damonster's GM Game #1 Discussion Pt. 2 (1 team open)

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:sens

We really need a starting goalie, a top 3 d-man and a top 6 forward!

All prospects can be had for high end talent.

Please PM

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
no wonder peeps dont get what they're looking for, they only offer picks, prospects.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Here's an earthquake...

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

giroux.jpg

In a shocking deal, Claude Giroux is sent to Denver

:avs

Claude Giroux
Andrej Mezsaros

:flyers

Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog
Shane O'Brien​

This could be an epic trade, or a failure for the franchise.

We give up 2 great young talents in Duchene and Calder winner, Gabriel Landeskog. Instead, we get one of the best players in the NHL hands down. Claude Giroux is an elite, talented center. Matt Duchene has great potential, but he is not in the same stratosphere as Giroux. We feel like Giroux will be our new Joe Sakic. Horrible feeling giving up Landeskog as well. Players like him are tough to come by. In the end, we didn't feel like Landeskog or Duchene could ever reach the level of Giroux, who is a franchise talent at only 24 years old.

We also add Andrej Mezsaros who solidifies my defensive unit.

Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)
Barret Jackman ($3.167m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.617m)

Could possibly be the best defensive unit in the NHL. We will now pool all our resources to obtain 2 top 6 wingers.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
one that is hard to say if it's good Avs.

Improved D, definitely improved the "C line"... but man the LW/RW group is horrendous...
even I, with a sucky offense, and I'm not sure my LW/RW situation is that bad.

for Flyers it's kinda the opposite, they lost an elite talent, they now have lots of depth as wings though as Duchene is solif enough for 2nd line C... but they lost Mesz, and weakening your D when your goalie is Bryzgalov isnt such a great idea

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
one that is hard to say if it's good Avs.

Improved D, definitely improved the "C line"... but man the LW/RW group is horrendous...
even I, with a sucky offense, and I'm not sure my LW/RW situation is that bad.

for Flyers it's kinda the opposite, they lost an elite talent, they now have lots of depth as wings though as Duchene is solif enough for 2nd line C... but they lost Mesz, and weakening your D when your goalie is Bryzgalov isnt such a great idea

Oh, I know my wing situation is bad. Hopefully I have a few tricks up my sleeve... :naughty:

At the very least, I think that my team will be capable of scoring a few goals and the strength of our defense could lead us to a lot of wins.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Oh, I know my wing situation is bad. Hopefully I have a few tricks up my sleeve... :naughty:

At the very least, I think that my team will be capable of scoring a few goals and the strength of our defense could lead us to a lot of wins.

personnally I dont think either team improved much, you solidified what was already your strenght by adding Mesz, and Flyers added even more depth to the wings wich was their strenght... and both weakened areas that already needed improvements.

and huh, no offense but you dont have the best D in the league -> Hedman, Edler, Hamuis, Bieksa, Garrison...

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
Here's an earthquake...

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

giroux.jpg

In a shocking deal, Claude Giroux is sent to Denver

:avs

Claude Giroux
Andrej Mezsaros

Matt Duchene
Gabriel Landeskog
Shane O'Brien​

This could be an epic trade, or a failure for the franchise.

We give up 2 great young talents in Duchene and Calder winner, Gabriel Landeskog. Instead, we get one of the best players in the NHL hands down. Claude Giroux is an elite, talented center. Matt Duchene has great potential, but he is not in the same stratosphere as Giroux. We feel like Giroux will be our new Joe Sakic. Horrible feeling giving up Landeskog as well. Players like him are tough to come by. In the end, we didn't feel like Landeskog or Duchene could ever reach the level of Giroux, who is a franchise talent at only 24 years old.

We also add Andrej Mezsaros who solidifies my defensive unit.

Shea Weber ($7.857m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)
Barret Jackman ($3.167m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Ron Hainsey ($4.500m) / Tim Erixon ($1.750m)
Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m) / Davis Drewiske ($0.617m)

Could possibly be the best defensive unit in the NHL. We will now pool all our resources to obtain 2 top 6 wingers.

We confirm this and are very happy to ad landy and duchene. Giroux want to play first line and he couldnt do it here.

Briere - Kopitar - Voracek
Landeskog - Duchene - Versteeg
Penner - Johansson - Xxxxxxx
Fedotenko - Talbot - Rinaldo

I think we have one of the best off lines in nhl.

We are open to improve our goaltending and a 3rw

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
personnally I dont think either team improved much, you solidified what was already your strenght by adding Mesz, and Flyers added even more depth to the wings wich was their strenght... and both weakened areas that already needed improvements.

and huh, no offense but you dont have the best D in the league -> Hedman, Edler, Hamuis, Bieksa, Garrison...

Weber and Yandle >> any one of them, IMO. Having depth is one thing, but in my eyes, Shea Weber is the best defender in the NHL. And Yandle is a top 10-12. Having a true, elite, number one defenseman is pretty special. I have two.

And while I do agree with your assessment of my current situation at wing, I think the most important forward position in center. I have 3 great young centers who can help run each line effectively. My wingers will be addressed, trust me on that.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
SUPER MEGA HUGE BLOCKBUSTER

Tampa Bay has shocked the hockey world by pulling off the following trade:

:bolts
Jody Shelley

Mathieu Garon

Confirm. We are getting our backup for Bryz. And Shelley was extra forward and had complaints, he wanted to play on the 3d line. screw him.

:flyers is also putting Michael Leighton on the waivers with hoping that he will go to AHL.

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
The Predators are still very angry about the Subban situation, we are still looking to deal though. Send me offers if you some defense on the block.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA

Chara, Seidenberg, Phaneuf, Jack Johnson say hi..

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
When's the trade deadline?

Personal opinion, maybe tomorrow night or monday after the remaining UFAs sign.

I'll be at work today, so I'll get to your NTC requests when I can :)

David Jones, Carl Hagelin, Tim Erixson, Dylan McIlrath, and most of my 'spects and picks could be used to land 2 good top 6 wingers.PM me if interested!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad