Apr 1, 2007
We need Geertsen

giphy.webp

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I wouldn’t break up Jack and Mercer with the groove they’re in, but Johnsson-Mercer-Bratt was magic together. Don’t think they’ll do it though.

Changing the lines is a good idea, but I also doubt they would do this. That line was only good for about 3 weeks at the beginning of last season, and I don't think that chemistry would come back right away, especially with Johnsson coming in after a long time on the bench.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

As predicted so many times by me, Pete allows his boys to coast against Pitts, allowing a game winner with a half a minute left in regulation. Thanks for nothing Pete. And also allows a division rival 2 points, as they quickly approach us in the standings. Typical.

They'll also lose to WSH and Rawly on this trip. Book it. WSH will have passed us in the standings by the new year and Rawly long before that.

And to make matters worse it will be Wedge that beats us, while we're salivating over the return of MBW29, who should have been the one to be waived last year instead of Wedge. Thanks again for that one Fitz.

#NowWePlummet

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 620923
As predicted so many times by me, Pete allows his boys to coast against Pitts, allowing a game winner with a half a minute left in regulation. Thanks for nothing Pete. And also allows a division rival 2 points, as they quickly approach us in the standings. Typical.

They'll also lose to WSH and Rawly on this trip. Book it. WSH will have passed us in the standings by the new year and Rawly long before that.

And to make matters worse it will be Wedge that beats us, while we're salivating over the return of MBW29, who should have been the one to be waived last year instead of Wedge. Thanks again for that one Fitz.

#NowWePlummet
Everything that guy just said was bullshit

Other than the part about MBW

And f*** Pete too

th (7).jpg

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Everything that guy just said was bullshit

Other than the part about MBW

And f*** Pete too

View attachment 620930
I don't know. DD made some good points. You should rebut them more extensively. The only thing you two can agree on is that NJ could really use Blackwood to get back from injury to right the ship.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
If we lose to arguably the best team in the West (certainly top 3), on a back to back, can we PLEASE not have a meltdown. I'm all about complaining about calls/plays. But this end of the world stuff is literally embarrassing. Some of us acting like a petulant child who got his NHL 2k perfect season thrown off.

We are currently 21W-5L-2OTL
We have 8 games left for the year.
If we lose all of them, the worst-case Ontario would be 21W-13L-2OTL for the year 2022.

Here is some perspective because I don't want to work. I picked an older season where we were still a consensus top 5 team in the league (only 3 teams had more regular season points than us).

2002-2003 – month of December
14 games played

5 regulation wins
2 overtime wins

6 combined losses (no loser point)
1 tie

Record at the end of 2002: 20W - 10L - 3Ties

Worst case scenario of end of 2022: 21W – 13L – 2OTL

So… current record against a past record of ours when we were a top 5 NHL team. Yes… hot streak, cooling down. But you have to take the good with the bad. If I told anybody on this board that they could sign up instantly for this record at the end of 2022 - nobody declines.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
If we lose to arguably the best team in the West (certainly top 3), on a back to back, can we PLEASE not have a meltdown. I'm all about complaining about calls/plays. But this end of the world stuff is literally embarrassing. Some of us acting like a petulant child who got his NHL 2k perfect season thrown off.

We are currently 21W-5L-2OTL
We have 8 games left for the year.
If we lose all of them, the worst-case Ontario would be 21W-13L-2OTL for the year 2022.

Here is some perspective because I don't want to work. I picked an older season where we were still a consensus top 5 team in the league (only 3 teams had more regular season points than us).

2002-2003 – month of December
14 games played

5 regulation wins
2 overtime wins

6 combined losses (no loser point)
1 tie

Record at the end of 2002: 20W - 10L - 3Ties

Worst case scenario of end of 2022: 21W – 13L – 2OTL

So… current record against a past record of ours when we were a top 5 NHL team. Yes… hot streak, cooling down. But you have to take the good with the bad. If I told anybody on this board that they could sign up instantly for this record at the end of 2022 - nobody declines.
tl;dr:

vince-vaughn-negative-town-wedding-crashers-td56tsygjgm9t7g6.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
View attachment 620923

#NowWePlummet

You need to make a GDT with this type of shtick, :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You need to make a GDT with this type of shtick, :laugh:
Believe me, I was thinking about it for yesterday's before it was claimed.

But I also thought it might bring bad vibes with the Rangers worshipping (even if satirical and fake) and and bring bad luck.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Believe me, I was thinking about it for yesterday's before it was claimed.

But I also thought it might bring bad vibes with the Rangers worshipping (even if satirical and fake) and and bring bad luck.

Do it for the January or March game we have the Rangers at Prudential barring those games aren't massive standings wise, lol.

Reactions: Bleedred

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Wedgewood has been SOLID, .908 save % in today’s league is great. He always plays us well so we need to be sharp.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wedgewood has been SOLID, .908 save % in today’s league is great. He always plays us well so we need to be sharp.
It's not great, but it's a little above average. League average right now is .905%, but it was .904% after last night's combined .945% in the 6 games played.

I think we've only played him once?

It was a shutout.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember any other time other than that one time in 2017.

I thought they were gonna start him against us last year when we played Arizona, but I was surprised it was Vejmelka both times.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's not great, but it's a little above average. League average right now is .905%, but it was .904% after last night's combined .945% in the 6 games played.

I think we've only played him once?

It was a shutout.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember any other time other than that one time in 2017.

I thought they were gonna start him against us last year when we played Arizona, but I was surprised it was Vejmelka both times.
Yes, his only appearance against us was one of his 5 career shutouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA