Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2014-15 Prospect Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
"Mattias has done a tremendous job of excelling in the Swedish Hockey League at a young age," said Nill. "He will spend the playoffs with Texas and we're excited to watch how he contributes to that team and develops as a player."

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
what are chances hes the first injury call up?

I feel that if Ritchie and Mckenzie make the team out of training camp that he is next on depth chart moving past Faksa and Glennie. Only thing i can think of that would stop him from being called up is lack of experience in north america.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
what are chances hes the first injury call up?

I feel that if Ritchie and Mckenzie make the team out of training camp that he is next on depth chart moving past Faksa and Glennie. Only thing i can think of that would stop him from being called up is lack of experience in north america.

From what I've read, he's going to be staying in Frolunda next season (can provide the link if needed, but it's in Swedish). So doubt he's the first call up. Only an emergency guy.

Otherwise, really intrigued to see how he does. Have followed Janmark for a few seasons now and he's a really interesting prospect. Hope he eventually comes to the NHL, he's already an electric player in Sweden.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
That sucks it seems like hes ready to make the transition to North America.

Is it because of a contract or he just feels he needs 1 more season of development before making the jump?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
From what's been stated the contract is Frolunda is contingent upon whether he'd be the 1st guy called up from Texas. Even though he'll probably start the year in the AHL if Dallas tells him he's their 1st or 2nd callup and he'll get chances in the NHL he said he'd come over. If Dallas feels he's further away or that some combination of Faksa, Glennie, Shore, or Dickinson are ahead of him then he'll return to Sweden for one more year.

That's why him coming over the play in the AHL playoffs is so important. If he looks good and convinces Nill and company they'll make room in Austin and bring him over to compete in training camp. They're going to give him a chance to earn a job and now it's up to him to seize it.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
This Janmark sounds like he could be a pretty good one.

I never really looked into Backman or Janmark too much after the Cole trade, but Janmark specifically seems like if given the opportunity could turn into a solid player for us.

Also I'm loving all the players Texas is loading up with, wasn't too high on them during the year, but with Campbell's return to form, and all the ATO and callups heading into the playoffs this is exciting.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I never really looked into Backman or Janmark too much after the Cole trade, but Janmark specifically seems like if given the opportunity could turn into a solid player for us.

Also I'm loving all the players Texas is loading up with, wasn't too high on them during the year, but with Campbell's return to form, and all the ATO and callups heading into the playoffs this is exciting.

Yeah. The T-Stars gonna be tough to play against. First game is tonight right??

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Campbell in net tonight. Gave up 3. T-Stars are now in a big hole. Down 2-0 in the series. 1 loss away from elimination.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Esa Lindell wins the "Pekka Rautakallio" award for best defenseman in Liiga.

Got a total of 187 votes when the second best, Lasse Kukkonen, got 52.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Lindell on fire at the World's right now. Looks deadly... Geeze having Klingberg and Lindell as late round surprises is crappy for Honka haha... he may be stuck in minors for a while!!..

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Lindell on fire at the World's right now. Looks deadly... Geeze having Klingberg and Lindell as late round surprises is crappy for Honka haha... he may be stuck in minors for a while!!..

What a bad problem to have :naughty: :D

He can marinate down there for a few years. Klingberg and Lindell have had the luxury of playing against men for a few seasons and being a little older. That always helps too.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What a bad problem to have :naughty: :D

He can marinate down there for a few years. Klingberg and Lindell have had the luxury of playing against men for a few seasons and being a little older. That always helps too.

also helps in the trade department too. Its the best when there are surprise prospects that do well... other teams will want them. Gives way more options to teams

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ritchie ranks #36 in HF's Spring rankings.

Honka should be top 30, but I'm not holding my breath.

If Klingberg is still classified, I think he has a case for being top 10. He is on the Stars' page, but I'm not sure if that still counts.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Ritchie ranks #36 in HF's Spring rankings.

Honka should be top 30, but I'm not holding my breath.

If Klingberg is still classified, I think he has a case for being top 10. He is on the Stars' page, but I'm not sure if that still counts.

John Klingberg has graduated despite the fact that he's still on our hockeysfuture page. He's played 65 games, so he's no longer a prospect by HF's standards.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
John Klingberg has graduated despite the fact that he's still on our hockeysfuture page. He's played 65 games, so he's no longer a prospect by HF's standards.

I thought as much, was too tired to check the specifics though. Thanks.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
He didn't exactly light it up in his brief AHL cameo. I think he needs some time to adapt his game to the NA style before he pushes for icetime on the big club. As of right now, he's still gotta pass up Honka and Oleksiak needs to be removed from the picture (likely, but not guaranteed) in order for Lindell to get icetime on the Stars due to injury...unless we get hit with the injury bug really bad. You also have to predict we add another top 4 vet at some point here. We shall see. I'm relatively high on him and I think he'll eventually crack the Stars top 6, even if it's not next season.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He didn't exactly light it up in his brief AHL cameo. I think he needs some time to adapt his game to the NA style before he pushes for icetime on the big club. As of right now, he's still gotta pass up Honka and Oleksiak needs to be removed from the picture (likely, but not guaranteed) in order for Lindell to get icetime on the Stars due to injury...unless we get hit with the injury bug really bad. You also have to predict we add another top 4 vet at some point here. We shall see. I'm relatively high on him and I think he'll eventually crack the Stars top 6, even if it's not next season.

I'd bet you Lindell is ahead of Honka due to age and size no matter how well he played this year. Yes he has to pass Oleksiak but I think that'll be taken care of one way or the other before Lindell gets assigned to Texas. Either Oleksiak is playing in Dallas or he's gone. Lindell appears to be the first guy they'll call up due to injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad