• Yes

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
f*** it I’m pulling the super6646 gdt thing again since we’re like 6-1 in the playoffs with them. If we lose, I want to be thoroughly trashed by every single member of this board for having the arrogance and audacity to do this.

Honestly though, I think this is done. Tanev is hurt, tkachuk is playing like he’s hurt, tofolli going Houdini on us, etc. I’d love to have the positive mindset that we’ll be going into game 7 to win and it’ll be fun and whatnot, but I just can’t do it. If this is the last game of Johnny Gaudreau at the dome as a Calgary flame, I just want to say thanks for the memories. You’ve proven the haters time and time again that they know nothing about hockey. You did it at the college level and won the hoby baker… you did it in the nhl and proved that stupid “he can’t do it against nhl dman thing” wrong. Franchise talent, and one of our all time greats. This franchise owes you everything, and if this is it, I wish you all the best luck wherever you go. Hall of fame player when all is said and done.

Gfg

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I'd like to see us score a goal and then I may have some real faith. We've scored in 2 home periods of 9 played. Those two periods gave us a 2-1 home record overall, but I'm feeling ducks '06 vibes here when they won 3-0 in g7 at the dome.

All the doom and gloom aside, we can absolutely win. Most of us lifers expect more ptsd to enjoy, but hey if Johnny & Lindy showup? Might be all we need. It'd be cool if Chuk, Bread, Foli, Dube could all help on the scoresheet of course and impact the game positively for sure.

The loss of Tanev and possible suspension of Z could prove a massive hole on D, but I don't give a shit. Prove that home ice matters boys. It's time we won a game 7 at home again. It's been since '89.

I'd prefer we do it without the need for ot, but it feels like we'll probably need that if we are going to win.

Enjoy today's less stressful (for us) slate guys and gals.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Stone has been super solid so can for sure do Zadorov’s minutes. But hopefully he avoids suspension.

Zadorov good to go; no suspension and with Stone’s play we should be okay even without Tanev

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I'm not Mr positive all the time but I'm going to be positive about this one. We've not played our best by what seems like a mile yet, still we are tied (came back to tie last night being down 2 - Marksy softy aside), and I did see quite a bit of emotion last night (Zad as much as his penalties piss me off, Mangi, Johnny, Dube, Lewis). Speaking of Johnny, he's been more and more looking like his in-season self (which is considerable as many of his dependable mates look like crap). Anyway, I think we're going to dig deep and win. I don't think this game comes down to the wire. I think it's pretty much concluded in the first period and a bit with us posting a 5-1 W - Johnny with 4 points. I think everyone stands tall.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have recently acquired tickets to this game.

The good news is I went to game 5 and they won.

The bad news is, I still cheer for the Flames lol

Seriously though, this has always been a 100% winnable series. It remains that way, even in this position. We know we can beat these guys. So just go f***ing do it. Leave nothing up to chance.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Taking my dad to this one. Last playoff game we went to together we eliminated Detroit in 04 so hoping for some of that good joojoo.

Need another game 4 effort. Defense have to be much better. Forwards have to be much better. Markstrom has to be much better. Focused and flawless and for the love of god score first.

GFG

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
The only less likely then the Flames winning a series is me winning a bet on a sporting event. So with that said I got 50 bucks on Dallas let's see which curse is the most powerful
Hahaha. I did the same. Thing is I'd need to bet several thousand for the emotional hedge to actually mean anything significant. I'm not going to do that, so let's just hope it's unnecessary and the Flames absolutely crush those fools. I really don't want to sweat a tight game in the third again needing a comeback or go ahead goal. Can we get like a 6-1 type win one time please? Haha.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hahaha. I did the same. Thing is I'd need to bet several thousand for the emotional hedge to actually mean anything significant. I'm not going to do that, so let's just hope it's unnecessary and the Flames absolutely crush those fools. I really don't want to sweat a tight game in the third again needing a comeback or go ahead goal. Can we get like a 6-1 type win one time please? Haha.
I'm hoping it's the best 50 bucks I've ever spent. A 6-1 win I might cry with where my expectations are

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'm gonna be really pissed off if you guys don't win tomorrow!
I've waited half my life to see the battle of Alberta in the playoffs again!

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Oilers fan here coming in peace. Please win game 7 tomorrow , I just want to say I witnessed a BOA playoff series in my lifetime. Think it will be unreal for the rest of the hockey world as well.

Dallas and Edmonton round 2 is gonna so much less juicy

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Game 7 kitty is on your side...

original.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad