Dan Bylsma Hot Seat Pt. III | Shero pushing for Bylsma extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
So are we to believe that the players are behind all of this? Instead of having coach killers in the lineup, we have coach keepers?

Somebody in upper management needs to show some balls here. I can't stand mediocrity but that's the path we're headed down.

Moebius

Aug 16, 2011
Guys, it's Rossi. Remember when we were getting Yandle for Michalek? Done deal, right?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So are we to believe that the players are behind all of this? Instead of having coach killers in the lineup, we have coach keepers?

Somebody in upper management needs to show some balls here. I can't stand mediocrity but that's the path we're headed down.

Respectfully, we've been heading down that path already. This would seal it.

IHeartZherdev*

QFT, this makes me sick.

I could never root for another team but I can't watch this ******** anymore. If we go into next season with the worst goalie and coach in the playoffs...AGAIN...:rant::rant:

Shero is amazing at making trades but if he can't see something so obvious his ass can hit the road too.

True. The morrow and iginla and murray trades were amazing. Not to mention the highway robbery in getting Brandon sutter!

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
The rossi reports dont worry me. It's the fact that bylsma and shero were at the concert together. Seriously, thats not something to happen if he was fired.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
The rossi reports dont worry me. It's the fact that bylsma and shero were at the concert together. Seriously, thats not something to happen if he was fired.

Who knows. Maybe he fired him afterwards and there's going to be a new kid on the block.

IHeartZherdev*

It wouldn't be fair to fire bylmsa. As a great captain once said, he "deserves better"

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm sure Dejan will have quite a bit to say,but other than him not much else will be said.

The best way for the media to extend their dismay is, (Right after it's mentioned from Shero on an extension or no firing) get up and walk out.

The look on Shero's face would be, GOLD!

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
Jackets fan who lives in Pittsburgh coming in peace. I feel for you guys. Hopefully Shero comes to his senses and replaces Bylsma with someone like Barry Trotz; I doubt he's much of a dancer, but he certainly holds his players accountable.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Why did i click the link?
Why does seeing DB smile bring me so much anger?
:banghead:

If this is all true, Mario must be deathly scared of this team finding even a semi-disciplinarian and the whole thing blowing up more than it actually is.

I guess we can hope for an early to mid-season losing streak...

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Jackets fan who lives in Pittsburgh coming in peace. I feel for you guys. Hopefully Shero comes to his senses and replaces Bylsma with someone like Barry Trotz; I doubt he's much of a dancer, but he certainly holds his players accountable.

Regardless of who's behind the bench in Pittsburgh, I really look forward to seeing the Jackets as a new rival for the Pens, can never have too many good PA/OH rivalries. :yo:

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Guys, Rossi or not, nobody should have expected Bylsma to be fired, speculating is fine but some of you guys are like "are you serious, he hasn't been fired yet"? or "when is he getting fired"?

I can't say I am surprised the Penguins want to keep Bylsma. Who is out there that replaces him? You going to put your eggs in one basket with Dave Tippet? You guys want John Tortorella? Glen Gulutzan? Guy Boucher? How about Alain Vigneault? He just coached a team that got swept in the 1st round and couldn't handle a goalie controversy with Schneider and Luongo.

The only coach out of that group that I think is better than Bylsma is Dave Tippet. And he's not even available yet and won't be for another 2 weeks+. Phoenix is going to try hard to keep him, are we going to fire Bylsma and go to the NHL Draft without a head coach? Are we going to bank on Tippet leaving Phoenix and only coming here?

Firing Bylsma would be stupid, although extending him at this point is pretty dumb also, IMO.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I hope at day's end I won't be starting to question Shero in addition to bylsma. I've never really questioned Ray. Surely at some point he'll get rid of this buffoon. At least don't let it be some long extension he doesn't deserve. I don't want to hear the status quo of "everything's fine, it was just bad bounces" :banghead:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Guys, Rossi or not, nobody should have expected Bylsma to be fired, speculating is fine but some of you guys are like "are you serious, he hasn't been fired yet"? or "when is he getting fired"?

I can't say I am surprised the Penguins want to keep Bylsma. Who is out there that replaces him? You going to put your eggs in one basket with Dave Tippet? You guys want John Tortorella? Glen Gulutzan? Guy Boucher? How about Alain Vigneault? He just coached a team that got swept in the 1st round and couldn't handle a goalie controversy with Schneider and Luongo.

The only coach out of that group that I think is better than Bylsma is Dave Tippet. And he's not even available yet and won't be for another 2 weeks+. Phoenix is going to try hard to keep him, are we going to fire Bylsma and go to the NHL Draft without a head coach? Are we going to bank on Tippet leaving Phoenix and only coming here?

Firing Bylsma would be stupid, although extending him at this point is pretty dumb also, IMO.

What a joke. I would take Tippett, Maurice, or Boucher any day over Bylsma. I 100% expect him to be fired. I thought it was a mistake to hire him in the first place. If Shero extends him I'm calling for his head next.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It wouldn't be fair to fire bylmsa. As a great captain once said, he "deserves better"

It wouldn't be fair to everyone involved to keep a Coach who can't adjust during a game/season/series, and live off of a once in a life time chance, made.

Blysma: As a great saying was once said, "he got what he deserved." If fired.

He's not the total problem, but...."he didn't have the answer either." Not once....but twice! In a humiliating fashion. From a General, scratch that, that's, Shero. From the Colonel, not being able to rally in his troops "twice" deserves being releived of his duties he's failed at. 1-5 in battles going down to mostly defensive tactics in 4 of them, losing control of the players is really derelict of duties.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

If that 'who's out there to replace him' argument meant ****, then Bylsma still would be an AHL coach.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hope at day's end I won't be starting to question Shero in addition to bylsma. I've never really questioned Ray. Surely at some point he'll get rid of this buffoon. At least don't let it be some long extension he doesn't deserve. I don't want to hear the status quo of "everything's fine, it was just bad bounces" :banghead:

Rest assured . . . if/when Bylsma is retained, that's EXACTLY what you'll hear.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just to add insult to injury, if DB gets an extension, he'll be making close to top dollar for coaches in this league.

He gets 1.2mill or so now. Top guys get 2.3 or so.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What a joke. I would take Tippett, Maurice, or Boucher any day over Bylsma. I 100% expect him to be fired. I thought it was a mistake to hire him in the first place. If Shero extends him I'm calling for his head next.

You won't be alone, although a lot of good it will do you. If Bylsma is retained, then the country club stench reaches to the top and we have bigger problems with our 'stars' then I ever imagined, because they're out there parroting this horse****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad