Post-Game Talk: Dallas Week: not-Redskins @ not-Cowboys, 8pm EST, non-Jerry World

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
I was trying to figure out why beagle wasnt going for a change right after he won the faceoff but i guess thats why im not the coach

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Not usually a conspiracy theory guy, but - geez - seriously, what is going on with Caps and refs?

This game I didn't mind it so much as the Stars carried the play but the goalie interference goal shouldn't have counted. With that said, the reffing has been horrendous over their dominant stretch where they have carried the play but have been on the PK much more than the PP.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Beaglchuck...he might get taken in the Vegas draft

The Caps would be insane not to protect him. He is a legitimate heart-and-soul guy for this team. Does so many things well.

If this team is ever fortunate enough to win the Cup, I sure hope beagle is here to help them lift it. Pure hustle and humility

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He made some fantastic saves...Stars are probably trying to trade for him as we speak.

Honestly I'd rather trade him than lose him to Vegas in the expansion draft. Grubi is the best option out there, and GMGM knows him very well. I can't think of a scenario in which Grubi remains with us next year, so we might as well trade him to a team looking for a permanent solution in net like the Stars or the Blues.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Honestly I'd rather trade him than lose him to Vegas in the expansion draft. Grubi is the best option out there, and GMGM knows him very well. I can't think of a scenario in which Grubi remains with us next year, so we might as well trade him to a team looking for a permanent solution in net like the Stars or the Blues.

Love grubs as a backup - but on all honesty - if he's the guy Caps are going to lose in expansion - that's not a bad deal at.

It's easier to overcome losing a guy who plays 15 or so games per year than 82.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Beagle is too old to be taken by an expansion team.

Trade Grubauer in the off season you mean? No chance they trade him in season. They might survive Holtby getting hurt with Grubauer in the playoffs. No chance with a typical back up.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Nice comeback but I hope Trotz realizes that his team gets crushed in possession with the pairs he started with tonight. Getting outshot 35-22 is unacceptable especially for a team that was just killing teams for weeks straight against a mediocre Dallas team. Go back to 9-2 and 44-88. These two pairings are first and third in THE ENTIRE NHL in score adjusted shot attempts. When they finally did go back to these pairings in the third period they started tilting the ice. Carlson being injured does not excuse disturbing the chemistry of the blue line.

Also I approve of Beagle taking the opening face off of 3v3. Possession is so important so it made no sense why he always put Kuznetsov out to take the opening faceoff. Beagle or Backstrom make much more sense.

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Beagle is too old to be taken by an expansion team.

Trade Grubauer in the off season you mean? No chance they trade him in season. They might survive Holtby getting hurt with Grubauer in the playoffs. No chance with a typical back up.

I'm not advocating trading him right now, but after the playoffs and before the draft.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I just got home from a very long day and would like to know why the **** it's always so hard to find a complete highlight package on NHL.com. Ever since MLB took it over, it makes no damned sense.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I just got home from a very long day and would like to know why the **** it's always so hard to find a complete highlight package on NHL.com. Ever since MLB took it over, it makes no damned sense.

http://www.dtmts.com

Spoiler free highlights can be fun and it's a very simple interface.

Edit: I guess the Caps game isn't available yet. Carry on.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

No way we trade him, he just snapped a 20 year curse for us. The way he's looking we probably move Holtby in the offseason to take advantage of his hype and keep GOATbauer in all honesty. It's the only way to have enough cap space for everyone going into next year and beyond

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
No way we trade him, he just snapped a 20 year curse for us. The way he's looking we probably move Holtby in the offseason to take advantage of his hype and keep GOATbauer in all honesty. It's the only way to have enough cap space for everyone going into next year and beyond

No. We don't probably do that. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad