Injury Report: Dan Boyle - broken hand (4 to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

literally anything but Kostka

To sit in the press box.

Hunwick is going to play, no doubt about it. If he fails or another injury on the right side occurs, McIlrath would be called up and in the lineup, imo.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
This sucks..

Our first line was so good I didn't even miss Stepan and now this happens.

At least we are getting off to a good start this time.

Championship*

Of course. Great win punctuated by an injury. Put Klein up to the 2nd pair and then Hunwick with Moore? I don't know.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Raphael Diaz would be a great fill in with Staal. Don't understand why we didn't bring him back as the #7 D.

Championship*

I don't know why but I feel like they should call up McIlrath. I'm most likely 100% wrong.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
You could tell immediately he was really hurt. Oh well, he looked like hot, wet trash for the most part anyways. Good thing we have Tarase...er, ahem, McIlrath to step in. Couldn't look much worse.
I was actually pretty hopeful for Boyle when we signed him, but after watching him play for years while living in SJ, I guess I have to admit that many were right and he is not the same player. I know, I know, one game does not the player make, but Yikes he was bad. That Staal Boyle pairing is/was cringeworthy!

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
You could tell immediately he was really hurt. Oh well, he looked like hot, wet trash for the most part anyways. Good thing we have Tarase...er, ahem, McIlrath to step in. Couldn't look much worse.
I was actually pretty hopeful for Boyle when we signed him, but after watching him play for years while living in SJ, I guess I have to admit that many were right and he is not the same player. I know, I know, one game does not the player make, but Yikes he was bad. That Staal Boyle pairing is/was cringeworthy!

Meh, Staal looked good at least.

Championship*

My instincts say 100 percent to go with Mcilrath. But my instincts are right 60 percent of the time...everytime.

Yeah I don't know why but I few like why not try him out now? Keep Klein-Moore together and then maybe put Mac Deisel with Staal? Again, I don't know. Was so pumped about this win. So deflating.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I really want to see ONE of McIlrath or Allen. Both Hunwick and Kostka (gag) are stopgaps at best - fine for one game, but when you know you're looking to cover a month plus of games, might as well throw one of the guys who actually has a future into the fire.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Hunwick is going to play, no doubt about it. If he fails or another injury on the right side occurs, McIlrath would be called up and in the lineup, imo.

There absolutely is doubt about it. If this was a day-to-day thing, Hunwick would certainly be the one to play. It's not. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if they call up Allen or Mcilrath to play over the next 4-6 weeks.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Is Mcilrath that poor of a skater that he still cant get in the lineup?
I mean come on it's been 4 years now since we drafted him. I know it takes a long time for a defenseman to develop but if he doesn't get a chance it speaks volumes of his ability to compete in the nhl

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
There absolutely is doubt about it. If this was a day-to-day thing, Hunwick would certainly be the one to play. It's not. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if they call up Allen or Mcilrath to play over the next 4-6 weeks.

Honestly, it would be great to at least see McIlrath and either put to rest the Fowler/Tarasenko hindsight, or prove we Jessimaned that pick...

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Didn't expect all 18 skaters to stay healthy all season, bad timing but we've done well without a legit ppqb for how long now, what's another 6 weeks :banghead:

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Also, now who steps in on the PP? Hunwick seems to have a hard and accurate shot, but I don't know that he has the ability . If we had Fowler, we never would have signed Boyle. A face puncher taken so early is really not smart. Could have just signed a plug for that role. Also a face punching D seems a waste, since 5 minutes in the box just pushes our D harder.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if McIlrath becomes at least a serviceable third pair guy. I'm not rooting for him to fail, the opposite really... I'm just getting nervous)

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'd hope for a guy with at least some kind of offensive spark. I think Hunwick would be the preference. I don't know about McIlrath, and Kostka did not look that great in the preseason aside from one or two games. Hunwick would be my choice with Kostka as the 7th.

Would anyone be interested in putting Staal with Girardi for old times' sake? I'd do that if a rookie comes up, reuniting Girardi and McD on the PK and in shut-down situations.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
(Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if McIlrath becomes at least a serviceable third pair guy. I'm not rooting for him to fail, the opposite really... I'm just getting nervous)

I'm not nervous yet, he's a long term commitment, if he doesn't make it next camp then i'd worry.

Sucks to finally have a decent RD on the PP and then lose him one game in for extended time. Better now than later, but i've said this twice now, lets hope we can keep this team healthy.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I doubt they want to experiment with Allen or McIlrath at this point. I think Hunwick comes in based on his experience and the fact that he is a smooth skating blueliner.

This is very unfortunate. We weren't the best offensive team to begin with and we lost our 1C and the top offensive D. How we'll score is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad