Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2014-15 Prospect Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klingberg

Feb 25, 2015
Hamilton, ON
Scouting Report (CHL weekend prospect update)

The CHL playoffs have arrived and it was a busy weekend. This is my first scouting report, and I will only be talking about the statistical portion of the Dallas prospects playing in the playoffs.

Western Hockey League:

Brett Pollock Center Edmonton Oil Kings

Game 1 EDM @ BDN

4-1 Edmonton Oil Kings

Pollock lead the team scoring 2 Goals, he scored the game winner mid-1st period, and added an insurance goal in the 3rd. Brett also added 1 Assist finished the game a +2 with 2 pim.

Brett Pollock was named first star of the game.

Game 2 EDM @ BDN

8-1 Brandon Wheat Kings

0G, 0A, -1 & 12 pim.

Disastrous game for the Oil Kings, Brett was handed a 10 minute misconduct at the very end of the game after the buzzer when a scrum broke out.

Game 3 BDN @ EDM

3-2 Brandon Wheat Kings

0G, 0A, -2, 0 pim.

After a strong game one, Brett has to buy into this series and start getting gritty to win battles. the past two game he's been silent, and if Edmonton is to move on, the Captain needs to lead this team to winning battles before they can win games.

Ontario Hockey League:

Brent Moran Goaltender Niagara Ice Dogs

Aaron Haydon Defenceman Niagara Ice Dogs

Game 1 NIAG @ OTT

8-5 Ottawa

Brent Moran was the back up in this contest and saw no playing time. Starting goalie Brandon Hope however let 7 goals past him on 30 shots.

Aaron Haydon was virtually unheard of in this game which as a defenceman isn't such a bad thing.

0G, 0A, +/- 0, 0 pim.

Game 2 NIAG @ OTT

Brandon Hope started his 2nd straight contest hoping to bounce back off of a 8-5 loss. He let 3 goals in on 10 shots paving the way for Brent Moran, who unfortunately was dreadful allowing 5 goals on 10 shots.

Aaron Haydon had zero points come game to but was on the ice to make him a -2 and he also got into a fight in the first period of the game with Ottawa's Brendan Bell.

Game 3 OTT @ NIAG Tonight @ 7pm

Remi Elie Left Wing Erie Otters

Game 1 Sarnia @ Erie

3-2 Sarnia

1 G, 0 A, +1, 2pim

Remi was awarded the second star of the game in this loss

Game 2 Sarnia @ Erie

3-1 Erie

1 G, 1 A, +1, 0 pim

Remi was awarded the first star of the game.

Game 3 Erie @ Sarnia

6-5 Erie

0 G, 0 A, +2, 4 pim

Remi has had a hot start to the playoffs for Erie, was a little quiet in game three but hopefully he can fire it back up.

Jason Dickenson Center Guelph Storm

Game 1 OS @ GUE

6-1 Owen Sound

1 G, 0 A, +1, 0 pim

was a disappointing game in front of the home crowd for the Storm.

Game 2 OS @ GUE

5-4 (OT) Guelph

1 G, 0 A, 6 pim

This sums up the Dallas Stars prospect first weekend of playoffs in the CHL

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
love Remi Elie in Erie, great player. Decent size but a great skater and he plays very physical, committed to the 2 way game. Dallas has a good one there.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
love Remi Elie in Erie, great player. Decent size but a great skater and he plays very physical, committed to the 2 way game. Dallas has a good one there.

Great to hear. Thanks for the scouting report!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can't believe some were saying he wasn't even worth a draft pick, much less a second shortly after being drafted.

Boy, is he proving them wrong.

Glad to see he's developing so well.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Janmark with the GWG. Game ended 1-0 Frölunda.
Stepping up when they need him the most. Frölunda still alive thanks to that goal, 5 games in to the semis, 2-3.

Last edited:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Big night for the T-Stars:

Honka: 2 assists
Shore: 1 goal
Ritchie: 1 goal
Smith: 1 goal
Stransky: 1 assist
:yo:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Big night for the T-Stars:

Honka: 2 assists
Shore: 1 goal
Ritchie: 1 goal
Smith: 1 goal
Stransky: 1 assist
:yo:

I'm assuming Ritchie will be up with the main roster next year, but my goodness am I excited to see what Honka will be able to do next year. Not to mention its quite an exciting class of rookie T-stars next year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
His stat line has been quite impressive for an 18 year old. Wish I could've seen him play, but I wasn't able to get up to CP this season.

hagan88

May 19, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Just curious what is the max potential of some of our U20 top prospects?

Just a couple to think about. Nuke, Dickinson, Honka, Desrosiers, Haydon, Bystrom, Shore, Pollock, Elie?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Max potential?

Nuke - Impactful first liner.
Dickinson - Strong two-way second liner or weaker first liner. Better skating Stepan, maybe?
Honka - First pairing PMD, like Enstrom.
Desrosiers - Who knows...goalies...I give up...I doubt he ever has a 20-goal season, how about that?
Haydon - Max, maybe, a #4...he'd need some puck skills for that though...
Pollock - Probably a long shot to be a first line winger, but he could be an impactful top-six forward down the line.
Elie - Could be a complementary scorer down the line.

Bystrom and Shore are not 95's or 96's...

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Season over for Janmark and Frölunda. Frölundas best player in the playoffs and I was really high on him even before that. I'd love to have him on the Indians for another season but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't called over.

Timani

Season over for Janmark and Frölunda. Frölundas best player in the playoffs and I was really high on him even before that. I'd love to have him on the Indians for another season but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't called over.

So there is a team in Sweden that has an Indian as it's nickname? Is that not a little bit weird? No biggie, just wondering.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Their logo and color scheme are pretty sharp too.

5433.jpg

Dallas loves drafting out of Frolunda. They've taken several prospects out of that organization.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
So there is a team in Sweden that has an Indian as it's nickname? Is that not a little bit weird? No biggie, just wondering.

Yeah, I don't get it.

If indian is short form for indigenous..? Maybe? But I know nothing about Swedish/Nordic culture, I can't really comment. Maybe it's to reference the indigenous people from the past? But then their logo....

Strange.. Where the Swedes at?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Do you expect super originality from team nicknames? It's tough to come up with something fitting and cool sounding but it's easy to look at other teams you think are good and slightly change their setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad