Do we win game 7?

• Yes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I'm praying Hanifin pulls some of that shit he did in OT against the Stars, against the Oilers. I haven't seen him break any ankles all year and then he pulled out a Heiskanen level shift that would've been a goal if not for Oettinger losing his stick right in the way of a rebound. I'm honestly baffled at where that came from

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
The voters got it wrong. Gaudreau should have been a finalist for the Hart.

Guy was robbed of a nom and IMO should have the trophy. Gaudreau had a better season than Matthews. Matthews is an elite goal scorer, there's a trophy for that, it's called the Rocket. Gaudreau lead the league in EVS, +/- and was doing things that hadn't been done in decades. Meanwhile Matthews scores 60 and barely breaks 100 points, cool, I've seen Stamkos and Ovy do it (Ovy going for 65) in the last 10ish years. Eastern bias is real, Matthews season was massively overrated.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
First chance I'm having to comment on the game . . .

Wow just wow . . . YSKDICKRKEEMOKWOPW!!!!!!!

All the players who needed to show up in a big way did. Toffoli - finally!!!!!! What a deflection! Matthew Tkachuk a huge goal and then an assist - finally!!!!! And Johnny, what a beauty, coming up tall in the biggest game of his life, delivering like a franchise player! Almost forgot about Marksy - what a game, what a series!!!!!

Yahoooooo!!!

Bring on the BOA! I can hardly wait!

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
They've been on the ice for like 75% of the goals against in this series lol

I was holding my tongue on Noah toward the end of the season when he was having some success. Wanted to believe. But he's what I thought and said once or twice: he's jittery and undependable as f*** (reminds me of Brodie in his worst stretch about 4 years ago).

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick and DFF

Khrox

May 31, 2018
But he's what I thought and said once or twice: he's jittery and undependable as f*** (reminds me of Brodie in his worst stretch about 4 years ago).
I loved Brodie. But the dude's entire time with the Flames was "90% good to great plays, and 10% where he shouldn't have been anywhere near the ice". Even at his best he was still good for 1-2 bad plays that either lead to goals or really good chances against every game. Noah is basically the same that way, but because his skills are a bit less developed than Brodie (though on par with where he was at the same age, maybe even a bit better), he gets dumped on a lot.

Like, looking at Brodie 6 years ago (same age as Hanifin now), I'd 100% take Hanifin this season over Brodie that season.

Reactions: Tofveve

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I loved Brodie. But the dude's entire time with the Flames was "90% good to great plays, and 10% where he shouldn't have been anywhere near the ice". Even at his best he was still good for 1-2 bad plays that either lead to goals or really good chances against every game. Noah is basically the same that way, but because his skills are a bit less developed than Brodie (though on par with where he was at the same age, maybe even a bit better), he gets dumped on a lot.

Like, looking at Brodie 6 years ago (same age as Hanifin now), I'd 100% take Hanifin this season over Brodie that season.

Brodie was a top five defensiveman in the NHL exactly six years ago according to his partner Giordano so dumb statement

Hanifin cannot hold prime Brodie's jock.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Brodie was a top five defensiveman in the NHL exactly six years ago according to his partner Giordano so dumb statement

Hanifin cannot hold prime Brodie's jock.
Brodie was never a top 5 nhl dman in the league lol. Giordano’s praise or not. 2014-16 Brodie was in that 10-20 range, but that peak was short. Otherwise he was fine as the #2-3 guy here, and that’s his role in Toronto too.

Otherwise it’s not like the criticisms are all that different between the two. Both have their “brain fart moments” but are solid puck moving two way dmen. Brodie definitely had higher highs, but his lows were lowwwwww. Brodie was a 25 minute dman a night in his prime, so I mean he did play more, but that was out of necessity rather than being ideal. His last few years saw him more in the 20-21 minute range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad