GDT: Dallas @ Nashville 7pm 2/25/13 Bridgestone Arena

gopreds19

Formerly gobears19
Nov 10, 2008
Houston
Really an exciting game tonight, felt like a playoff game. You could tell the boys really cared. Weber went into beast mode, great game from Josi and Hornqvist, Fisher had a really nice game as well.

Just really good to see the boys play with a lot of heart. Best game of the season. Hopefully we build off this one.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Really an exciting game tonight, felt like a playoff game. You could tell the boys really cared. Weber went into beast mode, great game from Josi and Hornqvist, Fisher had a really nice game as well.

Just really good to see the boys play with a lot of heart. Best game of the season. Hopefully we build off this one.

Good timing indeed, have a 3 game road trip coming up, hopefully build on this on the road.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Great game although those back to back goals by the Stars took some life out of the building. It got back on track pretty quick though with all the 2nd period action.

Nearly fell out of my seat when LF scored the tie goal in the 3rd. :laugh:

Vandy had a small section of their band there, hence the tuba sounds coming through your televisions.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah, I think Preds/Stars is soon going to be a great rivalry, if it isn't already.

And on a side note, if you want some amusement, head over to the Stars boards- they are bemoaning a loss to a "horrible team", with some comparing it to losing to Columbus or Calgary.

I couldn't help myself, so I had to remind them that not only are we ahead of them in the standings this year, but have also finished ahead of them the past 4 seasons!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
One more note- I just realized that we are actually 8-4-2 in the past 14 games- that just does not seem possible, does it?- it certainly feels like 4-8-2, but I will take it...

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Weber may have only shown up on the scoresheet with one assist tonight, but the game completely changed after his Webersmash.

Nothing is better than a pissed-off Shea Weber. Angry Shea is the best Shea!

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
If only Shea would play mad ALL the time! That's when he's at his best.

And Tootoo who? I'm beginning to forget that he was a Pred for 8 seasons. Clune has assumed the role and is playing real well. Let's get that jaw guard off and watch him go to town on Fiddler's face.

Go Preds!!

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
The good: I love the nicknames we're giving some of our players this season.
The bad: The nicknames are because of suckitude.

What's the deal with Farquaad? Like that guy from Shrek? Someone explain this to me!

Can't remember if I've seen Yoshi here, but that's what I always think of.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Also, I really want my friend Josie to somehow meet and marry him so her name can be Josie Josi.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
What's the deal with Farquaad? Like that guy from Shrek? Someone explain this to me!

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Also, I really want my friend Josie to somehow meet and marry him so her name can be Josie Josi.
yes lord farquaad from shrek. they look strikingly similar

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage. :yo:

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage. :yo:

Thanks so much for the kind words and making the trip. I saw you during pre-skate, and was reminded of a wonderful sign from some Caniacs in the Fangtastic 2011 playoff run. It alluded to "Southern Hockey Towns" sticking together, and right there I made it a point to move Carolina up as a favorite Eastern Conference team. Best of luck to you as well- let's meet up for a best of seven sometime late this May and June!!

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Yeah, I think Preds/Stars is soon going to be a great rivalry, if it isn't already.

And on a side note, if you want some amusement, head over to the Stars boards- they are bemoaning a loss to a "horrible team", with some comparing it to losing to Columbus or Calgary.

I couldn't help myself, so I had to remind them that not only are we ahead of them in the standings this year, but have also finished ahead of them the past 4 seasons!

Will be a great rivalry soon. However you were wrong about the stars board. That post was simply saying that since we can't beat Columbus/Calgary, how are we going to expect to beat the preds... However I did find some amusement in this thread, praising whoever put Robidas into the open door... That's pretty pathetic. Very dangerous situation. But those are the same people who loved Tootoo so what can ya do....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad