Post-Game Talk: Dallas Week: not-Redskins @ not-Cowboys, 8pm EST, non-Jerry World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
How people still seriously take Holtby over Grubauer is beyond me.

I get it Holtby is good, but Grubauer is just as good but has none of Holtby's cap hit or trade value. It's the logical move if you want to keep the team competitive.

That was a series deciding save on Seguin there and Holtby doesn't make those

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I wouldn't take him seriously on that matter. It's become a running gag at this point.

It appears you are mistaken. :help:

I get it Holtby is good, but Grubauer is just as good but has none of Holtby's cap hit or trade value. It's the logical move if you want to keep the team competitive.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I love how all counterarguments are BAH GAWD I CAN'T EVEN snarkity snark and nothing more :laugh:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm saving them all for one huge laugh out loud day where we all revisit your list of ideas that would lead to a GM being fired and a franchise in ruins. ;)

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013

Sure - the best goalie in the NHL for the last two years and reigning Vezina Trophy winner NEVER makes saves like that - thanks for the comic relief.

Holtby is a steal at his current contract and there isn't a GM in the league who wouldn't drool to have a goalie like Holtby locked up the way the Caps do. Grubauer is the backup. A fantastic backup building trade value with each performance,.....but the backup.

BTW - does anyone know why the high stick on Alzner wasn't a 4 minute penalty?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There's no league-wide conspiracy against the Capitals, but I admit the refereeing has been very one-sided recently. Hopefully the refereeing part of puck-luck improves come playoff time.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Honestly I'd rather trade him than lose him to Vegas in the expansion draft. Grubi is the best option out there, and GMGM knows him very well. I can't think of a scenario in which Grubi remains with us next year, so we might as well trade him to a team looking for a permanent solution in net like the Stars or the Blues.

It has to be tempting to trade him but if anything happened to Holtby...

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Well, the thing I liked the most? One shift of Connolly (around 12:40 left in the 3rd) where he gets the puck 1 against 3, calmly gets into the zone, makes some moves, keeps the puck and waits for his teammates and then they make a play with 2 passes and a shot on goal. So nice to see, I mean - NO ****ING DUMP.

3rd line is working very nice right now.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
In the 1st period, I thought we were playing against Philadelphia Flyers :sarcasm:

The guy from 2nd line, have a problem. They pass when they need to shoot, and they shoot when they need to pass.

And what about Bura? He has the 1st goal of the game in the last four games? correct me if i'm wrong

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I saw that Raik... yep no ****ing dump!

Imagine a kid "developing" in a system based on dumps in. Or, more likely not. We often hear .... player X would be better with another year in Hershey getting top line time. No, the kid would be better developed in a system that attempts an organized attack based on retaining possession, you know, passing. Attempting to score at the beginning and all the way through shifts, not just only at the end of a shift.

I want to see Vrana in this offense. He probably cannot believe the timing of his demotion and our offensive explosion. He was not the glue, apparently.

Last edited:

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Still some trade Holtby talk floating around?

I mean, it's not like there are any examples this season of an elite team trading their experienced, proven starter in favour of a younger, cheaper backup only to have that move backfire miserably. If such an example existed maybe it would put an end to the trade Holtby crowd...

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
this holtby talk is funny. I will try a different tact. The Caps need TWO goalies. If they were to trade Holtby and Grubauer get injured, they would be doomed with a typical back up goalie.

They have depth now. An actual Vezina goalie backed up by a legit goalie.

Meanwhile. Remember all that fire Trotz talk a couple of weeks ago? If you fire Trotz you fire Korn. Enough said about all that.

Lets go back to how Alzner isn't really that good. Anyone see that 5 on 3 pk last night?

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It's still a joke, I refuse to believe he's saying this seriously. Even if it were true, he'd be the only Caps fan willing to trade 70.

It would be the most ridiculous thing to do. Last year grubs lost as many games as Holtby and Holtby won 40 more games lol..... and holtby is arguably better this year.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I love how all counterarguments are BAH GAWD I CAN'T EVEN snarkity snark and nothing more :laugh:

Okay how about this one:

Holtby is a vezina winner, he has been one of the most consistent goalies over the past few seasons, he has a significant amount of playoff experience, and he has great stats in the playoffs.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Our OT goal, I have never seen a clearer more obvious goal not called. Could it get any worse. That referee should be drug tested.

People on ludes should not drive. Name the actor who said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad