Proposal: Dallas Re-tool

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
This is one of the wildest rides I have ever been on but definite yes to the Montreal trade but only if you throw in Benn or Seguin that is a must

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
First, it is said the winner of the trade is usually the team that gets the best player. While Miro is still a prospect, he is long term probably the most valuable player in the deal, so Stars lose in the quality for quantity deal.

Second, they don't really need a deal like this to jettison Spezza, et al., and sign many others. Why take the chance on trading a Shaw and/or why acquire him if he doesn't fit?

The only value would be if the players acquired (plus, barring lottery, picking up a few spots in the order) fill the needs we have?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't think either of those trades are very realistic. Dallas needs depth forwards more than anything, the should fire their GM and get one who can draft even passably well, could be ready to win in a few years if they make some shrewd trades for depth and draft with even close to average success.

They already have the hardest parts in place - elite level 1C, game changing winger and an excellent two way 1D.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Dallas is not moving Heiskanen, especially for that package.

I don't remember exactly who that NHL reporter was who mentioned Heiskanen's name in Erik Karlsson's trade speculation earlier this year. Yes it's not likely Dallas trades Heiskanen but in NHL everything is possible.

When Wayne Gretzky has got traded in late 80's i don't see any reason why that can't happen to Heiskanen too.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Good lord this is bad. As others said MTL doesnt have a player in their system I would consider moving Heiskanen for. There simply isnt a player who is talented enough and young enough to consider moving him for. Also based on the lines you drew up and the pairing its pretty clear you dont watch Dallas play

Here is a better game plan. Keep heiskanen, then we dont have to trade pick for Brodie. Sign a top 6 winger as a UFA and get a new coach. Much simpler and better

Also the thought of keeping Pateryn makes me sick

Reactions: go4hockey

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Dallas' hole is secondary scoring. they do not need to move a 2018 1st and the top d prospect to fill it

Reactions: go4hockey

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
They’d be comfortably in the playoffs save for an extremely bizarre month of March (it’s really hard to lose 8 games in a row, regardless of how good/bad you actually are). There will definitely be some tinkering to the roster, but I doubt any major overhaul will take place nor do I think it’s needed.

Maybe they trade for Patches from Montreal, or go after a UFA winger, but next years Stars team won’t look too much different, and that’s ok.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Everyone's mad about the Habs proposal, but 2 2nds and a 3rd for Brodie?

Was just about to post the exact same thing.

Obviously the Dallas trade is horrible but this dumpster fire offer isn’t getting nearly enough vitriol.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Not really, they didn't really lose anybody and just added Radulov, Bishop and Methot to go for it. Pretty disappointing season, I thought they'd finish second in the central
Agree. After the top line and Klingberg it was a disaster. Will Hitch be safe?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I do think Dallas should re-tool, just not like this. I'm on board with dumping a few of the guys that don't do a lot for the team (Ritchie, Spezza, and Shore) if we are able to gain some better players through trade or signings. Any players that can provide offensive support are welcome.

I'm done with Hitch too

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Is scoring the biggest need for Dallas? Im just asking as I don't get to see them play much at all. Maybe they take a run at JVR? I have no clue what their cap situation is.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My brain hurts reading this.

And I always hate how OP’s post what their rosters looks like afterward, while ignoring what the other teams involved in the trade’s rosters look like.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dallas is in such limbo IMO. They have a lot of good young pieces but a lot of pieces that if they wait a few years, it's really bad diminishing returns. Spezza is getting old, they still don't have a solution in net, Benn likely declines in two years before they are ready to win anything , Seguin will need a huge raise, the defense still isn't solidified.

Not saying Benn or seguin should be traded but they should definitely clear spezza if they can for a max return, maybe even radulov, because he holds no near term value to them over what he can return in a trade. Hell, even he turns 32 this summer

Colton Point and Jake Oettinger aren't solutions in net?

Reactions: joshik

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Saw the username and knew that a horrible Habs trade was just one click away. Was not disappointed.

Heiskanen should be off limits for anything that does not resemble what Heiskanen will likely be in three years. Montreal has nothing I would be interested in, anyway.

Reactions: Rangers_23

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
Benn - Seguin - Ritchie
van Riemsdyk - Spezza - Radulov
Janmark - Faksa - Hintz
Shore - Hanzal - Pitlick

Lindell - Klingberg
Methot - Honka
Heiskanen - Johns

Bishop/Hutton

Benn - Spezza - Radulov
Seguin - Klingberg

Janmark - Hintz - van Riemsdyk
Shore - Honka

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
No one even got down to James Neal signing for 5x5... unless there's another Neal I'm forgetting. He's going to get the Okposo special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad