Dallas Stars 2014 Prospect Development Camp: July 7th - 13th

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Speaking of Shore, I saw a middle aged guy there yesterday wearing a Maine jersey. I thought all along that it might be his father but after watching his interview I'm pretty sure it is. Pretty cool stuff.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
I don't get it. Is it that hard to find a presenter who is articulate? It's not like she's smoking hot to make up for it either. The way she abruptly stops and starts her sentences, and uses awkward phrasing is becoming more and more noticeable. Is she the daughter of a Stars exec or something?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Speaking of Shore, I saw a middle aged guy there yesterday wearing a Maine jersey. I thought all along that it might be his father but after watching his interview I'm pretty sure it is. Pretty cool stuff.

Since he has to pay his own way ... probably not that much more expensive. The room would essentially be the same so for the cost of an extra plane ticket you get to spend a pretty cool week with your kid and the Dallas Stars.

I'm sure they have quite a bit of notice on this stuff so if you're smart you can get some damn cheap tickets.

If you're willing to fly odd hours .... I think Spirit might even go into Toronto (here's from the Ontario area).

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't get it. Is it that hard to find a presenter who is articulate? It's not like she's smoking hot to make up for it either. The way she abruptly stops and starts her sentences, and uses awkward phrasing is becoming more and more noticeable. Is she the daughter of a Stars exec or something?

Worse in person btw.

It's so painful to watch her interviews, and I don't mean because they're so bad. I mean because they're so bad I feel bad for her. She can't possibly be watching her own interviews and self-critiquing.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Since he has to pay his own way ... probably not that much more expensive. The room would essentially be the same so for the cost of an extra plane ticket you get to spend a pretty cool week with your kid and the Dallas Stars.

I'm sure they have quite a bit of notice on this stuff so if you're smart you can get some damn cheap tickets.

If you're willing to fly odd hours .... I think Spirit might even go into Toronto (here's from the Ontario area).

I mean, I assumed mom and dad probably pay for most of these NCAA kids' tickets and lodging when they go to these things anyway. Pretty cool to go to one of these things with your kid though.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I mean, I assumed mom and dad probably pay for most of these NCAA kids' tickets and lodging when they go to these things anyway. Pretty cool to go to one of these things with your kid though.

They all have to do that. It's an NCAA rule. That's why I said for essentially just the cost of another plane ticket ... you could tag along and share the experience. Nowadays if you're pretty crafty ... plane tickets don't cost that much.

I'm agreeing with you. I'd for sure make my son drag me along ... :laugh:.I'm footing the bill so I get to meet Jim Nill the Wonder GM too.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
look for an report on Troock, didn't find one, so I guess he hasnt stand out in the camp?

thx

slim to nill*

Worse in person btw.

It's so painful to watch her interviews, and I don't mean because they're so bad. I mean because they're so bad I feel bad for her. She can't possibly be watching her own interviews and self-critiquing.

Couldn't agree more, she has to be far and away the worst. As bad as she was in the Shore video, I can honestly say it was one of her better ones. She managed to fake a smile and some what pretend to care about the person she was interviewing. She couldn't fake it there the last couple of seconds, but that makes it funnier to me anyway. TG or whoever should save some cash and just VoiceOver a cold wet dishrag with a pound of make-up that has I'm Entitled in worn puff paint.

Having spent a couple of years in Korea. Enjoy the Soju, juicy girls and penicillin.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl33 View Post
look for an report on Troock, didn't find one, so I guess he hasnt stand out in the camp?

thx

i noticed him a couple times yesterday, but nothing that much more impressive than anyone else. he is still in one piece, so there's that.

thanks for the update! yes troock healty is already a good archivement!

aisforaaron83

May 24, 2008
Just a small report on what I noticed today and throughout camp....

Vance was the most impressive. His skating looks a million times better, good hard shot too. he danced two players along the boards brought it to the high slot, danced another player and fed someone for a beauty of a goal. He has had a VERY strong camp. He leads too. You can hear him on and off the ice. Of course, it's development camp.

Desrosiers - positionally awesome. did allow a bad five hole goal in the scrimmage, but all around really good.

I think it was Rinne that had a ridiculous double pad stack late in the scrimmage, 3v3.

Ully absolutely played Kivaiho like a banjo in the scrimmage as well. it was a slow moving play with a very quick forehand-backhand that had Henri sliding the opposite direction while Ully tapped it home. beaut. However, I otherwise never noticed Ully.

Peters had a very strong goal early in the scrimmage. Also, he big.

Honka had a Nichuskin-esque run to the net, but couldn't put it home. He, however, flew over the goalie and out the other side. fun to watch. he looks infinitely better in competition than drills.

Molin has eyes in the back of his head, slows down the game (in a good way), smart defensively. may need more jump despite being a player that slows down the game. I still really like him.... sexually

Gemel Smith faked Nygren off of his skates, literally, but couldn't finish.

Dickinson is ****ing smart, didn't have to do anything incredible, always in the right spot. Shore was exactly the same. Bystrom was the defensive equivalent.

Pollock had a couple really good opportunities that he made for himself. looks like a power winger that needs to get bigger (doesn't everyone?), but he makes room for himself well. Also, not just a shooter.

Lindell and Kirolainen were battling the entire time. fun to watch. Miro is a big, big man.

Elie was strong everywhere. Always noticeable in the play, in a good way.

Hansson, Prapavessis, Makela all had good puck control and first pass. Prapavessis looked good bringing it up the ice too.

The defensive defensemen all looked fine really, hard for them to stand out in a development camp.

the bad...
Sinitsyn..... hopefully just a bad couple of days. His shot is absolutely legit at times though
Karlsson..... he was up and down, but his bad was baaaad
Paulovic..... turnovers... He did make a couple good plays too, but way overshadowed by the turnovers.
Haydon..... For the love of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, catch the puck.
Nygren..... See Smith

the indifferent..... everyone else.

thus concludes my notes.. if you disagree then I hate you. and so does your mom.

SEXUALLY

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
the bad...
Sinitsyn..... hopefully just a bad couple of days. His shot is absolutely legit at times though

Have to disagree. I thought Sinitsyn had a great camp. He stood out to me positively both offensively and defensively. He had a handful of great defensive plays in both scrimmages. Kid looks like a player to me.

Primetimey*

How do you guys rate these guys based on those scrimmages? 4 on 4 with the effort level of a beer league. lol

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
the bad...
Karlsson..... he was up and down, but his bad was baaaad
Paulovic..... turnovers... He did make a couple good plays too, but way overshadowed by the turnovers.
Haydon..... For the love of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, catch the puck.
Nygren..... See Smith

the indifferent..... everyone else.

thus concludes my notes.. if you disagree then I hate you. and so does your mom.

I agree with most of your post but I disagree about Sinitsyn. He stood out to me positively in both scrimmages, particularly the one on Thursday. He had some good moments offensively but he was very strong defensively, reading the play well and responding accordingly. He's much bigger than I thought he was, too.

How do you guys rate these guys based on those scrimmages? 4 on 4 with the effort level of a beer league. lol

Great seat you must have had up there in Manitoba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad