Dallas Visit

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I would Kill for a Whataburger by me, or an In N Out, or Habit, or a Sonic even.
Wisconsin sucks
Sonic has the worst burgers. The lettuce stinks and the meat is kind of fishy. I like their other stuff fine though.

The Honey BBQ chicken strip sandwich is the way to go at Whataburger
Their chicken is the kind they used to have at grocery store delis with the really thick, hard breading that cuts up the roof of your mouth! I'm not big on their burgers, but they're the only thing edible there IMO.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
It's Texas Toast you uncultured swine.

The only thing rye bread is good for is a Reuben.

Also, nothing more on point than a thread about where to visit in any city in Texas, than it eventually turning into an argument about Whataburger. :laugh:
I'm so damned triggered right now you high falutin cantenkerous European yankee doodle son of a monkey's pet goat! Rye bread is good for anything and is a must for a real patty melt!

100% agree. We have improved the patty melt.
IT HAS BEEN DESTROYYYYYEDUUUHHH !

You want a patty melt, go to Freddy's where they do it right.

freddy-s-frozen-custard.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
ah yes, flavorless chicken. a Must stop.
They destroy Whataburger due to their customer service, food quality, and consistency. Whataburgers are generally dirty with typical fast food employees. Problem is despite the label and fast food food, it's not FAST food.

OP... Go to Terry Black's for BBQ. Find some good Tex-Mex (I've never eaten it in DFW so no idea where to go). Find a good steakhouse. Don't bother with fast food. I loved the Dallas World Aquarium.

Reactions: Gazmundo

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
They destroy Whataburger due to their customer service, food quality, and consistency. Whataburgers are generally dirty with typical fast food employees. Problem is despite the label and fast food food, it's not FAST food.
Not a problem I think I've ever had at Whataburger, but maybe that's just my Plano upbringing.

Dr Pepper shake, a Monterrey Melt, and their amazing fries top anything Freddy's has ever done, and I like Freddy's.

Though truth be told, I'd take Steak n Shake over either.

Reactions: Johno

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Sure but you don't have to visit Dallas for that
Yeah but its a premier destination. Not S tier but punches above it’s weight as an otherwise unspectacular place to visit compared to top tier cities.

Anyway what were we talking about

• Haha
Reactions: Gazmundo

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
Sounds like the Whataburger argument is covered so I'll throw out a couple of other food recommendations...

Salsa Limon - few blocks east of the aquarium - get 2 El Capitan tacos (your choice of filling but try the lingua if they have it) and a Modelo - perfect pregame meal

Whistle Britches - you'll have to Uber to Plano - worth it for the fried chicken and waffles + jalapeno syrup - follow it up with a nap

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Yeah but its a premier destination. Not S tier but punches above it’s weight as an otherwise unspectacular place to visit compared to top tier cities.

Anyway what were we talking about

I'm not sure if you're referring to Cafe Brazil as a premier destination or Harry Hines. :sarcasm:

(Side note: I had no idea there even was more than one Cafe Brazil because, a) I've not lived in Dallas for like 14 years, and b) I had only ever been to the one in Oak Lawn, lol)

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Just go to Maple and Motor you heathens.

Sounds like the Whataburger argument is covered so I'll throw out a couple of other food recommendations...

Salsa Limon - few blocks east of the aquarium - get 2 El Capitan tacos (your choice of filling but try the lingua if they have it) and a Modelo - perfect pregame meal

Whistle Britches - you'll have to Uber to Plano - worth it for the fried chicken and waffles + jalapeno syrup - follow it up with a nap

Also Whistle Britches is the tits. (chicken breast jokes lmao)

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
Terry Black's is an excellent choice for BBQ

Cattleack BBQ - Cattleack Barbeque

Lucky for you, Cattleack BBQ offers their Pits and Punch on the first Saturday of every month. It gives you a two'fer of excellent food and the experience of Texas barbeque. Most places worth a damn open before noon and are sold out a couple or three hours later...this starts at 9:00 am (don't be late) and you'll be invited to the back of the building for an informal/informative Q&A with pitmaster Todd David. Refreshments will be served. He'll answer any question you may have and there will be the added bonus of a better spot in line waiting for the doors to open. It smells incredible and everybody will be in a great mood. The side of the building has murals of Texas BBQ legends perfect for the 'Gram. You'll be offered a beer. Accept it and cross your fingers the pastrami beef ribs are on the menu that day. If not, order the sampler platter. I'll link the website because I think you need a ticket (free) for the Pits and Punch. Maybe sign up for the newsletter

Gazmundo

Feb 11, 2024
Wrexham, UK
Terry Black's is an excellent choice for BBQ

Cattleack BBQ - Cattleack Barbeque

Lucky for you, Cattleack BBQ offers their Pits and Punch on the first Saturday of every month. It gives you a two'fer of excellent food and the experience of Texas barbeque. Most places worth a damn open before noon and are sold out a couple or three hours later...this starts at 9:00 am (don't be late) and you'll be invited to the back of the building for an informal/informative Q&A with pitmaster Todd David. Refreshments will be served. He'll answer any question you may have and there will be the added bonus of a better spot in line waiting for the doors to open. It smells incredible and everybody will be in a great mood. The side of the building has murals of Texas BBQ legends perfect for the 'Gram. You'll be offered a beer. Accept it and cross your fingers the pastrami beef ribs are on the menu that day. If not, order the sampler platter. I'll link the website because I think you need a ticket (free) for the Pits and Punch. Maybe sign up for the newsletter
Thanks! That sounds very good. Just signed up to their newsletter and will keep my eye out for tickets.

Reactions: Triple Ex El

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad