GDT: Dallas Stars (16-8-5) @ New Jersey Devils (21-5-2), 7 PM, MSG, BSSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Trying not to get too concerned about the team big picture, but this is a really tough spot. Second half of a back-to-back while the team is already seemingly in a rut, against a bigger heavier team who is just as offensively skilled as us coming off their own loss. Oh and Deboer...and we never seem to beat our old coaches.

Under different circumstances I would shrug away a loss given all these factors, but the issue is that it would be three in a row. Who knows if that causes a spiral.

Really hoping the coaching staff is on the ball with making the necessary tweaks and the boys can tough out a victory to avoid any further negative energy ( and continue proving they are the real deal).

Stars are SLOW. And it’s 3 in 4 for them. More travel for them too. We can skate them into the ground but need to clean up the breakdowns on the rush.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Trying not to get too concerned about the team big picture, but this is a really tough spot. Second half of a back-to-back while the team is already seemingly in a rut, against a bigger heavier team who is just as offensively skilled as us coming off their own loss. Oh and Deboer...and we never seem to beat our old coaches.

Under different circumstances I would shrug away a loss given all these factors, but the issue is that it would be three in a row. Who knows if that causes a spiral.

Really hoping the coaching staff is on the ball with making the necessary tweaks and the boys can tough out a victory to avoid any further negative energy ( and continue proving they are the real deal).

I sure hope there are some tweaks for tonight. I too trying not too much into it as the big picture since the big picture is still good.

But with you on this.. Feels like a trap...

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Stars are SLOW. And it’s 3 in 4 for them. More travel for them too. We can skate them into the ground but need to clean up the breakdowns on the rush.
I'm not so sure the Stars are all that slow this year. This isn't the same team you might recall from seasons past.

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
If Ruff were ever going to make some changes to the lineup, this would seem to be the game. 2nd game of a back-to-back with the team in a rut. Feels like we might see Johnsson and/or Bahl in the lineup tonight, along with Schmid.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Dallas is also in their 3rd city in 4 nights and also on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, so there should be no excuses.

Heiskanen plays a ton of minutes. Between 26:50-30:05 over the past 5 games and averaging 25:31 for the season.

Hamilton is our highest skater at 21:49 ATOI for the season.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
you guys can do whatever you want, but to me, this is a wedding crashers thread now.

giphy.webp

LGD

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Like I said yesterday, they need to do something to get that 4th line going. Not even going honestly, but so it isn't a complete liability out there and they can roll 4 lines.

Shortening the bench in the last minutes of the game is no problem but they can't be doing it from the 2nd onwards. Not with how this team wants to play. Get Holtz out of there and put in Johnsson or something. Anything.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I wouldn’t break up Jack and Mercer with the groove they’re in, but Johnsson-Mercer-Bratt was magic together. Don’t think they’ll do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad