Dallas Visit

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
regional fast food burger join. famous for 3am post bar hangouts, and ugly buildings.

tbh their regular burgers are just decent, it's the 'all time favorites' menu you gotta hit.

Yup the only items worth going to Whataburger for are the patty melt and honey butter chicken biscuit.

No amount of jalapenos or spicy ketchup makes their regular burgers better than at least half a dozen other fast food joints. :laugh:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Come on guys stop gatekeeping, Gazmundo needs Whataburger in his life
No it's overrated as hell. Sometimes it can be okay, sometimes terrible. It's fast food burger quality but slower than some sit down restaurants. Please don't waste your time with that Gazmundo.

Yup the only items worth going to Whataburger for are the patty melt and honey butter chicken biscuit.

No amount of jalapenos or spicy ketchup makes their regular burgers better than at least half a dozen other fast food joints. :laugh:
Nothing worse than their patty melt because it seems they popularized the idea that a patty melt is on plain white bread instead of rye.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I feel like you HAVE to go to whataburger if you’re visiting Dallas for the first time. It almost feels like a trademark lol.

It was tasty but I will say I never returned since my first time back in 2015

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Whataburger is iconic and I love it, but it is just fast food. Great to go to one time just to say you've been.

Reactions: BrettHullsToe

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Nothing worse than their patty melt because it seems they popularized the idea that a patty melt is on plain white bread instead of rye.

It's Texas Toast you uncultured swine.

The only thing rye bread is good for is a Reuben.

Also, nothing more on point than a thread about where to visit in any city in Texas, than it eventually turning into an argument about Whataburger. :laugh:

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I can’t believe yall are telling him to go to whataburger and not go for breakfast and get the jalapeño cheddar biscuit

Spotty 2 Hotty

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
oh hells.. what about CFA??

They can just wait a year so they stick to stuff they'll not have across the pond.

1707852010474.png

Though the best thing to do with CFA for breakfast is to get a chicken biscuit, but grab a bacon egg and cheese mcgriddle from McDonald's and swap the chicken to the griddle cakes and the bacon egg and cheese to the CFA biscuit. You've just improved both breakfast items immensely. They used to have a good chicken mcgriddle, but it went to shit after they stopped using the good chicken on it and just started using the old flat, dry mcchicken patty.

• Wow
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
I love Whataburger but they have burgers where he is from, y'all.

Don't go to Whataburger unless you're really craving drunk/hangover food. Frankly even if that is the case then some random taco truck would be my recommendation. Especially for someone visiting from the UK, I'd say eat as much mexican and tex/mex food as you can physically handle. Substitute BBQ brisket as needed.

Gazmundo

Feb 11, 2024
Wrexham, UK
They can just wait a year so they stick to stuff they'll not have across the pond.

View attachment 818893

Though the best thing to do with CFA for breakfast is to get a chicken biscuit, but grab a bacon egg and cheese mcgriddle from McDonald's and swap the chicken to the griddle cakes and the bacon egg and cheese to the CFA biscuit. You've just improved both breakfast items immensely. They used to have a good chicken mcgriddle, but it went to shit after they stopped using the good chicken on it and just started using the old flat, dry mcchicken patty.
Sadly where I am I’ll have to wait a lot longer than the initial launch. I’m in a small town in North Wales, so will be a fair while before we get a launch of anything new.

I do really appreciate all the tips though guys. Feel free to keep them coming!

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
If there’s some leeway in the budget, I’d explore something like El Carlos Elegante for some good grub and a great mezcal flight

Goldee’s BBQ would have been great also, but not really doable without a (rental) vehicle

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Is mezcal known outside of US/Mexico? I now desperately want to see a Welsh person's reaction to trying mezcal. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Johno

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Is mezcal known outside of US/Mexico? I now desperately want to see a Welsh person's reaction to trying mezcal. :laugh:
It has a pretty good up and coming following in Europe. Not a household booze by any means, but readily available nowadays across the old continent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad