Dan Bylsma Hot Seat Pt. III | Shero pushing for Bylsma extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I suppose you're right.

Honestly, it's not even that anyone would argue whether Bylsma is a good coach. It's that we're asking whether Bylsma is the RIGHT coach at this time. You can be just that one day and then the polar opposite just a few years later.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm curious when was the last time a coach was fired after losing in the conference finals?

Of the top of my head, Ivan Hlinka was fired four games into the next season after losing in the conference finals. Then again, his team bothered to win a game, so that might explain the goodwill. ;)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
How stupid are we all going to look when we win the cup next year with Bylsma at the helm? :sarcasm:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Guys, Rossi or not, nobody should have expected Bylsma to be fired, speculating is fine but some of you guys are like "are you serious, he hasn't been fired yet"? or "when is he getting fired"?

I can't say I am surprised the Penguins want to keep Bylsma. Who is out there that replaces him? You going to put your eggs in one basket with Dave Tippet? You guys want John Tortorella? Glen Gulutzan? Guy Boucher? How about Alain Vigneault? He just coached a team that got swept in the 1st round and couldn't handle a goalie controversy with Schneider and Luongo.

The only coach out of that group that I think is better than Bylsma is Dave Tippet. And he's not even available yet and won't be for another 2 weeks+. Phoenix is going to try hard to keep him, are we going to fire Bylsma and go to the NHL Draft without a head coach? Are we going to bank on Tippet leaving Phoenix and only coming here?

Firing Bylsma would be stupid, although extending him at this point is pretty dumb also, IMO.

Yeah I suppose you're right.

There are plenty of coaches out there. Part of the management team's responsibilities is to identify potential candidates. They're not just scouting for on-ice talent. They're also keeping a running tab on potential bench bosses.

But all of this seems to be a moot point, we're going to give everybody a pass.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
There are plenty of coaches out there. Part of the management team's responsibilities is to identify potential candidates. They're not just scouting for on-ice talent. They're also keeping a running tab on potential bench bosses.

But all of this seems to be a moot point, we're going to give everybody a pass.

And make no mistake . . . the stench from that starts with ownership.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
I hope no extension is given if they decide to keep him on. I don't quite understand why some on here don't think that is an option.

TerraFeeshMD

Dec 22, 2008
I hope no extension is given if they decide to keep him on. I don't quite understand why some on here don't think that is an option.

Because it will just be an extra distraction next year. If they keep him, there is no harm in extending him, because they can fire him just the same whether he is in the last year of his contract or the first year of an 80 year deal.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Because it will just be an extra distraction next year. If they keep him, there is no harm in extending him, because they can fire him just the same whether he is in the last year of his contract or the first year of an 80 year deal.

Yeah, but they're on the hook financially then.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not stupid at all. We've won the cup with Bylsma the last four Februarys. ;)

crumpled-paper-ball.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Oh, I see what you did there. :laugh:

I'm now and Al Morganti guy . . .

Jason Deforest ‏@FAN960Jason 45s
From Al Morganti (@nufced) on #Penguins: "I would've fired Bylsma yesterday. He's let his team lose their composure in straight years."

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008

Except that they will be on the hook for a lot more money...

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio

But it also puts DB on notice.

TerraFeeshMD

Dec 22, 2008
Except that they will be on the hook for a lot more money...

Sure, and the Penguins/Mario would understand that, but to us as fans.... that means zippy. Maybe that is the price the front office puts on "not being a distraction," but that means literally nothing to us as fans if the team is willing to pay that money.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
The only thing on are about next regular season is making the playoffs and cheering for some individual awards. Otherwise its just going to be such a ****** regular season, even if we go 82-0

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I suppose since there's no longer a hot seat, this thread can be closed...

Sweet mother of ****ing Christ.

Axman

MoreSkilledThanYou
Feb 9, 2011
Wow. Just got an update on my cell. Why am I surprised?
Everyone is extended. Where's that Oprah gif?

spcastlemagic

Jul 3, 2006
So... Shero cares more about regular season success than playoff success. That's the only way I can wrap my head around all of this. MT got fired because a four game losing streak during the regular season is unacceptable. Save it for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad