW

Jan 7, 2009
Western PA
Nice to know that I'm not the only person here who is looking hopefully toward Mario Lemieux to do the right thing and be our saviour once again.

Dan Bylsma, failure to adapt, not a real NHL head coach.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I honestly give up on the team. Its clear with keeping Disco that team an ownership has no clue how to build a winner an no point getting invested in them when we will no the result. Regular season champs isnt good enough for me. Its like being happy with the pirates being great before the allstar break.
Enough is enough with this team. Its soo sad wont go to anymore games or buy pens gear again.

One has to think that as long as season ticket sales are high and the team continues to sell out every game then ownership won't really feel much pressure to make the NECESSARY changes. Perhaps when people slowly stop going to games that'll change. We've had two humiliating playoff exits in a row. I really don't see what more evidence we need that something's gotta give.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Pens reached the Eastern Conference Finals and played more than well enough to win 3/4 of those games.

I see absolutely no reason for a new coach.

I somewhat agree, as far as roster changes go. At first I wanted major changes. But the more I think about it, a few of those posts we hit go in, a bounce here or there, a few penalties here or there, etc, and we could be in the SC finals. Get rid of Fleury, Nisky, TK, Morrow, Eaton. Bring in a solid D'man and some size and grit in the bottom six, and I'll go happy going into next year.

However, Byslma absolutely needs to go. Dazzling flameouts 4 years in a row is unacceptable with this team. What changes did he make in this series? Aside from playing around w/ scrubs on the 4th line? No tactical changes. Optional practices. Insisting on playing guys out of position. Keeping the same pathetic PP lineup all series. It all adds up to either gross negligence or incompetence. He makes opposing coaches jobs very easy. He's an idiot of the highest degree. I wish him well.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Pens reached the Eastern Conference Finals and played more than well enough to win 3/4 of those games.

Last year they couldn't stop a team whose only strength was scoring goals and this year they couldn't score goals on a team whose only strength is to prevent them. Next year with Bylsma in charge????? Will be really comical for the team and fans that this team plays in the playoffs, that is something you can be certain of.:amazed:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

You seem to be missing the point then. It's not about how far the Penguins got until they lost, it's about HOW they lost.

- He took a future HoF RW, and tried to force him to play LW to keep the first line together, when in fact that first line was struggling and needed to be switched up. He did have the lines right for a short time at the end of the Islanders series and beginning of the Senators series, but he inexplicably changed something that was working.

- He refused to use that same future HoF on the PP on the left circle when it was badly needed, and refused to use the best PP QB in Paul Martin on the point. Bylsma simply REFUSED to change what wasn't working.

- Despres and Bennett hardly saw action because Disco hates young players with pedigree. He prefers to use fringe players because that's exactly what he was as a player. Instead of playing the two guys with pedigree for most of the regular season, we saw too much of Kennedy and Engo.

- Stretch pass. Stretch pass. Stretch pass. And if that doesn't work, do some more stretch passes. Bylsma had no plan B. He wanted to be right and do it his way. He really lacked humility, which is surprising considering what happened last year against the Flyers. He did make some smaller adjustments after game 2, but at that point too little, too late.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
Just because Bylsma did not get fired immediately does not mean that it wont happen in the next few days. Shero might wait for the emotion to subside.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
You seem to be missing the point then. It's not about how far the Penguins got until they lost, it's about HOW they lost.

- He took a future HoF RW, and tried to force him to play LW to keep the first line together, when in fact that first line was struggling and needed to be switched up. He did have the lines right for a short time at the end of the Islanders series and beginning of the Senators series, but he inexplicably changed something that was working.

- He refused to use that same future HoF on the PP on the left circle when it was badly needed, and refused to use the best PP QB in Paul Martin on the point. Bylsma simply REFUSED to change what wasn't working.

- Despres and Bennett hardly saw action because Disco hates young players with pedigree. He prefers to use fringe players because that's exactly what he was as a player. Instead of playing the two guys with pedigree for most of the regular season, we saw too much of Kennedy and Engo.

- Stretch pass. Stretch pass. Stretch pass. And if that doesn't work, do some more stretch passes. Bylsma had no plan B. He wanted to be right and do it his way. He really lacked humility, which is surprising considering what happened last year against the Flyers. He did make some smaller adjustments after game 2, but at that point too little, too late.

He was a Therrien defender too. I doubt you get through to him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I find it ironic that Bylsma came from our farm team, because he has done more to sabotage player development than anybody in recent memory, in any organization. How is it even possible for a coach NOT to trust young players, when some of those players were with him in the 'A'? It makes no sense. And this is why I hesitate and cringe at the thought of a recycled coach coming in here. Because THAT is what recycled coaches normally do...lean on veterans, discard the farm system.

But maybe we're living in the bizarro world right now, so we fire the former AHL coach because he hurts youth and bring in a recycled coach to bring out the best in our young players?

None of this makes sense really, but we've seen for several years now just how awful this current situation (this coaching staff, with the supposed starting netminder and all the talented skaters) has been. It's time for change.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I find it ironic that Bylsma came from our farm team, because he has done more to sabotage player development than anybody in recent memory, in any organization. How is it even possible for a coach NOT to trust young players, when some of those players were with him in the 'A'? It makes no sense. And this is why I hesitate and cringe at the thought of a recycled coach coming in here. Because THAT is what recycled coaches normally do...lean on veterans, discard the farm system.

But maybe we're living in the bizarro world right now, so we fire the former AHL coach because he hurts youth and bring in a recycled coach to bring out the best in our young players?

None of this makes sense really, but we've seen for several years now just how awful this current situation (this coaching staff, with the supposed starting netminder and all the talented skaters) has been. It's time for change.

Were any of these players with him in the AHL? I highly doubt it. The last time he coached there was in '09. The last two were probably Lovejoy and Engelland, and you saw how he **** the bed with those two.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Islander fans in their small numbers have been fooled because they think the Islanders are on the upswing but it was really just Bylsma being over his head.:nod:

I wouldn't rob the Isles of all credit either. I personally think they are a team that is on the upswing and is one legit starting goalie and a couple of d-men away from being a real threat.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
If Shero was going to fire Dan then it would of happened by now. Plus Dan has 1yr left on contract if im correct. Watch him get resigned.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
I watched Dan's post game and I've never gotten the feeling of such helplessness or a coach out of his depth more than that interview. He had nothing else to give to the team. There was nothing he could do but watch his team lose with the one system he plays. If we want to be the capitals and be 1st in the conference, he's our man. If we want to get tough and win big series' he's not. That simple. I think he'll be fired once they find their guy.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Reaching the ECF seems less significant when you consider they faced the 8th and 6th seeds in the previous rounds. The 8th seed gave them fits and the 6th seed had their best player and #1 center playing at far less than 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad