Rumor: Daley wants out?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Burke sued an hfboards user? What a *****e.

Posters here were dishing rumors about an affair.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/brian-burke-sues-online-commenters-claims-defamation-1.1400105

In a statement released on Friday, Burke's lawyer Peter Gall said the comments, allegedly made under pseudonyms such as "Slobberface" and "Mowerman," are false and defamatory, and that they have hurt both Burke's and Mae's families.

"Brian has decided that it is time to stop people who post comments on the Internet from thinking they can fabricate wild stories with impunity," Gall said. "Brian is determined to find the authors of the lie about him and those who have circulated the lie."

Reactions: MBH

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
A veteran player with a modified NTC informs the GM that he's interested in being traded. To me that's nothing but a positive.

Daley gets to put 15 teams on his no-trade list so if he wanted to he could eliminate almost every playoff team, making it nearly impossible to trade him.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
A vet in his last year of professional hockey wants off the worst team in the league for one more shot at a cup if possible? Color me shocked.

Reactions: Konnan511

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think there is a playoff eligible team that wouldn't be better served searching their own AHL team as opposed to trading for Daley.

I don't know, maybe it's worth a 5th, 6th or 7th to not disturb your AHL team and bring in a guy that could step out of the press box for a few minutes in an emergency.

But it's players like Daley that are the reason the Red Wings are so bad.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Sending the Pens Daley would be a hinderance to them.

Daley hasn't been an NHL caliber player since about the middle of last season.
I do not know. On a good team he might be a very good player. Everyone looks better on that team because of Crosby and Malkin.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yzerman needs to figure out what else to package with Daley and AA to land this kid from Pittsburgh:

Calen Addison

Daley would return via depth insurance as a 7D, and AA has the ceiling to be the speedy winger the Pens want. But Detroit would likely have to boost the offer a bit, with how well Addison is developing.

Addison is pretty good... but I don't want to move AA for a Right D.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Not sure why anyone is upset about this. Daley simply told Yzerman that he wasn’t planning on re-signing. Regardless of whether Yzerman was planning on signing him or not, isn’t this the classy thing to do?

He’s not demanding a trade, he’s not ripping on his teammates, management, or ownership, and it all seems to have been done behind closed doors. Absolutely nothing wrong with this.

hopefully he nets us a late round pick.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Not sure why anyone is upset about this. Daley simply told Yzerman that he wasn’t planning on re-signing. Regardless of whether Yzerman was planning on signing him or not.

Can you imagine if this whole thing came about because Yzerman actually approached Daley wanting to bring him back next season? If that got out, there's either a huge meltdown or a whole bunch of hilarious narrative shifts from "guy's not even worth a bag of pucks" to "smart move, trust the Yzerplan".

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Not sure why anyone is upset about this. Daley simply told Yzerman that he wasn’t planning on re-signing. Regardless of whether Yzerman was planning on signing him or not, isn’t this the classy thing to do?

He’s not demanding a trade, he’s not ripping on his teammates, management, or ownership, and it all seems to have been done behind closed doors. Absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Who's upset? Great, get traded. Get us anything. Would be nothing but a positive. Point being made is that he's not worthy of a cup contender. He's a bad defenseman on a terrible team. Good luck finding a taker is the overriding sentiment here.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I can't freaking wait for Daley, Green, amd Ericsson's contracts to be off the books this summer. It's basically like having 3 Cody Cecis taking up a combined 12 mil in cap.

So yeah, if he wants out, trade him for half a bag of pucks, or at least a quarter bag

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'd be happy to trade him if at all possible. Not a big deal given the return would be a 4th rounder at best but he's not adding much of the "veteran presence" we've paid a premium for in the past.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Who's upset? Great, get traded. Get us anything. Would be nothing but a positive. Point being made is that he's not worthy of a cup contender. He's a bad defenseman on a terrible team. Good luck finding a taker is the overriding sentiment here.

Just read the thread, many posters are clearly annoyed.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'd be giving Dallas and Toronto a call. They can use some depth defense. Wouldn't expect anything other than a 7th rounder or a random prospect or maybe even a conditional pick.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Not to mention the fact that requesting a trade makes perfect sense from his perspective. He's late in his career, he wants to compete for a cup/playoff spot, and the team he's currently on isn't going anywhere. Pretty sure anyone here would want out also if they were in his shoes.

Reactions: kliq

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad