GDT: Dallas @ Nashville 7pm 2/25/13 Bridgestone Arena

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds... However I did find some amusement in this thread, praising whoever put Robidas into the open door... That's pretty pathetic. Very dangerous situation. But those are the same people who loved Tootoo so what can ya do....

how is it amusing if its pathetic? Kind of conflicting feelings, no?

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Weber may have only shown up on the scoresheet with one assist tonight, but the game completely changed after his Webersmash.

Nothing is better than a pissed-off Shea Weber. Angry Shea is the best Shea!
Weber played great all game. I guess he's just finally getting it all together this year, but he was awesome all night, even before he was angry. Once in the 1st period he broke up the stars passes at least 3 times during one stars possession. He was just everywhere tonight. Then he got angry...

Insanepredator

Jan 14, 2012
LaVergne
www.youtube.com
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage. :yo:

Saw two people in Hurricanes jerseys at the game last night and wondered if there was a story to that. Looks like I got my answer.

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds... However I did find some amusement in this thread, praising whoever put Robidas into the open door... That's pretty pathetic. Very dangerous situation. But those are the same people who loved Tootoo so what can ya do....

Funny you should mention Robidas and Toots in the same post - Ahhhh, good times, good times...

I sincerely hope Dillon gets to meet Big Ern next game. He took several liberties last night that he needs to be held accountable for.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds.....

Maybe I did misread that and if so that is my bad, but someone commented on "a loss to a terrible team" and then someone followed up with the Columbus comment.

No big deal though

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
If only Shea would play mad ALL the time! That's when he's at his best.

And Tootoo who? I'm beginning to forget that he was a Pred for 8 seasons. Clune has assumed the role and is playing real well. Let's get that jaw guard off and watch him go to town on Fiddler's face.

Go Preds!!

I did laugh at the story Engblom told about Clune and Fiddler yapping at each other from the benches.

Clune: Just wait two weeks until I get my face guard off.

Fiddler: You aren't even going to be here in two weeks.

Then he says a bunch of players on both benches are laughing at them. :laugh:

Edit: Crap, I see someone else has already beaten me to this.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I did laugh at the story Engblom told about Clune and Fiddler yapping at each other from the benches.

Clune: Just wait two weeks until I get my face guard off.

Fiddler: You aren't even going to be here in two weeks.

Then he says a bunch of players on both benches are laughing at them. :laugh:

Edit: Crap, I see someone else has already beaten me to this.

no, its good I was asking for clarification as to whether this was really said or not...

thats freaking hilarious, and Fiddler certainly had his time when it was unclear if he'd still be in the lague or not, so he might want to pipe down...

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
how is it amusing if its pathetic? Kind of conflicting feelings, no?

It is amusing because it shows just how ignorant some people are. Any comment praising a very dangerous play, especially if intentional, is something only a very immature person would say. But, oh well... Can't wait for the next Stars-Preds game

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Weber played great all game. I guess he's just finally getting it all together this year, but he was awesome all night, even before he was angry. Once in the 1st period he broke up the stars passes at least 3 times during one stars possession. He was just everywhere tonight. Then he got angry...

Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.

Trotz: "Key moment was when Weber got upset down 4-2. Our bench lit up. I think we outshot them about 22-6 after that."

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It is amusing because it shows just how ignorant some people are. Any comment praising a very dangerous play, especially if intentional, is something only a very immature person would say. But, oh well... Can't wait for the next Stars-Preds game

spare me the holier than thou crap... part of the attraction of sport is we can vicariously let our "dark side" show a little.... nobody here would actually be glad if Robidas (who is a feminine hygeine product in the eyes of Preds fans) got hurt but we can vicariously enjoy him getting a little comeuppance, even if it is a "dirty" play...

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.

as noted I missed the game but have seen this referenced... can you explain what happened??

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage. :yo:
Reading this made me laugh at first, as it's my instinct to think this is a ridiculous statement. Then I remembered Klein is actually good now.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
as noted I missed the game but have seen this referenced... can you explain what happened??

He got high sticked by someone and was skating to the bench bleeding. Realizing the play was headed back into our zone he skated back without his stick and destroyed a guy in the corner and then a few moment later a guy is skating up the middle and he destroys him with another check. Play is whistled dead. Stars guys start chirping at Weber when Yip steps in and goes with Nystrom. Weber was in beast mode. Absolutely destroyed the two Stars players.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He got high sticked by someone and was skating to the bench bleeding. Realizing the play was headed back into our zone he skated back without his stick and destroyed a guy in the corner and then a few moment later a guy is skating up the middle and he destroys him with another check. Play is whistled dead. Stars guys start chirping at Weber when Yip steps in and goes with Nystrom. Weber was in beast mode. Absolutely destroyed the two Stars players.

nice. at $14M we need THAT Weber to be there every night...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Does anyone happen to remember when that happened? I didn't get home until just before we made it 4-3. I know it was 4-2 but I don't know how long of a time frame that was. I'd like to go back and see the Weber stuff.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
spare me the holier than thou crap... part of the attraction of sport is we can vicariously let our "dark side" show a little.... nobody here would actually be glad if Robidas (who is a feminine hygeine product in the eyes of Preds fans) got hurt but we can vicariously enjoy him getting a little comeuppance, even if it is a "dirty" play...
Haha alright chief. Though I don't really see how preds fans consider robidas a ******, especially if you're going off the tootoo incident.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Haha alright chief. Though I don't really see how preds fans consider robidas a ******, especially if you're going off the tootoo incident.

actually I was going by him high sticking hornqvist in the face after horns scored our third goal last night.... but regardless, he should be named "Massengil" Robidas...

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Not to mention it looked like he went over to our bench and told the guys to get their head out of their posteriors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad