Speculation: Dan Bylsma Hot Seat Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It wasn't? Two of our acquisitions purposely decided to play for us instead of them. We didn't have our No. 1 goalie in the series because he was yanked in Round 1. We didn't win a game in this series. We scored twice. Our four most-talented players didn't register a point. Our former superstar, now in Boston, registered the assist in OT of Game 3 that basically ended our season.

I don't know what the official definition of 'crushing embarassment' is but this series has to be close to being spot-on.

Oh I was embarrassed for the team and I agree with all of what you said. Just saying if you ignore the previous 3 years, losing in the conference finals isn't necessarily embarrassing. But yeah the way we lost is embarrassing.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Cry all you want but you know exactly what will happen.

DB will do well in the Regular Season... you guys will be hyping him up.
We'll look shakey a game or two. Then during an early game in a *SERIES* everything will go to ****.
We'll lose 8-5 or 6-1 and the team will go completely nuts on the ice.
Then we never recover and lose the SERIES...

I know you love your DB, but he's lost it. The exit interview pretty much summed up his state of mind. DB thinks he did everything perfectly. "Coach, why didn't you adjust vs. Boston" DB: "I beat the Sens", etc. etc..

It will be fun to see you defend his next early exit.

Pretty much this . . . it's the same question as Fleury really, if you think about it: Can you really trust him NOT to **** the bed again in the playoffs?

And, again, anyone else notice that for all the people accepting blame for the debacle against Boston, the one person who didn't deign to say he could do anything better was Bylsma? And, he kept that attitude throughout the clean out day interviews. Tells me all I need to know . . .

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
If they don't want to extend him, could he end up leaving by some kind of mutual agreement? If ownership refuses to give him the vote of confidence of an extension, and the rumors of other potential opportunities available to him are true, DB would probably prefer to part ways with the Pens rather than be a lame duck next season.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
I agree...why is this so hard to understand?

DB isn't a bad coach, but he clearly is pigheaded in the wrong way. I don't know what's going through his head. He fixed the faceoff issue against the Bruins, which I commend him for doing. However, he barely touched the lines, and didn't touch the PP unit.

Not to mention last years playoffs..ugh....and the year before...and the year before. To top it all off, his latest Fleury comment...OMFG...throw Vokoun under a train while are you at it, cuz a bus isn't enough.

Fool me once, shame on your.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, I'm getting numb.
Fool me 4 times, I'm liking it, and i'm a DB fanboy :naughty:.

Torts was the same....
You could see their PP had no structure. The team was basically "let's let Lunqvist stop everything". Torts bought the big one...so should DB.

I do understand that Shero/Mario need to come up with a game plan for the entire team and not just jump the gun and fire DB.

:handclap: Seriously, people act like this is the year after he won the cup...

IT'S BEEN 4 years now... 4 years of his SYSTEM. Nobody else to blame...

Another interesting thing some of you brought up, I actually think he'll become a better coach after being fired. He just doesn't seem to be a learning creature and maybe this will shock him into it.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
If DB is coaching game 1 with MAF starting I don't know if I can do it anymore.

This is coming from a guy who's seen Mario pre and post retirement live, been to pens games at 4 different arenas, payed for glass seats to see Brian Holzinger and a bunch of losers get smacked around by Columbus, watched most of the games the year Dick Tarnstrom led the team in scoring...

But that scenario could be my breaking point where I need a break from the Pens.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
:handclap: Seriously, people act like this is the year after he won the cup...

IT'S BEEN 4 years now... 4 years of his SYSTEM. Nobody else to blame...

Another interesting thing some of you brought up, I actually think he'll become a better coach after being fired. He just doesn't seem to be a learning creature and maybe this will shock him into it.

Yeah, but the fifth time will be the charm. No, really it will . . . ;)

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002

This is coming from a guy who's seen Mario pre and post retirement live, been to pens games at 4 different arenas, payed for glass seats to see Brian Holzinger and a bunch of losers get smacked around by Columbus, watched most of the games the year Dick Tarnstrom led the team in scoring...

But that scenario could be my breaking point where I need a break from the Pens.
One alternative would be to go the way of Caps fans and start rooting for President's Trophies and individual awards while fully anticipating an early exit in the playoffs every year. Think of all the regular season division championship banners we could hang!

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com

I feel the exact same way, especially concerning Bylsma possibly returning but I could use a break from following the NHL for awhile, so it might be a good thing for me and I am already looking forward to ignoring this probably dull & disinteresting Stanley Cup Final.:nod:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Am I right in thinking that some people on here where speculating that they believe Dan could be fired today and it would be announced tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad