Speculation: Dan Bylsma Hot Seat Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I was hopeful the brass would hold the GM and Bylsma accountable for last years playoffs against the Flyers and would have some conditions on Bylsma returning. I suspect that is not the case and Shero is solid and whatever he decides is it. So Shero brings Bylsma back again. It may take one more playoff under performance to finally move Mario and Ron to clean house. I could be wrong but I sense that is the case. I just know that with Bylsma, if things go south early next year, management will have a larger issue than a crap coach. This team left the ice being roundly booed for that effort in game two of the bruin series.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
It's not about what I want or not, frankly I don't care if Bylsma stays or not. But stating your opinion as fact automtically disqualifies you from being taken seriously.

Cry all you want but you know exactly what will happen.

DB will do well in the Regular Season... you guys will be hyping him up.
We'll look shakey a game or two. Then during an early game in a *SERIES* everything will go to ****.
We'll lose 8-5 or 6-1 and the team will go completely nuts on the ice.
Then we never recover and lose the SERIES...

I know you love your DB, but he's lost it. The exit interview pretty much summed up his state of mind. DB thinks he did everything perfectly. "Coach, why didn't you adjust vs. Boston" DB: "I beat the Sens", etc. etc..

It will be fun to see you defend his next early exit.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Cry all you want but you know exactly what will happen.

DB will do well in the Regular Season... you guys will be hyping him up.
We'll look shakey a game or two. Then during an early game in a *SERIES* everything will go to ****.
We'll lose 8-5 or 6-1 and the team will go completely nuts on the ice.
Then we never recover and lose the SERIES...

I know you love your DB, but he's lost it. The exit interview pretty much summed up his state of mind. DB thinks he did everything perfectly. "Coach, why didn't you adjust vs. Boston" DB: "I beat the Sens", etc. etc..

It will be fun to see you defend his next early exit.

Then stop watching the team then regardless what happens. The Hawks and Bruins bandwagons have plenty of room I'm sure.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
If Bylsma is back it's for the whole season. He'll trick everybody with a great regular season again only to be soundly beat by a superior coach who actually game plans against us in the playoffs. All the while we'll have to hear about how awesome of a coach he is from his fanboys.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
Then stop watching the team then regardless what happens. The Hawks and Bruins bandwagons have plenty of room I'm sure.

Truth hurts too much? If I was a bandwagon fan, I would not know how badly we've played the last four postseasons...

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Truth hurts too much? If I was a bandwagon fan, I would not know how badly we've played the last four postseasons...

How badly they've played? ECF is a complete and utter failure? They were beat by a better team, goalie, and coach. End of story. No one was beating Boston out of the conference. This is essentially the same team as 2 years ago, expecting a different result or for them to manhandle the Bruins like Ottawa was a pipedream.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
If Bylsma is back it's for the whole season. He'll trick everybody with a great regular season again only to be soundly beat by a superior coach who actually game plans against us in the playoffs. All the while we'll have to hear about how awesome of a coach he is from his fanboys.

Well yeah of course he'd be back for a whole season. I don't see many coaches with a "half-season" contract.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Yeah that's my fear. We all know this team will be good in the regular season. They will be one of the highest scoring teams, go on a 10+ game winning streak and Kunitz-Sid-Duper (if retained) will be the "best line in hockey". Then the playoffs roll around and the same ****. I don't think he's a coach you can fire during the season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
How badly they've played? ECF is a complete and utter failure? They were beat by a better team, goalie, and coach. End of story. No one was beating Boston out of the conference. This is essentially the same team as 2 years ago, expecting a different result or for them to manhandle the Bruins like Ottawa was a pipedream.

So you expected them to lose to Boston? Why even bother watching then? See I can do it too.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Don't be mad that other people care more about the team and want then to do well than you do. That's just a **** attitude and terrible logic.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam

What?

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
So you expected them to lose to Boston? Why even bother watching then? See I can do it too.

Didn't expect them to lose, but it wasn't to me this huge crushing embarrassment and upset out of no where that people seem to think. And if we want to continue to ***** about the 2 goals in 4 goals then why not throw Shero into the fire as well? He's the one that has constructed a team with 3 scorers and a bunch of grinders.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Didn't expect them to lose, but it wasn't to me this huge crushing embarrassment and upset out of no where that people seem to think. And if we want to continue to ***** about the 2 goals in 4 goals then why not throw Shero into the fire as well? He's the one that has constructed a team with 3 scorers and a bunch of grinders.

It wasn't necessarily a crushing embarrassment. I think Boston is a great team and knew it would be a tough series, but I didn't expect to get swept. That said, it shows that this team can't bring it when it matters. They haven't beaten a real contender since the Cup win. For a team that finishes near the top of the Eastern Conference every year, that's unacceptable.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Don't be mad that other people care more about the team and want then to do well than you do. That's just a **** attitude and terrible logic.

Riight endless *****ing means you care more. To be honest I want to see Bylsma say just to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Its-magic....gif

2009/10: 47-28-7
2010/11: 49-25-8
2011/12: 51-25-6
2012/13: 36-12-0

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It wasn't necessarily a crushing embarrassment. I think Boston is a great team and knew it would be a tough series, but I didn't expect to get swept. That said, it shows that this team can't bring it when it matters. They haven't beaten a real contender since the Cup win. For a team that finishes near the top of the Eastern Conference every year, that's unacceptable.

It wasn't? Two of our acquisitions purposely decided to play for us instead of them. We didn't have our No. 1 goalie in the series because he was yanked in Round 1. We didn't win a game in this series. We scored twice. Our four most-talented players didn't register a point. Our former superstar, now in Boston, registered the assist in OT of Game 3 that basically ended our season.

I don't know what the official definition of 'crushing embarassment' is but this series has to be close to being spot-on.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
It wasn't? Two of our acquisitions purposely decided to play for us instead of them. We didn't have our No. 1 goalie in the series because he was yanked in Round 1. We didn't win a game in this series. We scored twice. Our four most-talented players didn't register a point. Our former superstar, now in Boston, registered the assist in OT of Game 3 that basically ended our season.

I don't know what the official definition of 'crushing embarassment' is but this series has to be close to being spot-on.

Jag, please stop with the absolute facts. They are not needed or wanted... I mean god forbid you change anything that is clearly not working...

Well, one more day to find out.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
So, why no decision yet?

Canada Hockey show said Mario/Shero wanted some time.

I suspect with the how bad this team looks in the last 4 postseasons, Mario not being happy, DB only having 1 year left, etc. that they have a lot of **** to figure out:

1. They have to extend or get rid of him..
2. Do they really want to extend him now?
3. If they extend and WHEN he ****s up next postseason what do you do (i.e. if they extend him for 3 more years then fire they owe him salary)
4. If they fire him, well they do need a plan...

Man, sucks to be Shero after this disaster : ) :help:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
No way do they need to extend the coach. Sure it sucks to be a lame-duck head coach but he's earned that moniker.

If they're so rich that they feel they can piss money away by giving a coach who clearly is on his last legs an extension, they might as well give that money to us for free.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
No way do they need to extend the coach. Sure it sucks to be a lame-duck head coach but he's earned that moniker.

If they're so rich that they feel they can piss money away by giving a coach who clearly is on his last legs an extension, they might as well give that money to us for free.

...cough... you get higher ticket prices next year... to pay for DB :handclap:

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ

I agree...why is this so hard to understand?

DB isn't a bad coach, but he clearly is pigheaded in the wrong way. I don't know what's going through his head. He fixed the faceoff issue against the Bruins, which I commend him for doing. However, he barely touched the lines, and didn't touch the PP unit.

Not to mention last years playoffs..ugh....and the year before...and the year before. To top it all off, his latest Fleury comment...OMFG...throw Vokoun under a train while are you at it, cuz a bus isn't enough.

Fool me once, shame on your.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, I'm getting numb.
Fool me 4 times, I'm liking it, and i'm a DB fanboy :naughty:.

Torts was the same....
You could see their PP had no structure. The team was basically "let's let Lunqvist stop everything". Torts bought the big one...so should DB.

I do understand that Shero/Mario need to come up with a game plan for the entire team and not just jump the gun and fire DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig