GDT: Dallas @ Nashville 7pm 2/25/13 Bridgestone Arena

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Hey Nashville fans! I've been a Carolina Hurricanes fan since 2001 and attended tonight's game as my first away game ever. I've been a vague Nashville fan for a long time since us southern hockey teams have to stick together. Anyhow, I really enjoyed the game and the hospitality was nice. Despite my girlfriend and I strangely wearing Canes jerseys, the people around us were all kind.

I thought Fisher had a great game all night, as did Roman Josi. I was telling my girlfriend all about Nashville's special players and sure enough all of them made good and got on the scoreboard. As a Canes fan, I would do near anything to get Kevin Klein on my team since he brings a steady, positional presence on the blueline and our blueline is hurting bad. Although Rinne wasn't at his best (he's usually impossible to score on when we play him), he had several solid glove saves and shut out the Stars for the 1st and 3rd periods.

So thank you all for your hospitality! Going to a downtown arena was a lot of fun. Furthermore, it's awesome seeing hockey thrive in another southern state. I hope you guys make the playoffs and do some damage. :yo:

You picked a good game to go to if you're a Fisher fan, since that's pretty much the only time he's been visible all year.

Glad you enjoyed the game and the atmosphere.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.

yes, the entire team played off that emotion. This is where I think Trotz calms them down a little too much. I think you need a leader with emotion. You can play with emotion and discipline at the same time.

Angry Shea, emotional Shea can fire up the whole team, and I can't believe that no one there sees or encourages that.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
yes, the entire team played off that emotion. This is where I think Trotz calms them down a little too much. I think you need a leader with emotion. You can play with emotion and discipline at the same time.

Angry Shea, emotional Shea can fire up the whole team, and I can't believe that no one there sees or encourages that.

I encourage it from 331.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
actually I was going by him high sticking hornqvist in the face after horns scored our third goal last night.... but regardless, he should be named "Massengil" Robidas...

I'll leave the preds board after this post. Not trying to troll at all, but did that really look like an intentional high stick? May have been a high stick, but not a malicious one

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
It was originally thought that Jagr clipped him with a high stick. The guys on twitter said it looked like it was Erat though. So, um, good job marty. 2 PIMS and a pissed off captain. should count for a hatty in fantasy

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Someone said Roman Empire earlier. I dig that one
That was mine thanks for 2nd me. Maybe someone can create a Yoshi from Nintendo dressed as a Roman Centurian avatar. I'm dropping the $crew you $uter after March 9th and need a new look. I'm thinking We should name our guys after Roman Gods.
Jupiter - Shea Weber (his slap shot is a bolt of Lightening)
Vulcan - Mike Fisher (married to Venus er Carrie Underwood)
Mars - Clune (god of war)
Pluto - Rinne (where shots go to die)
Neptue - Klien (plays like he's in water)

Last edited:

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
as noted I missed the game but have seen this referenced... can you explain what happened??

He got high sticked by someone and was skating to the bench bleeding. Realizing the play was headed back into our zone he skated back without his stick and destroyed a guy in the corner and then a few moment later a guy is skating up the middle and he destroys him with another check. Play is whistled dead. Stars guys start chirping at Weber when Yip steps in and goes with Nystrom. Weber was in beast mode. Absolutely destroyed the two Stars players.

Yup, this. Just a good ole fashioned Webersmash where all the boards move and the whole crowd goes crazy. Nothing better! I love it when he gets pissed and you can tell he's just like "MUST. DESTROY. SOMEONE. NOW."

Does anyone happen to remember when that happened? I didn't get home until just before we made it 4-3. I know it was 4-2 but I don't know how long of a time frame that was. I'd like to go back and see the Weber stuff.

It was right before Yip's fight. That was at 11:45 of the 2nd...probably happened a minute or less before that.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Not saying he wasn't playing well until then...just saying that when he laid the Webersmash the entire team woke up and the momentum of the game totally changed.
I know. I was just saying that he was playing maybe his best game all year even before he became Angry Shea. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad