Damor's League 2011/12 -READ LATEST POST IF INTERESTED IN JOINING/STARTING UP SHORTLY

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Actually I will take San Jose, I haven't seen one successful Blues team in any fantasy league I have been in so it may be a curse :sarcasm:

agrudez*

:flames PLease :), make this a keeper league man, trust me its the way to go!!!!!!

50% of leagues don't make it through the draft, 75% of leagues fold shortly after the draft, 80% of leagues fold during the first year. How many leagues actually make it to year 2?

I think that is a bridge we can cross in the future.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
50% of leagues don't make it through the draft, 75% of leagues fold shortly after the draft, 80% of leagues fold during the first year. How many leagues actually make it to year 2?

I think that is a bridge we can cross in the future.

Unfortunately he is correct, have talked to many gms on here about how many leagues have been abandoned and it won't happen in this one...working right now with agrudez over pm to change things up a bit to make it still interesting and relevant by have a one season draft (well see what happens after season is over,) however with time issue, no time for full prospect/entry draft anyways and way too many rules being discussed with keepers on this site that i have no interest in being involved dealing with or a part of....I'm sorry, Carey Price will have to wait to get a cap hit until he is signed in real life for real money, not gonna negotiate caps with anyone on this site and make up arbitrary numbers like Tube Socks did:shakehead....Potentially may be taking some of what fedro said about shorter team llist into account, as the season is fastly approaching....plus this way we choose the gms we want to draft with, instead of them just choosing us, thus avoiding floaters and those known to be previously non-commital and gaining fully committed gms for the season, it also allows us to use a new site idea being discussed right now, that if done well, could work for us over HFBoards

agrudez*

So far these are the teams which are taken:

PHI - Agrudez
NYI - IslesRock4
NJD - Ken Griffey Jrs Soul
NYR - johnnydollaz89
PIT - Mehta

OTT - damor
BOS -
BUF - Rembokz
MTL - strutsboa
TOR - Schenn

ATL -
CAR -
TBL - Theron
FLA -
WAS - JPavs8Cluthcy

ANA - habsman56
DAL -
LAK -
PHO -
SJ - Hale The Villain

VAN - dsmissed
EDM - OilGagner89
COL - Ovechkin007
CGY - odishabs
MIN -

DET - fedro91
CHI - Oilfan Splat
CLB -
NASH -
STL -

undeclared:
Ktown Sens Fan 19
Modo
Halak1993

Damor and I are still discussing whether to go with 20 or 30 teams for the league. If we go with 20 we could just get rid of the Central and Southeast divisions, sorry fedro and JPav. :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So far these are the teams which are taken:

PHI - Agrudez
NYI - IslesRock4
NJD - Ken Griffey Jrs Soul
NYR - johnnydollaz89
PIT -

OTT - damor
BOS -
BUF -
MTL - strutsboa
TOR - Schenn

ATL -
CAR -
TBL -
FLA -
WAS - JPavs8Cluthcy

ANA - habsman56
DAL -
LAK -
PHO -
SJ - Hale The Villain

VAN - dsmissed
EDM - OilGagner89
COL - Ovechkin007
CGY - odishabs
MIN -

DET - fedro91
CHI - Oilfan Splat
CLB -
NASH -
STL -

undeclared:
Ktown Sens Fan 19
Mehta
Modo
Halak1993

Damor and I are still discussing whether to go with 20 or 30 teams for the league. If we go with 20 we could just get rid of the Central and Southeast divisions, sorry fedro and JPav. :sarcasm:

I say keep 30 teams..

agrudez*

I say keep 30 teams..

Well there are positives and negatives for both arguments.

20 teams pros:

-less chance of having inactive GMs
-easier to replace inactive GMs
-faster draft (important since the season is only a month away)

30 teams pros:

-more realisitc
-longer (although in this case is more of a negative, haha)
-more challenging/funner

I just don't think it is realistic to get 30 active Gm's anymore. Not to mention that we would need to get them in the league ASAP if we were to hold any remote hope of getting the league started for week 1 of the season.

I personally am leaning towards 20 teams.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Well there are positives and negatives for both arguments.

20 teams pros:

-less chance of having inactive GMs
-easier to replace inactive GMs
-faster draft (important since the season is only a month away)

30 teams pros:

-more realisitc
-longer (although in this case is more of a negative, haha)
-more challenging/funner

I just don't think it is realistic to get 30 active Gm's anymore. Not to mention that we would need to get them in the league ASAP if we were to hold any remote hope of getting the league started for week 1 of the season.

I personally am leaning towards 20 teams.

Well if we stick with this time layout we'll be fine for time. damor will need to keep up with autoing and skipped picks also which I think he'll be good for. If we all help out with lists there should be no problem.

If it goes to 20 teams I don't think i'll stay. But we'll see.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Well if we stick with this time layout we'll be fine for time. damor will need to keep up with autoing and skipped picks also which I think he'll be good for. If we all help out with lists there should be no problem.

If it goes to 20 teams I don't think i'll stay. But we'll see.

There's a reason for 20 teams, as I'll post shortly with the rule updates about to be proposed...Looking to use a combination of yahoo and capgeek to run this league which will be explained soon, as the other sites ive found just arent as interactive and easily manageable and have as many features to make it fun...So I understand if you don't wish to be a part of the league, but unfortunately we don't have the time to run a league like others in the past on these boards, so we have to look at changing it up for this league.....being realistic here and not overambitious....sorry if we lose you buddy cause definitely would want you in the league since I know you are a committed gm, but decision is yours and I understand either way....just please if you could let me know of your intentions as soon as possible

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I know of 2 Leaf Posters that I have never seen in the Mock Drafts here, but they both were in the Leafs one we did this summer, and were super active (they both ran it) I can ask them if they want to join, and maybe we can be that much closer to having 30 active teams. :dunno:

Last edited:

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
I would likely join. On Vacation until Friday so i wont be around until then, but if you have an empty team I would take one

Cheers
Juice

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Please remember everyone, the rules and penalties below are not me being a hard ass, they are being implemented to ensure this is a successful, but most importantly, an efficient, fair and competitive draft....Secondly, NOTHING IS SET IN STONE, THIS IS WHAT I AM SUGGESTING WE DO BECAUSE OF TIME CONSTRAINTS, Please voice your opinions as I do value them, however just keep in mind I had to make such drastic changes because of time constraints and the fact that yahoo only allows max of 20gms (and I really wanna use Yahoo for their cool features and tracking)

Draft Overview

20 COMMITTED GMS

1 Year Draft (not keeper league, sorry i cant deal with the many rules u guys have on these boards for those league, i really cant, and am truly sorry...If you can suggest a way to do a keeper without all those ridiculous rules I'm open to hearing your suggestions, but from what ive heard in other leagues its hard enough for all gms to last for even one season, but i hope that is not the case here)

$59.4M Salary Cap

3 co-commissioners...will be announced shortly (can send them your draft lists if you know ahead of time you will likely miss your upcoming pick/pickd, they will be helping me maintain order within this draft, so it doesnt fall apart and stays organized)

Luckily we have 2 HFBoard Moderators so far drafting with us, so please don't make them do any extra work editing/deleting your posts for not following HFBoard rules. They have been very helpful to me in the past running things and sending out mass pm's to keep us organized, so they shouldn't be forced to clean up after any of us here (If you are confused/unsure of any HFBoard rule just pm them, I'm sure they'd be glad to answer if it is a Mod-related query).

The League will be a 22 Round Dispersal Draft Draft

POSITIONS TO DRAFT: RW x 4 / LW X 4 / C X 4 / D X 6 /G X 2/ BN x 2 (There are also 2 IR Spots)

Draft Schedule will always be posted in both the excel spreadsheet and below the 'drafted players list' in the upcoming Main Drafting Thread of our league

Dispersal Draft Order to be determined at random once all 20 gm slots are filled. Order will be in the form of a "Snake Draft" (ie whoever picks last in rd 1, picks first in rd 2, and so on)

No Prospect/Entry draft....Anyone and everyone is up for grabs.....sign rfa's at your own cap risk (as we will go by their cap numbers once they've signed.....if they don't sign and leave the NHL, tough luck.....so draft them early on at your own risk)...we had to do this guys, as its a time issue and because its a one year league to start with, but open for your suggestions....just doesnt make sense to have it this time around

We will be trying something new on here for the management of this league

if we only do a 20 gm league it could be so much more competitive, as wed have better core group, things would go faster and then we could use yahoo (do a pts draft or even choose to do a rotisserie (which would be awesome in imo and can explain to those who dont know what it is)...caps wont be an issue....well use the excel doc as the cap guide....ill keep emailing everyone a new copy and posting it here everytime a new player is changed on a team or trade completed, as i will use cap geeks team fantasy cap calculator to assemble the teams and copy into the excel...this way we get the sick features of yahoo and still maintain the cap through my excel.....i really think this could work, as long as i make sure to put a hold on waiver and trade acquisitions until i can approve their cap eligibility...and you all know im on the ball with that stuff.

To help make trades based on cap use this good tool:
http://capgeek.com/trade_machine.php

RULES:

1. Once you have made your draft selection, PLEASE REMEMBER TO PM THE NEXT GM SELECTING....moves things along so much faster, so please if you could take this rule seriously.
2. During the regular season there is no limit on the number of trades that can be made, however a cap of 50 transactions is placed for the number of UFA's you can exchange for on your team (remember, every time you place or remove a player onto the IR (Injured Reserve), it counts as 2 transactions, so 50 isnt as high as it may seem) ....This can be lowered depending on majority thoughts
3. Trades must be sent in for approval. If I am not online, another commish can make a judgement and/or will get in touch with me. If none of us respond in timely manner, just post your trade and if theres an issue we will bring it to your attention.

REFERENCE:
1. Cap numbers to be taken ONLY from Capgeek.com
2. Player Positions (ie, RW/C,etc) to be taken ONLY from Yahoo.com

PENALTIES:
1. If you select a player who was already previously drafted, you will not be able to change that player until the current round has finished drafting (to make ppl do their research before making their picks...ppl shouldn't have to be babysat, we can all use CTRL + F :)
2. If you miss more than 2 Rounds, of your picks in a row, you are auto drafted players to catch up....If you miss 3 Rounds in a row you are replaced as GM

PROPOSED STAT BREAKDOWN IF WE DO PTS LEAGUE (can be changed):

PTS
Offense / Defense

G 1 / 2
A 1 / 1
+/- +/-1 / +/-1
PPG 1 / 1
SHG 2 / 3
SHA 1 / 2
GWG 2 / 2
SHO 0.1 / 0.3
HITS 0.1 / 0.1
PIM 0.1 / 0.1

BEFORE GOALIE STATS ARE ANNOUNCED....I AM OPENING THIS UP TO DEBATE...DO WE WANT TO DO A PTS LEAGUE WITH SOME OF THE VALUES ABOVE OR A ROTISSERIE (WHICH COULD BE MORE FUN AND INTERESTING TO DRAFT FOR....FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT ROTISSERIE IS, ONCE AGAIN PM ME)
If we use Yahoo, they have a really cool new addition for the waiver wire, which takes it from being based on a specific order and turns it into a bidding system, which I can explain later....but it sounds really neat and innovative..

These rules will likely be altered and added to, this is just a first draft I'm putting up here....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad