Injury Report: Dan Boyle - broken hand (4 to 6 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
MATT HUNWICK IS THE 7TH DEFENSEMEN IN CASE ANYONE HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. Haha...

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
hunwick will get the 1st shot since he actually made the team and allen/mcilrath cudnt have played more than a game or 2 in hartford since cuts.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
"schrodinger's lamb shoulder roast is neither ready or not ready until it is pulled out of the oven."

Gotta give the kids an opportunity if Hunwick isn't working out on his off(?) side.

I guess early days and a reliable top 4 gives us the luxury of a few try-outs for the kids.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-McIlrath
Moore-Klein

SupersonicMonkey*

****!

Hopefully that's it for the major injuries this season.

The only silver lining is it's early in the season, and its his hand so he can still work on conditioning.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
But 10000000000000000000% honest. It really actually might work out if he gets to be fresher for the PO.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Well, regardless.

If I'm McIlrath and watching this (I do hope), I just packed my stuff and went to the rink to start working

NYRCSKA*

Not too upset about this injury to be honest. Means a fresher Boyle later in the season. I wouldn't mind if Boyle only plays 55 games going into the playoffs.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
MATT HUNWICK IS THE 7TH DEFENSEMEN IN CASE ANYONE HASN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION. Haha...

In a pinch, or for just a couple games, I have no doubt it would be Hunwick. For a longer-term situation, such as this, I'm not sure they don't give Allen or McIlrath a shot.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
In a pinch, or for just a couple games, I have no doubt it would be Hunwick. For a longer-term situation, such as this, I'm not sure they don't give Allen or McIlrath a shot.

might let him play first and deciding after a few games if hes capable.

BarbaraAlphanse

Unfortunately, I'd assume that McIlrath is the lowest on the 4 man totem pole.

Ironically enough - playing with Staal for 6 weeks would probably do wonders for him moving forward.

Invest now for the future.

I guess they go Hunwick for 5 or so games and go from there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I guess it's time for Klein to show how he's 'a top 4 dman on every team in the league'.

SupersonicMonkey*

My guess is Hunwick plays in Boyle's spot and Kostka gets called up as the 7th D. With Boyle on LTIR.

No chance Allen, McIlrath, or Kampfer get called up to sit in the press box. McIlrath isn't ready, yet.

After Kostka, Kampfer would be next on the right side. Then McIlrath.

Allen if something should happen on the left side.

BarbaraAlphanse

My guess is Hunwick plays in Boyle's spot and Kostka gets called up as the 7th D. With Boyle on LTIR.

No chance Allen, McIlrath, or Kampfer get called up to sit in the press box. McIlrath isn't ready, yet.

After Kostka, Kampfer would be next in the right side. Then McIlrath.

Allen if something should happen on the left side.

Kampfer got traded w/ Yogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad