Dallas Stars 2020-2021

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
And just to clarify on my earlier point, I wasn't saying Faksa should get up to 5 million. I was pointing our that dropping Cogliano at ~3.3M and not having to pay Faksa I'd say between 3.5M and 4M will allow us to spend on a more offensive player through free agency or get somebody out of Tampa at a reasonable price. For me, Killorn is equal to or slightly inferior defensively to Faksa however is more versatile and brings more offence. Not a crazy amount more but enough where it provides the Stars with another offensive weapon.
Yeah, no worries. Point taken. And Killorn is an interesting option, though I didn't realize that he's already in his 30's. Don't know much about him. . .

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Yes, I appreciate the civil discussion, as well.

Not sure about the identity. Yes, Ruff was run and gun, and Monty now Bones is "tough to play against, D first, 4 line hockey." Run and gun is certainly a more spectacular identity. Using 4 lines equally certainly keeps the stats down for our top players and results in fewer goals to cheer for.

Some TV guy said something like "Having Bowness is a bonus" in a playoff review. Nice wordplay, but I didn't see how 00 games of SC head coaching could help.

OT, but for the most part, fans have the Stars finishing 4th in the round robin, with Avs seemingly the top choice out of the west to make the SC finals. Not sure why. In training camps, doesn't the D usually get up to speed before the O?
I'm just still waiting on the "puck-possession" emphasis that was promised when Nill was brought in as GM and, later on, Jim Montgomery as the coach. Identity is everything, as it is what a team builds from. Nill's commitment to being cap "conservative" (not necessarily a bad thing) has led to the Stars being one piece shy for pretty much his entire tenure. And Gagliardi's meddling royally screwed-up the organizational and roster progress that was clearly being made after years of mediocrity. But, to his credit, I suppose he has every right to since he's the owner and has opened up the pocketbook to spend to the cap. Not many organizations have that luxury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad